• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A little ot Just got my house searched

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Your rejection of reality is quite impressive. Drugs in your house, YOU go to jail. Maybe you get cleared weeks after the fact. That does nothing to soothe the sore kiester a few nights in jail will get you.

This is probably a waste of time but I will attempt anyways, when officers are in the hunt for someone that just attacked a woman and they are there searching for him, officers know there is a chance a running criminal will discard items to lessen their chances of being or having more charges applied.

The sore kiester thing, are you talking from prior experiences? LOL

Man when people get hit with that paranoia bug, it sticks!

.40S&W

BigDave I'm just curious, where did you get your rose colored glasses?

.40S&W

As dense as he is, his gravity probably pulls in crap from all OVER the place. Seriously, they should name a neutron star after him or something.

I've been reading his posts and I'm inclined to agree with you.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
BigDave I'm just curious, where did you get your rose colored glasses?
As dense as he is, his gravity probably pulls in crap from all OVER the place. Seriously, they should name a neutron star after him or something.

I just do not buy into all the hype how everyone is going to get bent over in this situation, I guess with you two it is one size fits all there are and will be mitigating circumstances along with evidence but then if you feel you are always going to be the suspect, then maybe a good look at yourself is past due.

sawah

And yet when called upon when a shooting occurs or someone being attacked they come running? How is that? It is about context on what is occurring, circumstances, preparedness, capabilities and some will never be happy with anything.

I'm not sure of your question but it doesn't speak to my reply.

As far as being a suspect, I'm sure I could search your house and find a legal reason to arrest you. If I were a cop I could easily plant evidence to assure that.

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

I suspect Dave has the same malady as many of the anti-gunner folks we run into. "Why do you need a gun to go grocery shopping? It's not like you're going to get mugged here" and "You don't need a gun, the police are here to protect you." They can't stand the thought that they are not in control of everything at all times and will hypnotize themselves into believing that the things which happen every day, somehow can't happen and especially not to them. Sometimes, the only way they can make it through the world is to bend reality to their world-view instead of accepting it for what it is.

sudden valley gunner

In my PERSONAL opinion I dont see why some are making a huge deal about this. Yes we do have the right to deny the LEO's access to our private homes, but to me there was no harm. The LEO's were looking for a dangerous person, the gf felt it was a good idea to let them search. If any of you remember the Forza shooting you know that a simple search may have turned up a criminal. Now me, myself personally I would have told the police that I was equipped to defend myself and nobody had entered or left the house in hours, and wished them good luck through the door. The leo's didnt address the OP's firearms, nor the GF's firearms(or lack of). So really this whole thread isnt really relevant, as besides the GF's desire for a gun(long gun or hand gun?) it states nothing about open carry or hand guns

What search found Clemems? Wasn't he killed in the street for approaching a cop and refusing orders? Interesting enough many of the big time bad guys are found by patrol and especially traffic patrol.

How would the bad neighbor know the Cops now have the drugs?

He wouldn't and might even assume the neighbor "F'd" him over and go from being a nuisance to being a big problem. But it is unlikely he'd hide the drugs there although this could happen and it is even more unlikely he would hide there.

If we concentrate the argument on what have you got to hide you have fallen into the Statist trap of totally ignoring the real point. It isn't about what we have to hide. It's the same rationalization that every tyrannical power has put forth when wanting to invade your private affairs.

sawah

I suspect Dave has the same malady as many of the anti-gunner folks we run into. "Why do you need a gun to go grocery shopping?

I doubt he or anyone would allow a couple of strangers to come in and search his house. Yet he says he'd allow a couple of LEOs he doesn't know to do so, absent a warrant. In addition to being foolhardy, he's teaching them that they have the right to do warrantless searches.

Last edited:

OC for ME

It took a long time to get back to where we started....moot point, 'she' let them in, end of story. Oh, by the way, that 'call the owner stuff', not required if the person there, at that time, is 'in control' of the property. Be it GF or 14 y/o babysitter. The 'what if parts', or the 'shudda parts' don't matter. Teachable moment to say the least.

Next time....

1245A Defender

Huh....

It took a long time to get back to where we started....moot point, 'she' let them in, end of story. Oh, by the way, that 'call the owner stuff', not required if the person there, at that time, is 'in control' of the property. Be it GF or 14 y/o babysitter. The 'what if parts', or the 'shudda parts' don't matter. Teachable moment to say the least.

next time,,,

maybe in the future, the girl friend and/or babysitters should be ON notice that they are not in controll of the property...
The OWNER locked the door when leaving, he is in controll!!!
the girlfriend can be in there.
the baby sitter is in the property to baby sit.
neither of these people are In CONTROLL of the property

oneeyeross

And yet when called upon when a shooting occurs or someone being attacked they come running? How is that? It is about context on what is occurring, circumstances, preparedness, capabilities and some will never be happy with anything.

ask Reginald Denny how well that worked...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reginald_Oliver_Denny

or Jessica Gonzalez
http://www.oyez.org/cases/2000-2009/2004/2004_04_278

or Bowers (see Bowers v. Devito) or Deshaney (Deshaney v Winnegago County)

There is a long list of these cases....

" But there is no constitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen. It is monstrous if the state fails to protect its residents against such predators but it does not violate the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment or, we suppose, any other provision of the Constitution. The Constitution is a charter of negative liberties; it tells the state to let people alone; it does not require the federal government or the state to provide services, even so elementary a service as maintaining law and order. " Bowers v. Devito, 686 F.2d 616 (7th Cir. 1982)

sudden valley gunner

or Jessica Gonzalez

" But there is no constitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen. It is monstrous if the state fails to protect its residents against such predators but it does not violate the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment or, we suppose, any other provision of the Constitution. The Constitution is a charter of negative liberties; it tells the state to let people alone; it does not require the federal government or the state to provide services, even so elementary a service as maintaining law and order. " Bowers v. Devito, 686 F.2d 616 (7th Cir. 1982)

Or how about Stephanie who called the police for help? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgixrRZ-Avg

sudden valley gunner

Next time....

I agree that what was done is moot at this point, but now the discussion has developed into something else.

The principle of the matter isn't moot..remember if we don't exercise our rights we loose our rights, and it takes courage to stand up and say no to big brother. Even though big brother and his friends try to make it seem like you are a crook, stupid, dangerous, extreme, got something to hide, hindering investigation, etc......

BigDave

Opt-Out Members

or Jessica Gonzalez

Here you quote a few cases, how about the hundreds of thousands that do not fall into abuse?

Fallschirjmäger

Here you quote a few cases, how about the hundreds of thousands that do not fall into abuse?

Well gee, Dave, are the millions of days that houses go without burning proof that one shouldn't have fire insurance or an extinguisher?
How about the hundreds of thousands of miles you or I have traveled without needing a seatbelt, is that 'proof' that seatbelts are unnecessary?
And the tens of thousands of nights when you didn't need a firearm are proof that you shouldn't carry one, right?

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Well gee, Dave, are the millions of days that houses go without burning proof that one shouldn't have fire insurance or an extinguisher?
How about the hundreds of thousands of miles you or I have traveled without needing a seatbelt, is that 'proof' that seatbelts are unnecessary?
And the tens of thousands of nights when you didn't need a firearm are proof that you shouldn't carry one, right?

Twisting and turning subject matter, is that all you can do? I guess so.
Grasping at straws and one liners oh how bright are you? LOL

I know the concept of keeping close to topic has alluded you.

Fallschirjmäger

Twisting and turning subject matter, is that all you can do? I guess so.
Grasping at straws and one liners oh how bright are you? LOL

I know the concept of keeping close to topic has alluded you.

This may be an inopportune time for me to me to allude to the fact that one shouldn't try to use one of them fancy-learnin' words such as "allude" when the word they want is 'elude.'
So, I guess I won't mention it, (but I do appear bright enough to know the difference.)

Just for edification, "You can allude (refer) to your daughter's graduation from Sixth Grade when boasting about her, but a criminal tries to elude (escape) captivity."

Last edited:

lockman

State Researcher
YES I Can Be Sure, You Can't?

I know it is hard for some to put others before them, I don't have that issue.

Are you absolutely sure that your guitar is not made with contraband Rosewood, or your dream catcher from the local craft fair does not contain protected migratory bird feathers. And the list goes on.