• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ABE - Person Advocating Violence Against Open Carry Persons

Bailenforcer

That was worried me the most he is obviously insane, then add in he advocated bombs and mass destruction methods while he claims to be worried about children? What does he think his bombs would do? I am concerned the moron might show up with a pipe bomb! He has NO grasp of reality so it is quite possible, he could act out violently. I wish I wasn't 400 miles away.

All of us ( in particular those of us that had our names in the paper, OR WERE FORCED TO GIVE OUR NAMES & ADDRESSES at the Royal oak Commission meetings, now saved on the web for this loon! ). Should take his threats seriously. This guy is dangerous not only to himself but anyone in his vicinity. He speaks of using Bombs, Knives, Cars etc... my SA is now set to DEFCON 1 / SUPER MAXIMUM!

Carry On Openly & carefully!

stainless1911

Banned
He might not be able to legally get a firearm, but if he did get one, I sincerely believe he would use it. He can however, get bombs, bats, knives, and automobiles, all of which he has encouraged the use of as weapons against law abiding citizens.

If ever there was an event where the arming of citizens were justified, it is here. This is one of the primary reasons for the right to keep and bear arms.

PDinDetroit

Okay, I have seen other videos by this guy last year. I think he is in California. He is very nuts and his arguments are so full of contradictions that by his own statements he should kill himself. So if he sees himself carrying a gun to kill people carrying a gun then he should just shoot himself and save the world the trouble. I think he did too many s'rooms and other mind altering drugs.

"The people have a right to bear arms to kill these gun carriers. Because patriotic Americans have a right to bear arms to protect our country from lunatics, who will walk around a festival with a gun. These people don't want to walk around that festival to protect anyone. They want to walk around that festival with a gun to show Americans how powerful the gun lobby is and how powerless Americans are."

He is in Warren, MI. It is possible that he has already directly threatened one of our members.

PDinDetroit

Fail.

The right to free speech does not include incitement of others to do violent crime. This is one of those "reasonable restrictions" on the right to free speech. Courts have clearly upheld this type of restriction. For example, "incitement to riot" has been upheld consistently as a violation not covered by the right to free speech.

So, while he may not be declaring that he will be on a rooftop with a sniper rifle targeting innocent people, he is inciting others to do so. Also, since he calls for violent mayhem in some coordinated fashion (at or in proximity of the ABE festival grounds, during the time of the festival), this quite reasonably would be seen my me, if I were a juror in a trial against him, as "incitement to riot".

Add to this that he has his own Religious Following that refer to him as "Messiah" and he calls his group a Militia.

sasha601

;1336539 said:
Christopher Jahnke, Royal Oak Police Chief

Mr Christopher Jahnke,

I have been made aware that Timothy Alan Campbell is advocating violence against law-abiding citizens at the Arts, Beats, and Eats Festival. I thought you should know about this.

Please review the following text from his YouTube Video for details of his plan of conduct. I have included the link to this video, although it has been flagged as inappropriate. In addition, I am including the link to this person's Self-Made Religion.

YouTube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-T70thOVRA

His Self-Made Religion: http://www.angelfire.com/oz/gotimothy/index.htm

Text of YouTube Video:

Sincerely,

PDinDetroit

cc: Oakland County Sheriff Micheal Bouchard

PDinDetroit,

Please keep us informed what kind of response you will get from Royal Oak Police Chief and Oakland County Sheriff. Lets see how seriously they take a direct call to violence against law abiding citizens at the ABE festival. You might want to forward a copy to Warren Police. If after what he said, this guy is not arrested prior to the festival, then something is really wrong.

trooper46

He is in Michigan actually according to what I have seen and heard. He is quite deranged also if you watch all his videos. I have watched a number of them, problem is I can sit through maybe three at a time then I feel like I want to vomit. He has no touch with reality and if you listen carefully he makes jumps in logic that make no sense like the Russia won't be our friends because of the NRA? Pure insanity. Actually in Russia they now have more freedom that us. Many people have possession of full auto AK 47's and the Government does nothing about it. They might not yet have a flourishing gun industry but guns are now everywhere and I mean serious fire power. But that lunatic ignores those facts.

Not to distract too much from the main topic. But the statement regarding Russian gun laws and possession couldn't be more incorrect. As someone currently studying in Russia, I can tell you that the gun laws here VERY strict about what you can and cannot own and it is strictly enforced on all that do not have friends or wealthy connections. You can only have a hand gun if you have owned either a rifle or a shotgun for 5 years without incident.

Additionally, that hand gun may only be either a gas operated pistol, or a revolver to be loaded only with rubber or tear gas bullets. Live ammo in a hand gun is completely illegal and can land serious prison time except for security forces of course. Even then, you are not permitted to carry the hand gun outside the home. The only exception for carrying a loaded firearm outside the home is the Saiga shotgun, which because it is a shot gun with a clip has a loop hole in the law.

Also, an interesting note I learned when I arrived here. Self-defense, regardless of the weapon used, is NOT a legal defense for shooting someone out side the home. And as you've probably guessed, automatics are strictly forbidden except to security forces. Note that all of these restrictions do not apply to the wealthy or well connected. Who, if they have enough money, can do pretty much anything they want here.

I can't wait to get home start carrying again....I feel naked and unclean without my side arm :p. I currently carry only a knife when I go out. We may not have it perfect all over the U.S, but I can tell you it's a hell of lot better than here and other places I've studied.

stainless1911

Banned
Ive downloaded hundreds of vids, had a couple different warnings, but never a problem. Your antivirus should be able to scan any downloaded file, and then isolate a problem if any. Im using firefox and IE as a browser, and Kapersky antivirus.

Agent1

i assumed u disabled norton correct? Cant stand anything symantec puts out...try avg free or avast...

:shocker: What free software, Are you kidding me?:cuss:

Who in there right mind uses free software? [/sarcasm off]

I have been switching users over to Comodo (the firewall is a pain for a few days but it works great). I am losing my faith in AVG free. JMPO

Last edited:

sultan62

I guarantee FBI and probably BATFE are already monitoring this guy. He's been arrested, he's in the system, he's clearly loony.

I'd definitely tip off the local police though.

Bailenforcer

From a few I know living there I am told cops look the other way most of the time, and they do actually own the weapons I mentioned. Now I don't know how wealthy they might be, but in Russia I am guessing our middle class might be considered wealthy. I am aware many laws are just not enforced as they don't have the cops to do much with all the crime there now. I might add the people I have talked to do live outside the main urban areas.

But point taken, maybe they are wealthy?

Not to distract too much from the main topic. But the statement regarding Russian gun laws and possession couldn't be more incorrect. As someone currently studying in Russia, I can tell you that the gun laws here VERY strict about what you can and cannot own and it is strictly enforced on all that do not have friends or wealthy connections. You can only have a hand gun if you have owned either a rifle or a shotgun for 5 years without incident.

Additionally, that hand gun may only be either a gas operated pistol, or a revolver to be loaded only with rubber or tear gas bullets. Live ammo in a hand gun is completely illegal and can land serious prison time except for security forces of course. Even then, you are not permitted to carry the hand gun outside the home. The only exception for carrying a loaded firearm outside the home is the Saiga shotgun, which because it is a shot gun with a clip has a loop hole in the law.

Also, an interesting note I learned when I arrived here. Self-defense, regardless of the weapon used, is NOT a legal defense for shooting someone out side the home. And as you've probably guessed, automatics are strictly forbidden except to security forces. Note that all of these restrictions do not apply to the wealthy or well connected. Who, if they have enough money, can do pretty much anything they want here.

I can't wait to get home start carrying again....I feel naked and unclean without my side arm :p. I currently carry only a knife when I go out. We may not have it perfect all over the U.S, but I can tell you it's a hell of lot better than here and other places I've studied.

Bailenforcer

Avast wins my praise. It's free I have just over 50 computers I have put it on in the last year with zero problems, well except one, the idiot disabled it (Avast) because the site was giving him a trojan alert and he assumed avast was wrong..... It wasn't, and he learned his lesson..... I hope.

i assumed u disabled norton correct? Cant stand anything symantec puts out...try avg free or avast...

trooper46

From a few I know living there I am told cops look the other way most of the time, and they do actually own the weapons I mentioned. Now I don't know how wealthy they might be, but in Russia I am guessing our middle class might be considered wealthy. I am aware many laws are just not enforced as they don't have the cops to do much with all the crime there now. I might add the people I have talked to do live outside the main urban areas.

But point taken, maybe they are wealthy?

If they're outside the urban areas you can also pretty much get away with it too. Alot of people have some war trophies that have been passed down through the family or weapons acquired from previous military service. I was mostly discussing the laws on the books which are strictly enforced in the cities. The Russian country side is too vast and many villages are very decentralized and under little oversight. As long as they're outside the cities, they probably arent bothered too much because there isnt enough cops anyway. I'm still shocked that self-defense is not in anyway a legal reason for shooting someone outside the home. In fact, you can even be sued in court by the person who attacked you for full punitive damages. Though I don't know how likely it is they would win.

Some cops here are dicks though just like back home. I had a full pat down search and document check because they recognized my accent at a check point. Supposedly some foreigners killed a cop with his own gun a few days ago and their trying to find them. ....I don't think they get the concept of retention holster yet...