• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Additional magazines???

Beau

I'm still waiting to hear about one case where a civilian self-defense encounter needed a reload.

I'm tired of hearing how it's 'just like warfare on foreign soil.'

I'm sure they are out there. Technically any case where a police officer had to reload would count. I bet there are more than a few instances where a person would have needed a reload but didn't have a mag available because they thought they wouldn't need more than one.

I can think of one instance recently where a guy in a convenience store engaged a robber. He used and hit the bad guy with all of the .44mag rounds from his revolver and the bad guy was still attacking.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
... any case where a police officer had to reload would count....

Uh, no.

I'm not referring to police officers or other security guards.

Please give a cite to any non-police civilian, especially extraordinary, accounts.

Beau

Uh, no.

I'm not referring to police officers or other security guards.

Please give a cite to any non-police civilian, especially extraordinary, accounts.

Are not police officers civilians? Why wouldn't they count.

I don't think you're going to get the information you're looking for. Not because it doesn't exist but because I don't know of any database that tracks how many shots are fired in self defense cases. Also, news articles don't usually include information on how many times the person had to reload in their stories.

Let us know if you find anything though. Personally the topic doesn't really interest me enough to try to research it on my own. I don't really care how many people had to, or didn't have to, reload. I will continue to carry two additional mags on my belt and just like my pistol I'll hope I never have to use them.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Are not police officers civilians? Why wouldn't they count.

I don't think you're going to get the information you're looking for. Not because it doesn't exist but because I don't know of any database that tracks how many shots are fired in self defense cases. Also, news articles don't usually include information on how many times the person had to reload in their stories.

Let us know if you find anything though. Personally the topic doesn't really interest me enough to try to research it on my own. I don't really care how many people had to, or didn't have to, reload. I will continue to carry two additional mags on my belt and just like my pistol I'll hope I never have to use them.

Yes, police officers are civilians. Maybe you should reread the purpose of this website though.

I'm not telling anyone they should not carry extra magazines.

I'm saying you shouldn't feel underarmed if you don't.

Beau

Yes, police officers are civilians. Maybe you should reread the purpose of this website though.

I'm not telling anyone they should not carry extra magazines.

I'm saying you shouldn't feel underarmed if you don't.

Unless of course you actually need them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

WalkingWolf

People should carry as many magazines as they feel comfortable with, it is their choice after all. Just keep in mind if stuff goes south, and you survive the PoPo is going to confiscate all your mags, and your gun. Some mags go for $30 a mag, 10 mags is a $300 loss not including the ammo and gun. If a person keeps some of those mags at home they only need to replace the gun.