• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alabama open carrier featured on CBS News 42 video!

DJDD

imported post

I've got a few folks down here in Prattville, Al that would love to attend! Are we meeting at Hoover Tactical or did ya'll want to do a meet and greet and grab some food?

Kingfish

imported post

Hollowpoint38 wrote:
...Why would you need a firearm in a school? EVER? It's one thing to carry out on the town, in stores, etc. But a school? It's a bunch of kids learning. ...
Dude, did you get that line from the Brady bunch website? That is the EXACT same argument they make for restricting carry EVERYWHERE. The same argument could be made for making carry unlawful in parks, Chuck e Cheese, toys are us, etc. And where does it stop from there.

Correct me if I am wrong here but it sounds as though you want to make carry unlawful in places there is no "need" or rather where you don't see a need. Please tell me I am wrong.

Jonathon Sometimes

imported post

DJDD, and everyone else planning on attending, sorry but Hoover Tactical has declined to be the location, so Tim (Hollowpoint38) has been scouting other locales. At Starbucks Sundays, he told me he'll have a place nailed down this week.

Stay tuned for more info, and welcome to the site! :)

Hollowpoint38

A sandwich made of knuckles, Hoover, Alabama
imported post

Hey. I thought about it and that is not what I want. I just didn't see the need for a weapon in a school, but another member explained how schools have had some of the worst shootings in history. I have corrected myself and agree that it should stay legal.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Hollowpoint38 wrote:
Hey. I thought about it and that is not what I want. I just didn't see the need for a weapon in a school, but another member explained how schools have had some of the worst shootings in history. I have corrected myself and agree that it should stay legal.
Common sense and logic prevail.:)

Thank you, sir.

Yata hey

Hollowpoint38

A sandwich made of knuckles, Hoover, Alabama
imported post

I thought about it. We don't need the government telling us when and where we won't "need" a way to defend ourselves because when we don't think we need it, that's when we do.

"I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it."

-My bumber sticker

Kingfish

imported post

Hollowpoint38 wrote:
I thought about it. We don't need the government telling us when and where we won't "need" a way to defend ourselves because when we don't think we need it, that's when we do.

"I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it."

-My bumber sticker
You sir, have my respect.

AL Ranger

imported post

Pass this on as fast as possible: You can get a tri-fold printout of Alabama's open carry laws and court rulings to that effect showing OC in Alabama is completely legal. You can then pass these out to law enforcement and others when they question you about open carry.

The website is : http://alabamagunrights.org . Under the General Summary (first paragragh is "Trifold Summary(pdf)". Click that link and print the summary. Make as many copies as you can and pass them out.

I hope this helps!

AL Ranger

imported post

I saw your video and hope you don't mind but I put it on YouTube. If you have a problem with it being there, please let me know and I will gladly remove it. They had other videos about open carry from different states around the country and I thought it would nice to see one from Alabama up there.

Once again, if you object to having it YouTube, I will gladly take it down. The video is entitled "Open Carry of Firearms (Pistols)" under the Education title.

Thanks!

AL Ranger

imported post

I made a mistake and went back to fix it. I retitled the video on YouTube as Alabama Open Carry of Handguns. I posted it until the account name OaGuardian. You can find it on YouTube or my OaGuardian account page.

If you want the video removed I will be glad to do so. You can contact me here or on YouTube.

Thanks again!