• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ALERT: MI Sheriff's training on how to arrest OCers.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Slugslinger wrote:
Let's hold off on flying this flag until it's been run up the pole!:cuss:

You think twice before you un-holster that pistol right?!? Sometimes words can be just as effective. No ones going to be arrested for legally doing anything without being presented with a fine opportunity for a lawsuit. I'm glad that we can get info right out via the Internet but the speculation needs to stay off the waves so we don't have boneheads running around presenting this as "fact":banghead:

Personally, I hope I'm the one arrested for legally OCing. 'Cause I'm polite but know how to make a lot of noise with this voice. And my lawyer would probably enjoy that paycheck.:celebrate

First of all this issue has been resolved.

BTW we have had OCers cited and/or arrested/charged for doing nothing illegal. I don't know what world you live in as this happens everyday in the USA. As for suing them. Most attorneys that have been contacted won't sue for whatever reason. If you have info on an attorney that will handle a law suit on contingency let me know and I'll add him/her to the list.

While everyone seems to think a law suit is easy, try getting an attorney to take the case. You can sue and represent yourself, but you get what you pay for. I know some have successfully done so but it's rare.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U

Michigander

imported post

Venator wrote:
You can sue and represent yourself, but you get what you pay for. I know some have successfully done so but it's rare.
A while back at a picnic you and I discussed how we probably know more about gun laws than most Michigan lawyers.

There are dozens and dozens of extremely legally savvy people on this forum, many more legally able than me. It seems with all that knowledge, we should be able to come together and launch some law suits.

We have nothing to lose and everything to gain by simply trying it out. If nothing else, a few screw ups could be valuable experience which could lead the way to success.

Slugslinger

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Venator wrote:
You can sue and represent yourself, but you get what you pay for. I know some have successfully done so but it's rare.
A while back at a picnic you and I discussed how we probably know more about gun laws than most Michigan lawyers.

There are dozens and dozens of extremely legally savvy people on this forum, many more legally able than me. It seems with all that knowledge, we should be able to come together and launch some law suits.

We have nothing to lose and everything to gain by simply trying it out. If nothing else, a few screw ups could be valuable experience which could lead the way to success.

I'm against frivolous lawsuits, that's for sure. However there have been some hideous crimes committed by our employees in the law enforcement sector.They live on our taxes. Kimberguy, you paid a hefty tax for that gun that they want so badly to persecute you for. Ammo, Holsters, Targets, Range time,Clips, Mags, every material item we gun owners have bought and sold makes UP a portion of the money they use to persecute us and defile the Constitution (NOT TO MENTION THE RECENT HIKE IN LICENSING). Frankly, my blood is at about 211 degrees and my guts ache with anger.

I've had quite a few run-ins with the law myself, (not since I was retarded- I mean17), never been convicted (thank Smith and Wesson), but I do know my way around criminal court room. I am also hammering out another degree and live on a state campus and am currently in a law class which affords me a library full of books, a professor of law, access to a hundred young, hungry attorneys, and more.

Recently I've seen video proof of False Imprisonment, aka Ponderosa, the entire community of Jackson/ Blackman TWN. I've seen the personal persecution of Kimberguy-(book title) that just makes me ill. Someone needs to make a "let's count the civil infractions" video clip of just his stops alone with big red numbers and a buzzer. WHAT A HIDEOUS DISPLAY OF HOW LAW ABIDING CITIZENS ARE TREATED!!!

Just Kimberguy:1ST.- False impr. at least once 2nd. -Illegal search and seizure if no prob. cause then run up the tally. That's 3rd-Harassment-HE WAS TOLD YOU WERE WITHIN THE LAW AND STILL PULLED YOU OVER. He had the answer 1 minute into the stop, he read the card. But what level of ignorance does it take to think that by obtaining the right to conceal you forfeit your right to OC C-mon! I'm a moron and I know better. Were you REALLY in violation of the NAME of the license? And does that mean I CANNOT ride my bike since I got my driver's license? But the worst one is LIBEL- the Defamation or whatever we want to call it- made on a permanent medium (ie. in writing, recordings, testimony, electronic media). That cop was verbally wishing, praying and hoping that you wouldmeet personal bodily harm.

They break up assembly that has a political cause and try to scare us into leaving our guns at home all in the name of preserving theyre only afforded advantage- THE GUN WE GAVE THEM. Now they can't be the only cowboy and they are resisting hard. He had no right to send your father away"'Cause I want you gone" Wrong, you had the right to that witness. He wasn't interfering ,they asked HIM questions!

I can't count any higher than that- I'm getting angry again. (need angr mgmt):cuss::banghead:

I'm not saying represent yourself, but if someone does, I'll bring my books and join your cause. I'll also look for an attorney who will get paid after, and or make a decision based on the strength of the case/evidence. If any of you that starred in one of those videos wants to pursue the cause. It might be the publicity that this state and this cause needs. Class action suit against LPD or JPD. Shoot me a message. I'm all in.

BTW I would love to have an event near or around here and would like to go to the range if anyone is local! Big Rapids/ Cadillac/ Grand Rapids.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

Slugslinger wrote:
Someone needs to make a "let's count the civil infractions" video clip of just his stops alone with big red numbers and a buzzer. WHAT A HIDEOUS DISPLAY OF HOW LAW ABIDING CITIZENS ARE TREATED!!!
Hey Michigander... new video idea? :lol:

sasha601

imported post

Absolutely agree. The only thing that changes bhavor of bad cops and corrupt PDs is a successful court case. I beleive Kimberguy has enough on record to, perhaps, convince one of the pro-gun attorneys to pursue this case on consignment basis (attorney is paid from damages award).

jeremy05

imported post

Slugslinger wrote:
Michigander wrote:
Venator wrote:

I'm against frivolous lawsuits, that's for sure. However there have been some hideous crimes committed by our employees in the law enforcement sector.They live on our taxes. Kimberguy, you paid a hefty tax for that gun that they want so badly to persecute you for. Ammo, Holsters, Targets, Range time,Clips, Mags, every material item we gun owners have bought and sold makes UP a portion of the money they use to persecute us and defile the Constitution (NOT TO MENTION THE RECENT HIKE IN LICENSING). Frankly, my blood is at about 211 degrees and my guts ache with anger.

I've had quite a few run-ins with the law myself, (not since I was retarded- I mean17), never been convicted (thank Smith and Wesson), but I do know my way around criminal court room. I am also hammering out another degree and live on a state campus and am currently in a law class which affords me a library full of books, a professor of law, access to a hundred young, hungry attorneys, and more.

Recently I've seen video proof of False Imprisonment, aka Ponderosa, the entire community of Jackson/ Blackman TWN. I've seen the personal persecution of Kimberguy-(book title) that just makes me ill. Someone needs to make a "let's count the civil infractions" video clip of just his stops alone with big red numbers and a buzzer. WHAT A HIDEOUS DISPLAY OF HOW LAW ABIDING CITIZENS ARE TREATED!!!

Just Kimberguy:1ST.- False impr. at least once 2nd. -Illegal search and seizure if no prob. cause then run up the tally. That's 3rd-Harassment-HE WAS TOLD YOU WERE WITHIN THE LAW AND STILL PULLED YOU OVER. He had the answer 1 minute into the stop, he read the card. But what level of ignorance does it take to think that by obtaining the right to conceal you forfeit your right to OC C-mon! I'm a moron and I know better. Were you REALLY in violation of the NAME of the license? And does that mean I CANNOT ride my bike since I got my driver's license? But the worst one is LIBEL- the Defamation or whatever we want to call it- made on a permanent medium (ie. in writing, recordings, testimony, electronic media). That cop was verbally wishing, praying and hoping that you wouldmeet personal bodily harm.

They break up assembly that has a political cause and try to scare us into leaving our guns at home all in the name of preserving theyre only afforded advantage- THE GUN WE GAVE THEM. Now they can't be the only cowboy and they are resisting hard. He had no right to send your father away"'Cause I want you gone" Wrong, you had the right to that witness. He wasn't interfering ,they asked HIM questions!

I can't count any higher than that- I'm getting angry again. (need angr mgmt):cuss::banghead:

I'm not saying represent yourself, but if someone does, I'll bring my books and join your cause. I'll also look for an attorney who will get paid after, and or make a decision based on the strength of the case/evidence. If any of you that starred in one of those videos wants to pursue the cause. It might be the publicity that this state and this cause needs. Class action suit against LPD or JPD. Shoot me a message. I'm all in.

BTW I would love to have an event near or around here and would like to go to the range if anyone is local! Big Rapids/ Cadillac/ Grand Rapids.

holy hell, Oct 9th back from the dead!