• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ALERT: WA Ceasefire to push O.C. ban in 2012 !!!!!

jsanchez

Word spreading via WAC newsletter

A coworker gave me a copy of the latest WAC newsletter and this is what they said.

"Washington Ceasefire, our Brady Bunch affiliate, has announced its #1 agenda item for the 2012 Legislative session: re-imposing the ban on open carry of firearms in Washington. Washington traditionally has been an open carry state, although open carry is not frequently practiced in urban areas.

In 1994, at the urging or the Seattle Police Department and based on an alleged incident at Green Lake for which no official record exists, the legislature passed a statewide ban on open carry. The ban had several exceptions (for example, if you had a CPL, you could also open carry- go figure the logic of that). Counties were allowed to opt out, and in two years all but four counties had chosen to ignore the ban.

Based on that experience, and the lack of prosecutions for open carry violations even in Seattle, the legislature wisely repealed the ban in 1997. 42 states currently allow open carry.

But California just banned the practice, so Californicators up here are trying to play monkey-see, monkey-do. There are a handful of legislators, some imports, others native Washingtonians, who would like to see Washington follow California down the gun control path."

Malcolmmx1

Just a thought

I was OC on the way to an appointment, and saw a couple comming up the street, they where close enough to hear them coment that I had a gun. I thought it was sad, people fear guns and are uninformed that most gun owners are law abiding citizens and are not criminals . They fear guns becouse of the media, I think it is tarable that a few scared uninformed individuals(Ceasefire) can try to restrict our rights. We can never let down our gard.

brknprmss

CeaseFire Employee

Very interesting. Last fall I had a conversation with one of the project managers working on this campaign and I challenged him to take a trip with me to the firing range and if he convinced me I would join his plight to have the legislation changed. Well, he came and he tried very hard. But, I have him my brand new HK to shoot and then gave him my target and asked him to try hitting the mark. I only set it out about 20 feet intentionally. Then I raved about his natural abilitilies. He was hooked... he asked if he could try again. This time he asked if he could move the target out a little further. Well, needless to say he quit his job about 6 weeks later. TRUE story. He and I now go shooting every now and then. He is now the campaign manager for someone running for state rep and is pro- right to bear arms....

hermannr

A coworker gave me a copy of the latest WAC newsletter and this is what they said.

"Washington Ceasefire, our Brady Bunch affiliate, has announced its #1 agenda item for the 2012 Legislative session: re-imposing the ban on open carry of firearms in Washington. Washington traditionally has been an open carry state, although open carry is not frequently practiced in urban areas.

In 1994, at the urging or the Seattle Police Department and based on an alleged incident at Green Lake for which no official record exists, the legislature passed a statewide ban on open carry. The ban had several exceptions (for example, if you had a CPL, you could also open carry- go figure the logic of that). Counties were allowed to opt out, and in two years all but four counties had chosen to ignore the ban.

Based on that experience, and the lack of prosecutions for open carry violations even in Seattle, the legislature wisely repealed the ban in 1997. 42 states currently allow open carry.

But California just banned the practice, so Californicators up here are trying to play monkey-see, monkey-do. There are a handful of legislators, some imports, others native Washingtonians, who would like to see Washington follow California down the gun control path."

In 1994 the people of WA elected the absolutely worst governor this state has ever had...Mike Lowry... There are still some unfortunate leftovers from his unconstitutional attack (most of whch were declared unconstitutional) on Article 1 Section 24 of the Washington State constitution. (a couple are the requirements to unload in a vehicle if you do not have a nanny permit, and the "display" language we all love so much). We need a good state government so we can rid ourselves of the rest of his "legacy"

Last edited:

LkWd_Don

In 1994 the people of WA elected the absolutely worst governor this state has ever had...Mike Lowry... There are still some unfortunate leftovers from his unconstitutional attack (most of whch were declared unconstitutional) on Article 1 Section 24 of the Washington State constitution. (a couple are the requirements to unload in a vehicle if you do not have a nanny permit, and the "display" language we all love so much). We need a good state government so we can rid ourselves of the rest of his "legacy"

I don't remember him being worse that Christine. I'm glad she can not run again.

Freedom1Man

There's another point to be made about this whole thing -- right now gun owners are playing defense only.

It is far better for our side to recognize this as an opportunity to submit our alternate bills. So, what are some potential alternate bills?

1) Constitutional carry with optional licenses for reciprocity.
2) Scrapping victim disarmament zone laws, particularly with regard to elementary and high schools.

I for one will ask my state senator (who claims to be pro-gun) to sponsor such bills. As long as we only fight defensively, the best we can hope for are outcomes that will not make things worse.

Forbid corporations from creating gun-free zones.
Stop corporations from disarming workers.
If a corporate/LLC business wants to make their business a weapon free area that they must provide enough lock boxes for all the patrons free of charge.
ETC etc.

jolly__roger

Has anyone checked out WA Ceasefires facebook post from Friday? This quote sums it up fairly well
Wow somebody just got their ass HANDED to them.

https://www.facebook.com/washingtonceasefire

**UPDATE**

They deleted all of the pro-gun comments off of their facebook wall and locked it down so no one can post. It's a good thing I saved all of the comments from earlier today =) I'll post a link to it soon :lol:.

Update #2 - they didn't block everyone from being able to comment, just one of my (many) fb profiles. We should all go voice our opinions on their wall and keep them busy deleting and blocking.

Update #3 This is a ugly 'save as' dump of the facebook page I capture earlier. If you compare this one to what their actual wall is, you'll see a big difference.
http://66.249.23.60/washingtonceasefire_got_owned.html

Last edited:

1911er

Its always the same blowhards that spout crap out of there blow holes with nothing to back it up. And I will almost gaurentee they are all leaning so sar left that they are ready to fall over. They can have my guns 230 grains at a time..

jolly__roger

Don't you just love censorship

While I was waiting for 35TB of data to be mirrored to five new servers I got a little bored last night...

facebook page:
Washington Ceasefire is LAME

I've also setup an auto-archiver so it will hopefully preserve posts that have been censored.

Sometimes boredom can lead to some fun... Still need to work on the website though, as of right now it's just the first archived page I took.

DeltaOps

While I was waiting for 35TB of data to be mirrored to five new servers I got a little bored last night...

facebook page:

I've also setup an auto-archiver so it will hopefully preserve posts that have been censored.

Sometimes boredom can lead to some fun... Still need to work on the website though, as of right now it's just the first archived page I took.

I was wondering if the same person was here on the forums. Nice. Went to washingtonceasefire facebook and added my fifty cents. Have not been banned yet.

jolly__roger

I was wondering if the same person was here on the forums. Nice. Went to washingtonceasefire facebook and added my fifty cents. Have not been banned yet.

It seems they have stopped deleting and banning new people but they have yet to unban anyone. I'm glad others have joined in and voiced their opinions as well. It's odd that with over 500 people following their page the anti comments have stopped and we've been the primary voice.

I'll give it a little bit of time because I'm sure they're not happy with me right now but I might try to open dialogue with the people of WA Ceasefire to discuss the possibly of finding prevention solutions that to not infringe upon our rights protected by the constitution. I haven't had any support from people on this forum to the concept of prevention measures (that still protect our rights) so maybe I'll find some support from the opposition... It seems ludicrous and sad that I have to go to them to try to come up with some prevention solutions that still protect our rights. I would rather (very much so) deal with the people of this community but if that's my only option, so be it.

Last edited:

Metalhead47

It seems they have stopped deleting and banning new people but they have yet to unban anyone. I'm glad others have joined in and voiced their opinions as well. It's odd that with over 500 people following their page the anti comments have stopped and we've been the primary voice.

I'll give it a little bit of time because I'm sure they're not happy with me right now but I might try to open dialogue with the people of WA Ceasefire to discuss the possibly of finding prevention solutions that to not infringe upon our rights protected by the constitution. I haven't had any support from people on this forum to the concept of prevention measures (that still protect our rights) so maybe I'll find some support from the opposition... It seems ludicrous and sad that I have to go to them to try to come up with some prevention solutions that still protect our rights. I would rather (very much so) deal with the people of this community but if that's my only option, so be it.

Laws cannot prevent, they can only punish. "Prevention" means responsible citizens seeing to their own defense, not creating more helpless victims.