• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ann Arbor Get-Together, Official Thread

WARCHILD

imported post

I'm in. I'll cover the plastic wear, paper plates, paper towels.

A little OT, but I just hearda Macomb county sheriff just arrested the energizer bunny while helping an old lady with her car. He was charged with excessive battery!:celebrate

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Jared wrote:
Venator wrote:
cmdio wrote:
EDIT: Restaurant ideas: Buffalo Wild Wings is right in the campus area of town, that might be fun, I don't know what their company firearms policy is (I don't remember any signs though). I'm having trouble thinking of others as I wonder if they are on the right side of the 51% line, Brown Jug is one that I'm thinking of but It does do alot of business on drinks every night. There is a Mongolian Grill on Main, The original Cottage Inn Pizza is a nice place too on Liberty and State. That's all I've got for now, most of the food I ate there was burritos from Big Ten or Pancheros or pizza by the slice from the party stores.
Non CPL holders can't carry in places that sell booze. That's why if we go the inside route we choose a place that's booze free. Now after the get-together and we break off into smaller groups, well that's something else.

I wouldn't necessarily let this deter you though. The general carry ban (not the CPL free zone) does include establishments that serve alcohol; however, the law exempts a person who has a permit to carry from ANY state. I'm not sure how many people have some another states permit but not a michigan one. I wouldn't write a place like wild wings off yet.

True if they have a CPL from another state they can carry IF THEY are from that state. There is some question that may not be the case but there is some wording in the recent CPL law about recognizing permitsfrom the state you are a resident of. So the advice is, an out of state permit issued to a Michigan resident is not valid in Michigan.Never the lessa person that doesn't havea CPL can't carry in a place that serves booze regardless of the percent of sales.

Rogue9er

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Venator wrote:
Jared wrote:
Venator wrote:
cmdio wrote:
EDIT: Restaurant ideas: Buffalo Wild Wings is right in the campus area of town, that might be fun, I don't know what their company firearms policy is (I don't remember any signs though). I'm having trouble thinking of others as I wonder if they are on the right side of the 51% line, Brown Jug is one that I'm thinking of but It does do alot of business on drinks every night. There is a Mongolian Grill on Main, The original Cottage Inn Pizza is a nice place too on Liberty and State. That's all I've got for now, most of the food I ate there was burritos from Big Ten or Pancheros or pizza by the slice from the party stores.
Non CPL holders can't carry in places that sell booze. That's why if we go the inside route we choose a place that's booze free. Now after the get-together and we break off into smaller groups, well that's something else.

I wouldn't necessarily let this deter you though. The general carry ban (not the CPL free zone) does include establishments that serve alcohol; however, the law exempts a person who has a permit to carry from ANY state. I'm not sure how many people have some another states permit but not a michigan one. I wouldn't write a place like wild wings off yet.

True if they have a CPL from another state they can carry IF THEY are from that state. There is some question that may not be the case but there is some wording in the recent CPL law about recognizing permitsfrom the state you are a resident of. So the advice is, an out of state permit issued to a Michigan resident is not valid in Michigan.Never the lessa person that doesn't havea CPL can't carry in a place that serves booze regardless of the percent of sales.
I did not know that.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Rogue9er wrote:
Venator wrote:
Jared wrote:
Venator wrote:
cmdio wrote:

I did not know that.
I should add unless that person has the permission of the owner or their agents. So we could good to a gun friendly bar/restaurant where the owner or manager allow that non CPL person to carry openly. That is an idea worth looking into.

Rogue9er

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Venator wrote:
snip"I should add unless that person has the permission of the owner or their agents. So we could good to a gun friendly bar/restaurant where the owner or manager allow that non CPL person to carry openly. That is an idea worth looking into.
We'll have to make a final choice on inclement weather restaurant destination first.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Rogue9er, add me to the Confirmed list. If it's held Sunday, October 12, I should be able to attend.

I will bring the following:

1) Diet Coke& water.

2) Cooler with ice.

3) Burgers & buns.

4) Mustard, ketchup & pickle relish.

5)Grill.

6) Mr & MrsRuger45's Dining Canopy. :)

DanM

imported post

Mark me as a possible, please. As for supplies, I'll help fill in anything not taken or will resupply anything running low, if I'm able to make it.

Rogue9er

Campaign Veteran
imported post

taxwhat wrote:
taxwhat wrote:
If someone hasno objections , may I suggest inviting new SHERIFF and all other want -to-be elected to shindig it is election year !If no one wants from A2 I would Volunteer . If OK ?
WELL?
Hell if I know. I don't think we need to bring politics directly into this, I think even having it in Ann Arbor at all is enough. What do other, better, strategists think?

cmdio

imported post

Rogue9er wrote:
taxwhat wrote:
taxwhat wrote:
If someone hasno objections , may I suggest inviting new SHERIFF and all other want -to-be elected to shindig it is election year !If no one wants from A2 I would Volunteer . If OK ?
WELL?
Hell if I know. I don't think we need to bring politics directly into this, I think even having it in Ann Arbor at all is enough. What do other, better, strategists think?
I agree with Rogue, I really wonder if any elected officials of the People's Republic of Ann Arbor would show up, even if invited. I think giving a heads up via press release to the Michigan Daily and maybe the Ann Arbor News would be a good line to take. That's just my .02

SpringerXDacp

imported post

cmdio wrote:
Rogue9er wrote:
taxwhat wrote:
taxwhat wrote:
WELL?
I agree with Rogue, I really wonder if any elected officials of the People's Republic of Ann Arbor would show up, even if invited. I think giving a heads up via press release to the Michigan Daily and maybe the Ann Arbor News would be a good line to take. That's just my .02
I also agree with Rogue.And, I'm fairly certain thatif the Michigan Daily is notified of the event, others (officials) will hear about it.

WARCHILD

imported post

The issue of media notification is a double edged sword. We want the coverage but we really don't need another "over reaction" to take place either. I would suggest the info to the media be made as an invitation to any law abiding person wishing to attend and discuss the information about the open carry movement in Mich. Not just as a "Hey, we're gonna have a picnic here this time".

so much for my nickel

taxwhat

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
The issue of media notification is a double edged sword. We want the coverage but we really don't need another "over reaction" to take place either. I would suggest the info to the media be made as an invitation to any law abiding person wishing to attend and discuss the information about the open carry movement in Mich. Not just as a "Hey, we're gonna have a picnic here this time".

so much for my nickel
please note police chief A2 is former Oakland command sheriff office and started in inkster .Not a bad guy > Present sheriff lame duck ! New sheriff in DEC-Jan he is not bad guy ! Many other new people will and all ready to be in office to many to list . your party my .o1

WARCHILD

imported post

They may be. I'm not speaking specifically of this event, but of all media notifications. We need to make it a point that it is an invitation to attendthe event and not a "here we are announcement". That's the only point I was making.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

WARCHILD wrote:

so much for my nickel
I'd give you six cents for that nickel anyday Warchild. Perhaps you should ask Warlock to add it to his playbook for organizing get-togethers.

taxwhat

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:

so much for my nickel
I'd give you six cents for that nickel anyday Warchild. Perhaps you should ask Warlock to add it to his playbook for organizing get-togethers.
Please do not confuse media and people that may or may not affect out come by invite . Lets just say my tent is open for your visit not a inspection . Hi and welcome come break bread with us .

SpringerXDacp

imported post

taxwhat wrote:
JeffSayers wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:

so much for my nickel
Please do not confuse media and people that may or may not affect out come by invite . Lets just say my tent is open for your visit not a inspection . Hi and welcome come break bread with us .
I personally, would welcome any Chief, Sheriff, etc. that attended one of our OC events. If, and only if, s/he was attending withsincere interest of obtaining information/personal opinions from members regarding OC and not to be a hall monitor, if you will.

taxwhat

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
taxwhat wrote:
JeffSayers wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:

so much for my nickel
I personally, would welcome any Chief, Sheriff, etc. that attended one of our OC events. If, and only if, s/he was attending withsincere interest of obtaining information/personal opinions from members regarding OC and not to be a hall monitor, if you will.
And that requires a INVITE to break bread ! Now you know that anyone is going to do a recon but what if they like fruit logs ?