• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ann Arbor Get-Together, Official Thread

THway

imported post

so do we have an official date picked yet? i have some very important family issues that must be delt with this sunday (funeral) and would like to know if the date is still in the air.... as next sunday would be better

warlockmatized

imported post

THway wrote:
so do we have an official date picked yet? i have some very important family issues that must be delt with this sunday (funeral) and would like to know if the date is still in the air.... as next sunday would be better
It is posted on the first page. When: October 12, 1:00 PM

SmallWhiteBox

imported post

I will confirm for this event. You can put me down for a bag of charcoal provided we cook outside. I will probably not be carrying unless my CPL shows up before then.

warlockmatized

imported post

SmallWhiteBox wrote:
I will confirm for this event. You can put me down for a bag of charcoal provided we cook outside. I will probably not be carrying unless my CPL shows up before then.
You realize no CPL is necessary to lawfully OC? Not picking or poking, just trying to clarify for you in case you don't know.

SmallWhiteBox

imported post

Yep, completely aware. I'm just cautious by nature and I'd rather not have to worry about any wandering articles of clothing covering it. On a side note, I applied for my CPL July 28th and have not heard anything yet, gotta love Wayne County.

DanM

imported post

SmallWhiteBox wrote:
Yep, completely aware. I'm just cautious by nature and I'd rather not have to worry about any wandering articles of clothing covering it.

It's fine to be cautious.Suggestions to allay your fears areto tuck loose clothing a little bit into your pants where the holster isor safety pin the clothing in a way to prevent concealment. If you want, bring your holster and properly stored handgun with you to the gathering, without OC'ing them.There will be plenty of knowledgeable folks therewho can take a look at your rig andgive youa lot of great suggestions and ideas for anxiety-free OC. You'll also see people OC'ing with loose clothing, so you'll learn a lot just from observation.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

SmallWhiteBox wrote:
Yep, completely aware. I'm just cautious by nature and I'd rather not have to worry about any wandering articles of clothing covering it. On a side note, I applied for my CPL July 28th and have not heard anything yet, gotta love Wayne County.
Bring your rig along and you can decide if you want to OC when you get there. It's liberating.

cmdio

imported post

Venator wrote:
SmallWhiteBox wrote:
Bring your rig along and you can decide if you want to OC when you get there. It's liberating.

This is what I did at the Warren event. I was a little worried, had never OC'd before, and don't have a CPL, but I ended up going back to my car soon after I got there and holstered up. It was nice to be able to do something I've done countless times in the woods of Northen Michigan in an urban setting.

TheSzerdi

imported post

SmallWhiteBox you should ask your county clerk if they've received your prints back from the feds yet, because once they do the clock is ticking on how long they can delay. In any case you should be able to get a temporary permit.

cmdio

imported post

yeah I'm kinda waiting on applying for my CPL because I may be moving out of Wayne county soon and really dont want to wait so long for the permit. Does anyone know if it is possible to temporarily establish residence in another county just long enough to get a CPL (I know this may be borderline illegal), but has anyone done it or heard of it being done? My sister lives in Ingham county and I was thinking about trying to get my permit there.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

cmdio wrote:
yeah I'm kinda waiting on applying for my CPL because I may be moving out of Wayne county soon and really dont want to wait so long for the permit. Does anyone know if it is possible to temporarily establish residence in another county just long enough to get a CPL (I know this may be borderline illegal), but has anyone done it or heard of it being done? My sister lives in Ingham county and I was thinking about trying to get my permit there.

If you have proof of residency (DL) when you apply, I don't see it being an issue.

ETA: When you receive the license and relocate to another county, for example, the CPL is still valid with your old address until you renewand at that time the address is changed.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

If we have a day, time and place, perhaps you can have Springer post it in the "official" events thread and keep him updated on who is coming and what they are bringing.

WARCHILD

imported post

I am in deep S**t! I was making plans for Ann Arbor with my wife and she suddenly got that "you're in trouble look". Married men know "the look" I'm talking about. Well, apparently she HAD a surprise birthdayparty planned for me, you guessed it, SUNDAY! Since by birthday is on Thurs. she planned it for Sun. I guess there are about 20 or so people supposed to attend. Then when she made the "you do what you want" comment, I knew whatHAD to be done. So, sorry once again but I won't be able to make Ann Arbor.:uhoh:I hope you all understand the position I'm in. After all, I do have to live here! Maybe next time. (nogurantees).

Shiawassee Mike

Founder's Club Member
imported post

"Yep, completely aware. I'm just cautious by nature and I'd rather not have to worry about any wandering articles of clothing covering it. On a side note, I applied for my CPL July 28th and have not heard anything yet, gotta love Wayne County."

One of the reasons for my move from Wayne to Shiawassee county. I brought the paperwork in on Monday and by next Wednesday I had the permit!

Other reason, the property taxes in Wayne are ridiculous....

Mike