• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another College Shooting

crazydude6030

Re: Shooting in a defense free zone, Houston style

That may be determined to be the case; nevertheless, it is still a failure of "Gun Free Zones" laws to protect anyone.

Well if two people had guns... Maybe they missed the memo?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

zack991

I hope what does come out that a CCW holder defended himself, if that is the case the media will bury this story.

linerider69

IMO Gun Free Zones on public property are unconstitutional. If one was actually acting in self defense it does not make them an idiot. Being called a idiot is better than being a defenseless victim though.

Sorry this is the quote my bad not directed at you i concede.

Last edited:

crazydude6030

It appears there are more than one shooter. How is legal campus carry working for them (Texas Colleges are not gun-free zones, from what I understand)?--we'll see.

I'm curious how someone reconciles blaming medication, while denying that firearms has something to do with it.

Help me understand you angle on these things. In drunk driving what is to blame, alcohol, the car, or the driver?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

nonameisgood

The saddest part is that they hit other people, instead if each other. Obviously, these are foreigners (non-Texans), because any self-respecting Texan would be able to hit his/her target at least once.

News flash: handguns used in 100 crimes today. In other news, no rifles were used to shoot anyone today.

nonameisgood

While the comment was intended to be a glib commentary about the proposed rifle restrictions, in the spirit of the site...
http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/guns.cfm

Quoting:
--
According to the National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS) in 2008, 303,880 victims of violent crimes stated that they faced an offender with a firearm.

Incidents involving a firearm represented 7% of the 5.1 million violent crimes of rape and sexual assault, robbery, and aggravated and simple assault in 2008.
--
Which says that firearms were used by criminals closer to 800 times a day. And the numbers of murders involving rifles (from memory because I'm having trouble recalling where I saw those stats), in 2011, was fewer than 100.