• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another no-knock warrant served....

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
This comes from a false sense of security, and the "somebody else" syndrome. It is not until they are victims that it hits home.

+1 I bet the Mayor in Maryland who was falsely raided had support for police actions until it happened to him.

Oh yeah. Go back and read some of the comments on that recent article.

I promise you that 99% of those apologetical posters would be singing a different tune were they victims of the same injustice they defend.

Last edited:

OC for ME

How many civil rights/constitutional rights violations suit have been filed in MA post Boston's "Constitution Suspension" event?

I suspect that a great many folks are not all that concerned with the "big picture" as long as they get a seemingly heart felt "We're sorry" and a check to fix their front door, or trampled flowers.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I suspect that a great many folks are not all that concerned with the "big picture" as long as they get a seemingly heart felt "We're sorry" and a check to fix their front door, or trampled flowers.

I'm fairly certain a check can do little to return a dead family pet, or to soothe traumatized children.

Then again, there were parents who thought it was "cool" to have a cop throw a flashbang in their kids' classroom (for demonstration purposes, or something).

Last edited:

OC for ME

I'm fairly certain a check can do little to return a dead family pet, or to soothe traumatized children.

<snip>
True. Then again, I'm referring to the mindset of the violated citizen and not the acts of the cops. Far too many times the violated citizen "understands" that the cops have a tough job to do. I suspect this mindset is at the root of the lack of outrage by those citizens in Boston who were violently assaulted, unlawfully, by LE.

HPmatt

Deputy killed in Texas serving No Knock Warrant; Grand Jury no bills defendant

Deputy in county south of Dallas/Ft Worth wasn't so lucky with his no knock warrant.

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/...Deputy-No-Billed-by-Grand-Jury-243993261.html

http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/article_bad8779e-2f99-5ecf-bcb9-9f337c936b28.html

Have mixed feelings on this one - homeowner was a dirtbag growing marijuana at home (of course if this was CO or WA….he would be an upstanding citizen) but deputy specifically stated reasons he wanted a no-knock warrant - drugs and maybe guns in the house. Saw one article where it said defendant legally owned his guns.

Noticed also after the good citizens of Burleson county refused to indict the guy for shooting the deputy, I suppose for 4A, the DA said she'd try it again when she got a new Grand Jury. Keep trying to chip away at the Bill of Rights. She said they will continue to use no-knock warrants - wonder how many cops will sign up for those now.

In North Texas Dick Deguerin is THE defense attorney you want when trying to defend yourself against the Government.

OC for ME

Unfortunate. Also, unfortunately, LE has not the capacity to understand that not all situations are a nail requiring a really big hammer. That cop is dead because LE will not entertain alternatives.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Have mixed feelings on this one - homeowner was a dirtbag growing marijuana at home (of course if this was CO or WA….he would be an upstanding citizen)

Either an action is moral, or it is immoral. Either a law is immoral, or immoral.

Therefore, it's quite impossible for the same action to render a person an "upstanding citizen" under one set of laws, but a "dirt bag" under the other.

The worship of law does itself its own disservice by expecting you to jump through such mental hoops of inconsistency on its behalf.

DrakeZ07

Hmmm -

Nahum 1:1 - The burden of Nineveh. The book of the vision of Nahum the Elkoshite.

Nahum 1:2 - God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.

Thankfully we live in a nation, where such mythos and their tribal writings have no basis, or standing, in a court of law.

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

Thankfully we live in a nation, where such mythos and their tribal writings have no basis, or standing, in a court of law.

Well, that's true. [/sarcasm] :rolleyes: Not that it's even relevant to what I believe Nightmare was saying. I think you just saw an opportunity to criticize religion and pounced.

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

Well, that's true. [/sarcasm] :rolleyes: Not that it's even relevant to what I believe Nightmare was saying. I think you just saw an opportunity to criticize religion and pounced.

I saw someone post a quote of a religious scripture, in regards to a prosecutor being vengeful; which mentioned the tiresome 'vengeance is mine' that is common to at least four different religions/spiritualitys', and made an appropriate comment. If you want to take it as me pouncing on any and all chances to criticize religion, then go ahead, more power to you. You'll just forgive me if I laugh at you from behind my third PC monitor.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

Thought he saw an opportunity. Just ended up making himself look uninformed.

For example, the history of the Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination is inextricably bound with Christianity. It was almost exclusively religious men and women who obtained it for us. While historians have not traced a directly link to ancient Jewish law, it is known that ancient Jewish law contained even more stringent restrictions on government regarding self-incrimination: in short, the accused didn't have to invoke the right because nothing the accused said could be used against him.

OC for ME

I saw someone post a quote of a religious scripture, in regards to a prosecutor being vengeful; which mentioned the tiresome 'vengeance is mine' that is common to at least four different religions/spiritualitys', and made an appropriate comment. If you want to take it as me pouncing on any and all chances to criticize religion, then go ahead, more power to you. You'll just forgive me if I laugh at you from behind my third PC monitor.
Only a liberal considers their insult of Christianity, and Christians, as appropriate. Liberals have a genetic predisposition to insult Christianity, and Christians, they cannot help themselves.

HPmatt

The 'Ignore list' feature works very well for posters who, after you read their posts and months in you notice there is absolutely no value in what they have to say - in fact quite the opposite - reading their posts waste productive time of your life - you just click on the 'ignore poster' button.