• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another no-knock warrant served....

sudden valley gunner

? You realize plain clothes guys still wear vests that identify them as police right? And badges and radios etc. Plain clothes just means not in uniform.

Can you ask question then? You asked why are they " invading" I answered. To serve the warrant.

How much clearer can I get?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

"Obtuse" is probably the most honest of your acts.

+1 I asked why they were wearing plain clothes to invade.

Now he ads the information about vests and badges and etc......still very very very stupid.

Primus

+1 I asked why they were wearing plain clothes to invade.

Now he ads the information about vests and badges and etc......still very very very stupid.

Wait.... you really thought they just go in with t shirts and shorts and NO identifying marks? Cmon I know for a fact your smarter then that and know better so why the act.

I expect this from Fuller not you.

WalkingWolf

So they claim! Since I would find invading someones castle utterly disgusting I''ll stick to sex.

Still doesn't answer the question.

Let me clear something up for you, some guys in plain cloths go barging through my door bullets will fly, hopefully the invaders are the injured party. It's a very very very stupid idea to serve warrants by invasion, and even stupider to do it in plain clothes.

I was holding my tongue for how absurd his contention was, I just couldn't believe any department even his if he has one, would be so utterly stupid. NOWWWWW he claims they were wearing vests which is part of a uniform to convey they are LEOs. Unless he comes back and claims the vests are not marked.

Freedom1Man

? You realize plain clothes guys still wear vests that identify them as police right? And badges and radios etc. Plain clothes just means not in uniform.

Can you ask question then? You asked why are they " invading" I answered. To serve the warrant.

Or you can buy the T-shirts http://www.amazon.com/Rothco-Police-Official-Double-T-Shirt/dp/B000JI4PMW/ref=pd_sim_a_1
I can buy clothing that says "police" on it. It does not make me the police and it does not grants me special authority or powers.

sudden valley gunner

I was holding my tongue for how absurd his contention was, I just couldn't believe any department even his if he has one, would be so utterly stupid. NOWWWWW he claims they were wearing vests which is part of a uniform to convey they are LEOs. Unless he comes back and claims the vests are not marked.

I found it extremely absurd too, yet now the story changed.

Still yet putting on a vest and wearing a badge is supposed to make a difference to having someone bash in your door to serve a warrant....of course doing it that way beats the adrenaline rush of handing papers to them in the safety of broad daylight courteously.

Primus

Alright hold on.... there seems to be some confusion about this.

Honestly I never specified about exactly what they wear because with so many experts on police I figured it would be common knowledge. So many guys put forth "facts" about what police do and don't do and how they are trained I assumed that what they wear would be common knowledge. That is my mistake for assuming.

To clarify... we have several "plain clothes" units. Gang unit, Narcotics, major crimes, etc. I'll stick with Narcotics since that's what were talking about.

Narcotics guys wear ain clothes. Jeans hoodies, regular street clothes. They also drive unmarked cars. This is done so they can conduct surveillance on people easier. But they still wear some identifying marker. For example a lot of guys will wear a black vest over a hoodie. That vest will be body armor but hold their radio etc. They also still carry a gun and a taser but no duty belt.

Now say they get a warrant for a house. Their uniform is exactly that... jeans and a hoodie (or whatever they choose). They don't have some magic ninja suit to wear. They will use the same clothes they were just surveiling the place with. With the same badge around their neck or same vest that may say police or something.

Google narcotics guys or something in sure there's a billion photos of dudes in sweatshirts and a badge around their neck.

In fact... there is a video on here somewhere where of an arrest. The guy was videotaping a traffic stop and gets pulled up on my two detectives in plain clothes. Gets told to leave gets arrested.

Fuller Malarkey

Probably more lies. Primus plays the authority card by referencing a mythical city that lives in a utopia like police state without naming the city.

Keep in mind, this is the same poster that sees pictures of ninja clad mercenaries invading homes of citizens and sees heroes. Just to help maintain the perspective.

That may be a bit wordy for you Primus. It means what you posted may be all lies and fantasy. Nothing supports any of it. There's enough probability to your stories to consider them probable, yet nothing to demonstrate their validity. Whoops. Probably went over your head again there. A big problem here is the height of your comprehension is considerably lower than I can "dumb down" to. :lol:

Last edited:

Primus

Probably more lies. Primus plays the authority card by referencing a mythical city that lives in a utopia like police state without naming the city.

Keep in mind, this is the same poster that sees pictures of ninja clad mercenaries invading homes of citizens and sees heroes. Just to help maintain the perspective.

That may be a bit wordy for you Primus. It means what you posted may be all lies and fantasy. Nothing supports any of it. There's enough probability to your stories to consider them probable, yet nothing to demonstrate their validity. Whoops. Probably went over your head again there. A big problem here is the height l of your comprehension is considerably lower than I can "dumb down" to. :lol:

Fuller that explanation wasn't for you. It was for the adults in the thread that were either asking questions or making comments about this.

Fuller Malarkey

Alright hold on.... there seems to be some confusion about this.

Honestly I never specified about exactly what they wear because with so many experts on police I figured it would be common knowledge. SNIPPED

1. I see you used the word "honest" like it was a time out signal, that you need to clarify that "NOW", you are telling the truth. Does that indicate all prior was dishonesty?

2. As far as "common knowledge", there couldn't possibly be more than speculation, as no city has been named so confirmation of your claims can be made.

As far as I'm concerned, nothing you reference from this mythical police department is valid until it is vetted. Put up or shut up. It's to easy to say "nu-uh" and throw up some nonsense from a "Call of Duty" situation and claim it common practice in Police State Utopia.

Last edited:

Fuller Malarkey

Fuller that explanation wasn't for you. It was for the adults in the thread that were either asking questions or making comments about this.

Remember, YOU are the one who declared there is no protocol here to follow. That makes everything you post fair game.

You made your bed, so quit whining.

Primus

1. I see you used the word "honest" like it was a time out signal, that you need to clarify that "NOW", you are telling the truth. Does that indicate all prior was dishonesty?

2. As far as "common knowledge", there couldn't possibly be more than speculation, as no city has been named so confirmation of your claims can be made.

As far as I'm concerned, nothing you reference from this mythical police department is valid until it is vetted. Put up or shut up. It's to easy to say "nu-uh" and throw up some nonsense from a "Call of Duty" situation and claim it common practice in Police State Utopia.

Actually that was a reference to common practice for most large cities. I'm not saying ALL. But I'd bet dollars to donuts (for you brother) that any city that runs a gang unit or narcotics does it similar to his I stated.

There's a VIDEO of it on this very forum.

I get it... this comes the point where one of your lies or myths (that its always masked ninjas that serve warrants) is false. So now comes the tantrum the kicking and screaming and lashing and bashing and whatever you can do.

Also, this is the point where I tell you to kick rocks and I move on from wasting my time/energy on speaking with you.

Fuller Malarkey

Actually that was a reference to common practice for most large cities. I'm not saying ALL. But I'd bet dollars to donuts (for you brother) that any city that runs a gang unit or narcotics does it similar to his I stated.

Your "reference", without citation and evidence of practice is meaningless. The majority of the country lies outside of your mythical zip code, and little of that is "major city".

Snipped

My response above is bolded.

I consider you as much my "brother" as much as you consider yourself a "pig".

stealthyeliminator

Ok... I think this conversation is losing it's bearing. It's really simple. "Plain clothes" officers, who usually don't wear a distinctive uniform, sometimes perform or participate in "raids" (invasions, no-knock warrant serving, what-have-you). Sometimes (perhaps even "usually") they'll put on a vest with some sort of police designator on it and have a visible badge on their belt, or around their neck, or whatever. That much isn't hard to figure out, what any number of "Cops" type shows and you'll see plenty of "plain clothes" officers put on vests and wear their badges visibly before doing X task, like serve a warrant or participate in a raid. Now, the contention is that this is a very stupid thing to do - to participate in a raid/invasion/serving of a no-knock warrant without extremely distinctive identifying features such as a full uniform and badge presented in a conspicuous, common place, etc. The contention is that to "rush in" on someone in an attire that doesn't immediately, confidently and unmistakably identify you as a police officer is stupid. I would have to agree that it would be much safer for the officers to avoid "surprising" people in attire which could potentially not immediately identify them as an officer. Wouldn't you agree, Primus? Wouldn't more distinctive, clear, and easily/immediately recognizable identification be safer (and, perhaps, therefore wiser)?

Primus

Ok... I think this conversation is losing it's bearing. It's really simple. "Plain clothes" officers, who usually don't wear a distinctive uniform, sometimes perform or participate in "raids" (invasions, no-knock warrant serving, what-have-you). Sometimes (perhaps even "usually") they'll put on a vest with some sort of police designator on it and have a visible badge on their belt, or around their neck, or whatever. That much isn't hard to figure out, what any number of "Cops" type shows and you'll see plenty of "plain clothes" officers put on vests and wear their badges visibly before doing X task, like serve a warrant or participate in a raid. Now, the contention is that this is a very stupid thing to do - to participate in a raid/invasion/serving of a no-knock warrant without extremely distinctive identifying features such as a full uniform and badge presented in a conspicuous, common place, etc. The contention is that to "rush in" on someone in an attire that doesn't immediately, confidently and unmistakably identify you as a police officer is stupid. I would have to agree that it would be much safer for the officers to avoid "surprising" people in attire which could potentially not immediately identify them as an officer. Wouldn't you agree, Primus? Wouldn't more distinctive, clear, and easily/immediately recognizable identification be safer (and, perhaps, therefore wiser)?

I don't know. I don't think it would matter and here's why.

I recall a recent post about how an officer was shot during a warrant in MA. That officer was shot THROUGH the door. It wouldn't have mattered what he wore.

Look at the other case posted where the guy shot the officer with a rifle . I recall that may have also been through the door as well. I nay be wrong to that bit of that case so don't scream if I am.

I would submit that during the warrant the guys going through the door either after a knock or no knock it'd be tough to say "if he wore a bright yellow shirt they wouldn't get shot".

I agree of face value it sounds stupid. But having been on them it happens so fast and we make sure you know we are police.

Think about this.... I don't want to me mistaken for a thing and killed either. Its in my interest to make sure you know I'm police so don't shoot.

This is one of the biggest misconceptions I see and hear going around. This "ninja" theory. Not attributing that to you just in general.

Fuller Malarkey

Botched Paramilitary Police Raids

An Epidemic of "Isolated Incidents"

http://www.cato.org/raidmap

Overkill: The Rise of Paramilitary Police Raids in America

Here's some examples of botched, ridiculous behavior by supposedly adults.

http://www.businessinsider.com/9-horrifying-botched-police-raids-2012-2?op=1

And ya know what? This is all more red herring. It matters little WHAT invaders are wearing if the occupants of the home are hit with a stun grenade prior to the violation of their space [or what a thug would label a "dynamic entry"].

Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4VJaNVHa88

Pay attention at the 55 second mark and see if you clearly understand what is verbalized by the invading force....or if they are identifiable. Then add the element of darkness and that you have just been startled awake. Oh. And experiencing the intended affects of a flash bang grenade.

From Wikipedia:

"A stun grenade, also known as a flash grenade or flashbang, is a non-lethal explosive device used to temporarily disorient an enemy's senses. It is designed to produce a blinding flash of light and loud noise without causing permanent injury. It was first developed by the British Army's SAS in the 1960s.

The flash produced momentarily activates all photoreceptor cells in the eye, making vision impossible for approximately five seconds, until the eye restores itself to its normal, unstimulated state. The loud blast is meant to cause temporary loss of hearing, and also disturbs the fluid in the ear, causing loss of balance.

The red herring Primus is dragging is the unsubstantiated tales of clothing regulations. The truth is, once you are hit with a Flash Bang, you can't see, hear, are disorientated, experiencing loss of balance AND expected to comprehend a garbled announcement that sounds more like Sgt. Fury on meth. It wouldn't matter if they were dressed as the Snow White's dwarfs. All you'd know is something is coming in, and their intent can't be good.

Last edited: