• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another OC get together?

ainfantry7

imported post

I'd like to join in whenever I can...I have to leave the state a lot though...not my choice. Just send me a message...

ainfantry7

imported post

Soounds good as long as my flight doesn't get delayed in Vegas again...wouldn't mind that too much. What is the TBA? Some kind of theatre?

spyderdude

imported post

So Murphy, have you decided on a place to meet up at? Or am I going to have to pick the place again? LOL

I wonder where Rabid and Flintlock are.

akhunter3

imported post

I haven't seen either on here in awhile. I haven't seen Flintlock on the other forum I frequent for some time, either.

As for the get-together. Let's get everything stapled down, because this is only a week away AND the night before the Wasilla High gun show!:D Anyone going to that??

Jon

ainfantry7

imported post

Ok, I'll be there...I might be a little late though...My bronco is broken down right now...I'd have to borrow someones truck to make it there.

Jess

(540) 521-8603

JBinMontana

imported post

Well I would love to meet all of you up there, but my wife and I have not relocated to Alaska YET. The first place we want to check out is Juneau, then Achorage. I like inland and my wife likes the ocean... like Hawaii :banghead:

But when we do relocate I will be a regular at the meetings. :celebrate

spyderdude

imported post

Hey man it's all good!

Anchorage is not too far from the ocean, so if your wife likes the ocean, it's maybe a 5-10 miles drive to get to it. I don't recommend swimming in it, but the view during the summer is spectacular around midnight. Most of the Alaska members of this forum live in Anchorage.

JBinMontana

imported post

spyderdude wrote:
Hey man it's all good!

Anchorage is not too far from the ocean, so if your wife likes the ocean, it's maybe a 5-10 miles drive to get to it. I don't recommend swimming in it, but the view during the summer is spectacular around midnight. Most of the Alaska members of this forum live in Anchorage.

Yep I noticed that, and like you said... "It's All Good"

Seeing where Juneau is on the state map puts things in more prospective to everything. I got a friend of mine who lives in Seward, which is not to far from Anchorage. A good long visit will give me a much better idea of what we will do.

Alot of people from my area I understand have moved to Anchorage area, and or Fairbanks.

akhunter3

imported post

You might want to check out the Kenai Peninsula. Ocean (and real beaches) and yet your very close to some great hunting/recreation land as well as some of the best fishing around. Best place in the state, IMO.

So who all's showing on Fri?

Jon