• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti-gun public meeting @ Westfield HS Lecture Hall (28 FEB 7 PM); empty holsters + ammo, anyone?

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I understand Bohdi. Thank you for the warm welcome. I am new here. I have been a long time NRA member anda supporter of VCDL;But when I decided to go to the General Assembly on the Martin Luther King Day my eyes were opened.

I know about the nakedshoplifter. What he did was so simple, but so freaking brilliant at the same time.

If this isn't going to be a big deal I won't show.

bohdi

imported post

Oh I'm not discounting it being a show T Dubya, lol. I'm sure it will be a show, bring some popcorn :D These things are always worth going to. Gives you some more perspective on what they say. The 21st was tame :D

Neplusultra

imported post

T Dubya wrote:
"Always take the offensive...Never Dig in."

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

- General George Patton Jr

"The best defense is a good offense"

-John Wilkes Booth

Not that I subscribe to his political views but he did say this and I thought it true. If the enemy comes after you, go after him!

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

T Dubya wrote:
...I have been a long time NRA member anda supporter of VCDL;But when I decided to go to the General Assembly on the Martin Luther King Day my eyes were opened...
What happened on MLK day?

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

BB62 wrote:
T Dubya wrote:
...I have been a long time NRA member anda supporter of VCDL;But when I decided to go to the General Assembly on the Martin Luther King Day my eyes were opened...
What happened on MLK day?

I pick a spot next to the tower out on the grounds before a lot of other people. I had my freedom is not a loophole piece of paper. I planted my feet like tree roots.

I had this guy come to the side of me and start squeezing in to get by me, well I didn't budge. He asked me what I was poking him with. I said "Poking you? I think you're trying to come over here to date me or something. I'm about to put you on my lap and give you a big kiss the way you are rubbing up on me." He was rubbing up against my holster.

He looks at me sign and says real nasty like "NICE!" I said "Maybe it's just the Libertarian in me bro, but I don't believe government regulation is the answer". Some lady came over and started saying stuff to me and I couldn't hear her. I told her I was hard of hearing and honestly could not hear her.

At this point a few college age kids put their banner sign right in front of me and a big gal came and "backed it up" on me if you will. I then had some phony reverend come over and put his hands on me and tell me to leave. Then that Million Mom March lady came over and screamed at me and told me I wasn't supposed to be there. Then she got the Capitol Police and tried to have me removed. Luckily a VCDL member who I have never laid eyes on my entire life came over to my defense and said he saw the whole thing and I wasn't bothering anyone.

The problem was I was bigger and taller thanall ofthem. Towards the end of the lie-in and their demonstrationI started talking with a couple of college age kids on the other side and I thought they were really nice and well-mannered. I was making jokes and they were laughing. While we were making nice and having pleasantries, one of the ring leaders of the Million Mom March grabs one of the young ladies and screams "You don't need to be talking to them".

Seeing how mean and vindictive the anti-gunners are that day changed me from being a supporter to an activist.

bohdi

imported post

T Dubya wrote:
Towards the end of the lie-in and their demonstrationI started talking with a couple of college age kids on the other side and I thought they were really nice and well-mannered. I was making jokes and they were laughing. While we were making nice and having pleasantries, one of the ring leaders of the Million Mom March grabs one of the young ladies and screams "You don't need to be talking to them".

Seeing how mean and vindictive the anti-gunners are that day changed me from being a supporter to an activist.

So your probably the cause of the source of the laughter in the video I shot where the woman was singing a horrendous rendition of "We shall overcome" and got offended when laughter from somewhere errupted out of the crowd. She's the voice you hear saying "How dare you! How dare you!" Someone else politely informed the indignant lady that the laughter wasn't directed at her.

You had quite the experience sir. I applaud your resolve, patience, and ability to remain calm in a stressful situation. Of course, your a law abiding gun owner, so I shouldn't be surprised :D

Horrid Mischief

imported post

I was there also, and frankly the laughter was directed at her. Her singing was awfull! :p

I would like to attend the meeting as well. (I was at the Centreville Library meeting so I have not had the pleasure of actully hearingMr. Rickover speak!)

stryth

imported post

T Dubya wrote:
While we were making nice and having pleasantries, one of the ring leaders of the Million Mom March grabs one of the young ladies and screams "You don't need to be talking to them".

Though not my first event I have to say that I was also made an activist by the actions, behavior, and outright lies of the anti crowd.

I'm just as happy not debating the PEG/Brady/MMM type crowd because they are by and large nasty. That being said, I'm sure there's going to be vague comments and great amounts of misinformation spread. Perhaps we could have flyers that rebut the kinds of "facts" they're likely to spew? Does anyone know of a pamphlet to that effect? If not, perhaps we could see if we have time to make one before the meeting?

Edit: spelling.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I did this one before the second of the two last year.

ETA: I would change/update/modify if someone will have input; I don't have time for research this week or next.

Attachments

• MMM Stuff for pdf.pdf
    83 KB · Views: 215

stryth

imported post

Tess wrote:
I did this one before the second of the two last year.

ETA: I would change/update/modify if someone will have input; I don't have time for research this week or next.
That was easy- thanks Tess!

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bohdi wrote:

So your probably the cause of the source of the laughter in the video I shot where the woman was singing a horrendous rendition of "We shall overcome"

I don't know if I was the source of all the laughter, but I was responsible for some. I requested the singers to sing a Molly Hatchet tune. Those of you in NOVA might not be hip to Molly Hatchet, but for my money it just doesn't get any better than "Dreams I'll Never See". Some of you purest might point out that The Allman Brothers Band did the original version, but the Molly Hatchet version rocks just a little bit harder!:celebrate

I wanted to make light of the fact that they were using a song from the Black Civil Rights Era to try to advance their own agenda to trample on our civil rights.

Sleepless

imported post

Hey, talking about filming people at the meeting, I just checked out the Senate Committee for Courts of Justice Criminal Sub-Committee and they are on Tuesday discussing a bill with thecode H.B 995, Bell seems to be the Patron and the name of the bill is Unlawful filming of another; penalty increased to Class 6 felony.

The information text for the bill is:

Penalty for unlawful filming of another. Provides that a third offense of the unlawful filming of another, currently a Class 1 misdemeanor offense no matter how many times committed, is a Class 6 felony.

Does this relate in any way to people filming the members of the Anti-gun "movement" when they are having their "discussions"??

Just thoughtI should check so nobody here gets in trouble in the future.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sleepless wrote:
Hey, talking about filming people at the meeting, I just checked out the Senate Committee for Courts of Justice Criminal Sub-Committee and they are on Tuesday discussing a bill with thecode H.B 995, Bell seems to be the Patron and the name of the bill is Unlawful filming of another; penalty increased to Class 6 felony.

The information text for the bill is:

Penalty for unlawful filming of another. Provides that a third offense of the unlawful filming of another, currently a Class 1 misdemeanor offense no matter how many times committed, is a Class 6 felony.

Does this relate in any way to people filming the members of the Anti-gun "movement" when they are having their "discussions"??

Just thoughtI should check so nobody here gets in trouble in the future.
See: http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-386.1

Won't apply to the meeting...

Sleepless

imported post

Oh ok so it is a peeping tom bill or high tech peeping tom bill. :p

I really should read more law I think but not tonight because it is 3:15 AM and I should be in bed but I do my nickname proud though. :cool:

mkl

imported post

It would apply if they held the meetings in their "undergarments". Maybe that is the new plan, all "undergarment" meetings so no one can record them.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

mkl wrote:
It would apply if they held the meetings in their "undergarments". Maybe that is the new plan, all "undergarment" meetings so no one can record them.That's not

That's not a real pleasant thought considering most (not all) MMM's I've seen.