• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ANTIOCH CA MEETUP SATURDAY MAY 1ST 2010 10:00am

Gundude

imported post

1opencarrier wrote:
we've got it down trust me were good
When someone I don't know says "trust me" I bolt for the nearest exit. Trust is something that is built up over time. In the meantime, I'll just watch.

1opencarrier

imported post

So I didn't see any of you fellows at the capital opposing the AB1934 bill that your san diego assemblywoman drafted. We are planning a press conference up here in the bay area. Is there anyone from sandiego area that is interested in participating

Hawaii FiveO

imported post

Gundude wrote:
1opencarrier wrote:
When someone I don't know says "trust me" I bolt for the nearest exit. Trust is something that is built up over time. In the meantime, I'll just watch.

Ah, like me. Trust but verify.

Didn't some President say that? Oh yeah, good ole Ronnie.

Gundude

imported post

Hawaii FiveO wrote:
Gundude wrote:
1opencarrier wrote:

Ah, like me. Trust but verify.

Didn't some President say that? Oh yeah, good ole Ronnie.
Good, being a relative term. Didn't he sign the Mulford act into law.

1opencarrier

imported post

Hey you are absolutely right trust is earned. Please inquire about my works that alone should have earned some respect and trust. I do understand where you all are coming from I would do the same, and yes that was our beloved president Reagan. He is missed.

coolusername2007

imported post

1opencarrier wrote:
Its not that we cannot be friendly and build up trust and friendships in the UOC movement, but when attending any UOC event trust no-one with regards to the legality of the zone. Do your own research and verify for yourself. "Trust me, we're good" comments don't bail you out of jail, pay your legal defense fees, and keep your gun rights for the next 10 years.

Deathwing_Kingstar

imported post

based on my aerial view posted on page one of this thread, the school zone highlighted to the right of the picture which is RAAMP CHARTER SCHOOL (K-6) is about 800 feet away if you draw a straight line from starbucks to RAAMP.

jsebclark

imported post

Deathwing_Kingstar wrote:
based on my aerial view posted on page one of this thread, the school zone highlighted to the right of the picture which is RAAMP CHARTER SCHOOL (K-6) is about 800 feet away if you draw a straight line from Starbucks to RAAMP.

Thank you for this information.

A couple of points to consider:

1) Like everyone else said, you are responsible for your own research of school zones. I have been meeting with the group that meets at this Starbucks since Jan. 2010. I did my own research and concluded it was close, but not too close.

2) You are correct that the RAAMP Charter school is listed. When I did my research in Jan. 2010 it was not listed in any of the databases that were current at that time.

3) Check out their website at http://www.raamp.com/faq. Here we read that the school isn't even functioning, meaning providing instruction, until August 24, 2010. So, IMO, it doesn't not constitute as a facility that would require a 1000' GFSZ. This would mean that we need to find another place to meet up before August 24, 2010. Maybe by then we will have some incorporation freedoms to be excited about by then. Ok, in an effort to be fair, it looks like they had a typo on the website. I'm trying to verify if they are actually operating. Until someone can verify this, I would stay clear of this site.

Final note,I appreciate everyone chiming in things like this, but it never fails to amaze me how superficial most people are when it comes to relating information. If you don't think it is a good spot then don't UOC. It is as simple as that. No one is forcing you. In fact I went to the Martinez meet up this last weekend with my wife and 3 year-old and I thought that location was pushing it. In fact I didn't even go to Starbucks because I felt that it was too close for comfort for me. You do the research, you decide.

1opencarrier

imported post

We verified the distance between the Charter school and Starbucks it is approx 1020 ft away. We met successfully without incident or police presenceor anyE-Checks. Again we respectfully and have established a relationship with local LEO"S. So all this fear mongering going onis unnecessary. Maps are sometimes inaccurate. as they were in this case.

Deathwing_Kingstar

imported post

Hey that's good news that everything went without issues. Hey 1opencarrier good job on that meet, i was just questioning you because i felt different, however, that's how we learn, from questioning.

Mike Hawk

imported post

From their website:
At R.A A.M.P Charter Academy the academic year is 186 days long. Students will report to school the first week of August 2009 for orientation. The first day of instruction is August 24, 2010, and the last day is June 11, 2010. During the summer months parents and students can also visit the school site on specific days to be announced later to receive transitional academic and social guidance for following academic year

The 8-24-10 start dateis obviously a typo. Otherwise how could 6-11-10 be the last day? And why would they have orientation 10 freakin months before school starts? And while you're on that site, click on "Academic Calendar"

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Mike Hunt wrote:
From their website:
At R.A A.M.P Charter Academy the academic year is 186 days long. Students will report to school the first week of August 2009 for orientation. The first day of instruction is August 24, 2010, and the last day is June 11, 2010. During the summer months parents and students can also visit the school site on specific days to be announced later to receive transitional academic and social guidance for following academic year

The 8-24-10 start dateis obviously a typo. Otherwise how could 6-11-10 be the last day? And why would they have orientation 10 freakin months before school starts? And while you're on that site, click on "Academic Calendar"
That's hilarious. Hopefully you were on private property and the prosecutors in the east bay didn't fail basic reading comprehension like the poor saps in Alhambra. What was that quote from earlier? "trust me"

1opencarrier

imported post

Heybigtoe

First who are you, don't know you, second if you would have scrolled up you would have read and seen the research that was already done. So whats hilarious and yes trust me. Who are you and what have you done for the movement other than make sarcastic posts like you discovered something new. How many letters have you written to legislators and Senators. Have you organized any meetups passed out any fliers. I have done all of that. I'm Gus by the way who are you big toe.

1opencarrier

imported post

Pinch we are to honor the 1000 ft rule 24/7 as we don't know when events might be going on. Good question. Anybody else wish to elaborate