• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AppleBees Gun Policy - No OC

sudden valley gunner

I went to lunch with the woman, again after this thread and as usual no comments friendly staff, (not necessarily great food in my opinion) but the better half likes the salad. I will continue to go until asked not too. I have also OC'd at Costco now a total of 4 times, and no comments there either.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Any further communication from Apple American? I just Googled and found that the Boise area ones are Apple American owned as well.

The Washington, Oregon, Idaho restaurants are all Apple American owned. I got their contact info today and sent them a email. I got conformation that they received it and now we play the waiting game again....

Bill Starks

State Researcher
And the word from Apple American .......

Dave Mitzel dmitzel@appleamerican.com
reply-to Dave Mitzel <dmitzel@appleamerican.com>
to "m1gunr@gmail.com" <m1gunr@gmail.com>
date Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 11:55 AM
subject Weapons on Applebees premises

Dear Mr. Starks, just received your email on concerns you have about carrying weapons in our stores. You are more than welcome to carry a weapon if you have a license to do so in our stores. All we ask is that the weapon stays hidden from view of other guests in the restaurant. It is apparent that this was not the case if the manager approached you during your recent visit at the Bonney Lake location concerning your weapon. Many guests do not feel comfortable dining in our stores while observing another guest wearing a weapon near them. We respect your right to have a weapon, but along with that we also request it to be completely hidden from view of other guests, employees, and managers of the restaurant. If you have any questions concerning this issue please feel free to contact me at 253-677-6230.

Thank you,

Dave Mitzel
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Bill Starks

State Researcher
and another reply to the same email I sent Rick......

Dave Mitzel dmitzel@appleamerican.com
reply-to Dave Mitzel <dmitzel@appleamerican.com>
to Bill Starks <m1gunr@gmail.com>
date Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 1:02 PM
subject Re: Weapons on Applebees premises

Mr Starks, I am a member of the NRA and am a very strong supporter of guns and the rights of people to carry them. Both my father and father-in-law are members and have concealed weapons licenses. Both my wife and I are actually applying to get a license as we speak. We just have a different view on this than you do. I respect your view and I support most of your argument. But, being in the restaurant business for twenty years it is my experience that in the few times that I have actually witnessed this situation it has caused an extreme concern from other guests and has made not just guests but also employees feel very uneasy. That is what I have experienced. A screaming child or an extremely loud table in the dining room will happen on occasion in our establishments and we understand that, but a weapon on a guest in full view of other guests and employees is seen in a completely different manner from the majority of our patrons.

I do appreciate your input and I really do understand your viewpoint on this manner. I hope you understand mine.

Thank you for your time and your concern with this matter.

Sincerely,

Dave Mitzel

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Sparky508

I can’t count how many times a loud table or screaming child has made me uncomfortable during a meal at a restaurant, and I can’t think of once where a holstered pistol made me lose my appetite.

badkarma

I'm just wondering.
Why are we even wasting our time with them? I have written them off as a place I will NEVER go to again. If we really want to hurt them then make a sign and picket their business. "Applebees refuses to support our Bill of Rights! Applebees is racist! Applebees discriminates against our rights!"
Then hand out 2A cards and flyer to anyone who asks why we are doing it.
They will only listen if it gives them bad publicity and affects their bottom line.

Thor80

So is the Email response from Apple American an "official" policy? I did not see any reference to their policies or documentation in the replies.... I have carried at the Spokane Valley Applebees without incident and although I dont go to Applebees much I'd carry there again unless there is an official policy?

-Thor

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Am I obligated, legally, to pay for the meal? I don't think I would be since they changed the conditions of service AFTER they served me.

I don't know the law on the matter, but as a matter of tactics, I'd be really concerned about an anti-gun manager calling police and saying I skipped without paying. Imagine what a creative prosecutor could do with that one--a guy with a gun gets food and then leaves without paying. "I told he hadn't paid! But, I was scared to make the demand because he looked all threatening with the gun and all." I can just see some anti-gun prosecutor spinning this into armed robbery.

For myself, my plan is something along the lines of, "Oh, I'm sorry. Of course, I cannot put the gun in the car and leave unattended. Theft hazard, you know. Please just write me a receipt for a zero balance check, and I'll be on my way. No? Well, then please just speak clearly into this voice-recorder that the check is forgiven."

Something to prove I didn't skip out on the check, opening myself up to a felony car stop a mile down the road and possible arrest and legal bills until it is all sorted out.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
I'm just wondering.
Why are we even wasting our time with them? I have written them off as a place I will NEVER go to again. If we really want to hurt them then make a sign and picket their business. "Applebees refuses to support our Bill of Rights! Applebees is racist! Applebees discriminates against our rights!"
Then hand out 2A cards and flyer to anyone who asks why we are doing it.
They will only listen if it gives them bad publicity and affects their bottom line.

They are ONLY restricting open carry, concealed carry is still allowed.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
So is the Email response from Apple American an "official" policy? I did not see any reference to their policies or documentation in the replies.... I have carried at the Spokane Valley Applebees without incident and although I dont go to Applebees much I'd carry there again unless there is an official policy?

-Thor

this latest email I would say is an official policy

1245A Defender

well,,,

If you really want to eat there?
Or if you really want to make a point about their policy?
Quote their own policy to the greeter, in a loud enough voice, for all to hear, that you will be complying, by Concealing your hand gun during your meal!

We respect your right to have a weapon, but along with that we also request it to be completely hidden from view of other guests, employees, and managers of the restaurant.

sudden valley gunner

If you really want to eat there?
Or if you really want to make a point about their policy?
Quote their own policy to the greeter, in a loud enough voice, for all to hear, that you will be complying, by Concealing your hand gun during your meal!

We respect your right to have a weapon, but along with that we also request it to be completely hidden from view of other guests, employees, and managers of the restaurant.

So maybe we could put a sheet over a m60 on a tripod and they'd respect that.....:lol:

amlevin

but the 5.11 vest is lost on me I think I am missing a story somewhere.

A vest popular with some as a "cover". Has lots of pockets for "stuff". Looks like a long fishing vest.

The concealed carry "purists" consider it an invitation to "shoot me first" during a robbery as it is often associated with those who are carrying firearms. Of course there's no documentation to support this position.

sudden valley gunner

A vest popular with some as a "cover". Has lots of pockets for "stuff". Looks like a long fishing vest.

The concealed carry "purists" consider it an invitation to "shoot me first" during a robbery as it is often associated with those who are carrying firearms. Of course there's no documentation to support this position.

Thanks, since I don't have much to CC crowd I didn't know that and never heard it. Sounds like another false myth though. Crooks really don't take the time to do all that.