• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AppleBees Gun Policy - No OC

TechnoWeenie

I don't know the law on the matter, but as a matter of tactics, I'd be really concerned about an anti-gun manager calling police

A few months ago I heard a call go out over the radio.

A guy at the Mayan was 'asked to put his gun in his car', and declined to do so, and the management wanted contact.

If all they did was ask him to put his gun in his car, and he refused, unless they asked him to leave, there's nothing that can be done anyway.

I can see an anti-gun cop taking it to the next level.

I asked him to put his gun in his car, and he said he would prefer to keep it on him.
OK, did you ask him to leave?
Well.. I just wanted him to put it in the car.
OK, so you asked him to leave, to put the gun in his car?
well, I guess, I just asked him to put his gun in the car, I don't feel comfortable with it in here.
OK. I'll handle it.
(goes to patron)
Sir, he told you to leave, and you didn't, you're under arrest for trespassing.

:banghead:

cpgrad08

I just got back from the AppleBees in the Lakewood town center and I OC with no problem what so ever.

Last edited:

Hammer

Why is it that companies like Applebee's always seem to find fools like this guy to put in management positions?

Didn't we have a conversation about this some time back? I quoted the Peter Principle and you took exception to the principle. I think the guy at Applebee's proves the point. I will agree that does not make every manager inept, as you seemed to point out before.