• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ATF Declares All Multiple Buyers of Weapons "Suspicious"

Alexcabbie

imported post

P.J. O'Rourke said it best:

"The mystery of Government is not how Government works, but rather how to make it stop"

"To call something "public" is to call it dirty, dangerous and inadequate. The ultimate paradigm of public spending is the public restroom"

"Giving money and power to politicians is like giving whiskey and car keys to 15 year old boys"

All of the above suit BATFE to a BATF-Tee.

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I like to buy multiple weapons at the same time so I don't have to fill out the paperwork over and over.

Also, my wife only complains once, versus two or three times if I go to the gun shop more times and buy guns each time :lol::lol:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Re-watching the video I learned a few more things about life:

1) The more guns you have the more dangerous you are regardless of any proof of ability to effectively deploy and use said weapons.

2) .22 rifles are the scariest to reporters and the ones most likely to be zoomed in on

3) Americans aren't overweight, New Jersey is overweight and giving the rest of the nation a bad name and skewing data.

thorvaldr

imported post

Has anyone ever wondered if some of these laws limiting the number and frequency of firearms purchases are secretly lobbied for by the wives of people on this board.

"Oh, sorry the BATFE won't let you buy another gun. Looks like we can afford those curtains after all"

imperialism2024

imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
The media also can't tell the different between a BB gun and an AK.
Very true. I remember a story several months ago where this mid-teenaged kid was alleged to be planning a "Columbine-style" attack on his school. Par for the course for allegations against anyone who has more than one gun, his entire "arsenal" was laid out on a table by the police, for the media to pan across and zoom in on.

Cue outrage about how a kid can acquire all of these "military-style" rifles and handguns.

Turns out they were all Airsoft except for one 9mm rifle his mother bought him as a gift. Still looks scary though. And the media was quite hesitent to mention the Airsoft part...

Gotta love the table'o'guns, though.

Edit: Typo.

MetalChris

imported post

thorvaldr wrote:
Has anyone ever wondered if some of these laws limiting the number and frequency of firearms purchases are secretly lobbied for by the wives of people on this board.

"Oh, sorry the BATFE won't let you buy another gun. Looks like we can afford those curtains after all"
LoL.

And the plot thickens!!

Alexcabbie

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
yeahYeah wrote:
The media also can't tell the different between a BB gun and an AK.
Very true. I remember a story several months ago where this mid-teenaged kid was alleged to be planning a "Columbine-style" attack on his school. Par for the course for allegations against anyone who has more than one gun, his entire "arsenal" was laid out on a table by the police, for the media to pan across and zoom in on.

Cue outrage about how a kid can acquire all of these "military-style" rifles and handguns.

Turns out they were all Airsoft except for one 9mm rifle his mother bought him as a gift. Still looks scary though. And the media was quite hesitent to mention the Airsoft part...

Gotta love the table'o'guns, though.

Edit: Typo
Maybe BATFE could enforce a national ban on Kool-Aid?

PT111

imported post

I htink tarzan pointed out that this is a NJ thing and the BATF has nothing to do with it. Is there any situation where the BATF restricts the number of guns you own or can buy?

Doesn't sound like the Feds are to blame on this one.

Alexcabbie

imported post

The hubbub is about the Jersey cop quoting the BATFE as saying that ALL multiple purchases are INHERENTLY SUSPICIOUS. Kinda like saying all men are potential rapists, and just as insulting IMHO.

neddis

imported post

Ok, aren't most common hunting rifles capable of firing ammo that can pierce bulletproof vests?

I hate the media. What's worse I guess is that most Americans don't have the intelligence to see through the spin the media puts on their stories.:uhoh:

imperialism2024

imported post

ama-gi wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:
What is this crap?! Are we all suspected criminals because we have more than one weapon?

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=9669697&ch=4226713&src=news
All of this happening under the watch of a Republican president. Scared yet? You should be.
Oh c'mon, it's just "common sense". That's why we need to ban private sa... er... close the "gun show loophole"! It's not like the BATFE has access to NICS records or anything...

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
The hubbub is about the Jersey cop quoting the BATFE as saying that ALL multiple purchases are INHERENTLY SUSPICIOUS. Kinda like saying all men are potential rapists, and just as insulting IMHO.
Being "INHERENTLY SUSPICIOUS" does not mean illegal. In the case of multiple weapons purchases, what one does with the weapons after the purchase may be illegal. You won't know this until it has been checked out.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Alexcabbie wrote:
Being "INHERENTLY SUSPICIOUS" does not mean illegal. In the case of multiple weapons purchases, what one does with the weapons after the purchase may be illegal. You won't know this until it has been checked out.
Ah, so somebody who just buys ONE gun could NEVER do anything illegal? Or does that need to be checked out, too?? I just bought a nice SW K-38 Combat Masterpiece at a gun show and the Brady Check facilities were so swamped I have to come back tomorrow to pick it up. I'll be one checked-out dude by then.

forever_frost

imported post

They would have flipped the hell out when I picked up 2 Colt Peacemakers, a FN P90 and a Saiga semi auto 12ga with 10 round magazine at the same time.

forever_frost

imported post

I have a decent collection. I didn't start till I was medically discharged from the Army. Since then, I've got weapons from a double barrel 1800's stage coach 12 ga to a .50 caliber BMG rifle.

4armed Architect