• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ATF Declares All Multiple Buyers of Weapons "Suspicious"

Evil Ernie

imported post

4armed Architect wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:
What is this crap?! Are we all suspected criminals because we have more than one weapon?

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=9669697&ch=4226713&src=news
The residents of Jersey City should be terrified. The Police found that this guy "who didn't seem radical" had the following in his home:

Food
Water
Gun in his nightstand
Guns in his safe

Pretty scary stuff!:uhoh:
That's the problem with NJ tho, they aren't terrified, they've been fleeced for so long now that they have absolutely NO clue as to what real freedom is. So much of their time is taken up trying to pay outrageous mortgages, insurance, and taxes that they have no time or inkling to even pay attention to whats really going on around them. As long as there is the media to report and skew what the police are really doing, they're happy little sheep.
Take a look at the candidates for NJ. ALL of them are about more programs, more spending, more this, more that. MORE GOVERNMENT!! And its not just dems, its repubs too!!! NJ politicians are true wolves feeding on the sheep of that state.

And for the 10th time...I'm glad I left.

Tomahawk

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
What is this crap?! Are we all suspected criminals because we have more than one weapon?

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=9669697&ch=4226713&src=news

Actually, you're considered a suspected criminal just for breathing, let alone owning weapons. Welcome to the modern world.

OMG! He had FOOD and WATER! That must make him really evil!

In case anyone was wondering why I don't live in Jersey anymore, that video is a good demonstration. Especially the extremely donut-ified cops who seem to take it as a given that guns are evil.

unreconstructed1

imported post

BATFECES ( bureau of alcohol, tobacco, firearms and explosives; control, extermination and suppression)

is an overgrown governemnt agency who is powerdrunk with its own unconstitutional power. we will see more and more of this as they stretch the limits of what power the FED will allow them. If we are ever going to be free from Government tyranny, they will be one of the first groups that will have to be expunged from the Federal alphabet soup., JMHO.

Krato88

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Alexcabbie wrote:
The hubbub is about the Jersey cop quoting the BATFE as saying that ALL multiple purchases are INHERENTLY SUSPICIOUS. Kinda like saying all men are potential rapists, and just as insulting IMHO.
Being "INHERENTLY SUSPICIOUS" does not mean illegal. In the case of multiple weapons purchases, what one does with the weapons after the purchase may be illegal. You won't know this until it has been checked out.
In that case, all NJ Cops are "Inherently Suspicious" becuase they remind me of gumbas *shrug*

lukeshort

imported post

Is anyone really surprised at this? What do you all think the waiting periods and background checks are for, public safety?

What is really disheartening is the fact it appears to be a case of big brother thinking he had just too many firearms. So the Gestapo [Dare I say that?] went in and confiscated them.

Sounds to me he just wanted to take care of himself in case of an emergency and had a fondness for firearms.

Mokarov_9mm

imported post

Where's N.J Chapter of The NRA When You Neem Them?...More impotantly,where are the outraged gun owning citizens of n.j?,who should recognize this asthe stepping stone it is to one dayforceall gun buyers into a registry if having more than one.

O.C.A

lukeshort

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
lukeshort wrote:
Is anyone really surprised at this? What do you all think the waiting periods and background checks are for, public safety?
But hey... remember... "closing the gun show loophole" isn't actually gun control.

Now repeat.
Point taken ;).

lukeshort

imported post

So then our authority figures need no explanation as to why most who believe in the Constitution, not to include the empty headed sheep that think the gov. is there toprotect andlead them, have a suspicion about theirmotives 99% of the time.

lukeshort

imported post

Mike wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:

Come on folks, one local police official said ATF said multiple weapons purchases are "inherently suspicious."

Objection, hearsay.

Yes it is hearsay, but this does show a language usage to either hide the true intent of the seizure, or to rally support for the idea multiple gun ownership is a bad thing only crazies would do. Leaving most simpletons out there with the impression they need to step up vigilanceforthose that have a three hook rifle rack in the pick up truck. In my opinion this kind of talk is only planting the seed of objectivity in the minds of anti's, would be's and already are gun owners.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

lukeshort wrote:
Mike wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:

Come on folks, one local police official said ATF said multiple weapons purchases are "inherently suspicious."

Objection, hearsay.

Yes it is hearsay, but this does show a language usage to either hide the true intent of the seizure, or to rally support for the idea multiple gun ownership is a bad thing only crazies would do. Leaving most simpletons out there with the impression they need to step up vigilanceforthose that have a three hook rifle rack in the pick up truck. In my opinion this kind of talk is only planting the seed of objectivity in the minds of anti's, would be's and already are gun owners.
There is no "mind" in an anti for any seeds of objectivity or common sense to grow. Just a robotic system of synapses programed at their local government school, followed with multimedia updates.