• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Beaver County, PA Sheriff Says No Carrying Guns Where Others Might Assemble!

Carnivore

imported post

ghostrider wrote:
Carnivore wrote:
I'll follow through means exactly that, If you and I were ever to become friendly aquaintances, and your vehicle broke down 500 miles away and I was the only one you could turn to to get you home, and you asked me to come to pick you up at such and such a place, you can be rest assured that by the time I hung up the phone, I'd be getting the necessities together to drive 500 miles bring my friend home 24/7/365, Thats a guarantee when I tell you my word is my promise.
Again, that has nothing to do with the question, and is just obfuscation.

Carnivore wrote:
On the other hand, if I looked out my front door and someone was lowering the flag on my flag pole, and proceeded to light it on fire , you can be rest assured someone would take the best Ass whoopin I could dish out, Thats a guarantee when I tell you My word is my promise..

Hypothetical or not/felony or not, I have my own space, and an agressive act toward me within that space would cause an agressive response.
Again, we're not talking about someone burning your property, on your property. Your obfuscating the topic.

Now your right in the fact that I would be breaking the law for attacking someone putting on a public display of burning a flag somewhere in the general public, But I know well that if that was to take place within a 50 mile radius of my address, I would have a real hard time getting my licks in first on the flag burner ahead of the rest of the mob of soon to be felons..
At least you've stopped tap dancing around it, and are finally admitting it.

Well well I do have one more bit of news for you, Old Glory isn't considered just a cheap piece of China made cloth with some die spattered on it without protection from state laws.. May God keep us both humble if we ever knowingly cross paths..

http://www.freedomforum.org/packages/first/Flag/flaglaws.htm#missouri

ghostrider

forever_frost

imported post

This has gotten off topic as hell, but if someone burns the flag in front of me, I'll do my damnedest to rearrange their bone structure. Wrong or right. That's just me. I have actually shed blood for this country and took an AK round to the head. I'll deal with the fines and maybe jail time later.

Cowboy_Rick

imported post

I agree-forever_frost, since 1968 My moto has and will always be "De Opresso Libre". I lived it and retired from it, but S.F. is in my blood!! At least to the "5th".

forever_frost

imported post

Only in the US do we allow the burning of our country's flag. You do it in Mexico or Korea and you get hammered. We need to protect the emblem of our freedom just as we protect the American Bald Eagle

streetdoc

imported post

We need to protect our rights andfreedoms, all of them, not just the ones we like! I firmly support the rights of the jerk that wants to burn our flag to symbolize his objection of something the country is doing, this is a huge display of way this country is so great. This jerk is exercising his rights. I also support the idea that one of the Southern states had that the maximum fine that a person could have for beat the crap out of a person that was burning the flag was $25. Everybody need to weight out the cost/benifit of their actions :shock:

MetalChris

imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
The last time we had %9 approval ratings we sent the government back to england.
Hahahahaha!!! :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I LoLed.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Wow! It's like I am in high school again!

Maybe I was wrong. . . I thought ultra liberals were the ones killing America, instead I think it is the false/misguided patriots. Makes me think that when Jefferson said these words he wasn't just hoping for the blood of tyrants.

[/font]
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the Blood of Patriots and tyrants it is it's natural manure" Thomas Jefferson, 3rd President

I never expected that so many people that proposed to support our rights would stoop to such actions and immature and underdeveloped psychological responses.

I.....I think I am actually at a loss of words. I was never really depressed or as concerned for the future of America until this thread. I am sorry Mountain Jack, maybe your case is more hopeless than I thought. With these types of friends supporting you, who needs enemies?

And for your information, I too served in the US Army. I too pledged to protect our Constitution from our enemies, both foreign and domestic. I just never figured I might have to protect it from you.

ne1

imported post

Burning has always been the recommended method to dispose of a soiled flag.

Unfortunately, Old Glory's image is being soiled by those professing todefend it.

mvpel

imported post

ne1 wrote:
Burning has always been the recommended method to dispose of a soiled flag.
Exactly! This is why criminalizing flag-burning is a real-life example of Orwellian "1984" thoughtcrime.

Because it's not the simple act of burning that's banned, it's what you're thinking when you do it.

Any word about Beaver County? Is the DA still clinging to this rotten carcass of a "disorderly conduct" case like a hungry pit bull?

Cowboy_Rick

imported post

Well, if it is considered to burn the Flag that represents this Country then so be it, but I will never burn or take part in the desecration of a symbol of this Country because I feel that this is a Right that I bled for. I do feel sorry for the person that perpetrated this act but that act is between him and his GOD. You have numerous rights in this Country but you donot possess the right to disallow the rights of others. By the way Barak Obama hasn't been elected yet so I would not refer him as President or even Presidential unless the word Cantidate was also used.

At this point in time he is running for Office therefore I feel that he is, at this point in time, just another citizen of this country, but to be given the respect that he deserves to attempt to obtain this position. If he wins then he becomes "COMMANDER in CHIEF" which is totally different in my eyes.

SIGfreed

imported post

forever_frost wrote:
This has gotten off topic as hell, but if someone burns the flag in front of me, I'll do my damnedest to rearrange their bone structure. Wrong or right. That's just me. I have actually shed blood for this country and took an AK round to the head. I'll deal with the fines and maybe jail time later.

So it is OK for someone to step on others rights if they are willing to face the consequences? Or to put it another way, it is OK for an LEO to make a falsearrest on someone for legally, openly carrying a pistol if he is willing to use our tax dollars to pay the court settlement?

Not on my watch!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Phoenixphire wrote:

SO..... Back on topic....

Has anyone heard anymore ABOUT THE CASE?

Like, the district attorney dropping the charges?
Nope, but Rich Banks, founder of PAOpenCarry.org came down with the flu or somthing so we might get some updates soon. But remember folks, these things can drag on - the charges against the "Smoketown 6" for wearing thongs and piling up on each other in advance of the Bush motorcade duing the past election lingered for a very long time before going away.

forever_frost

imported post

There is a large difference between burning the flag and retiring it. I have burned several flags, not just for me, but for my family, but I do it with honor. It is carefully folded, it is put into the flames and I stand there and salute it till it's gone.

pro2A

imported post

johnsteele wrote:
After reading this I again read through the Constitution and I can't find the place where it says people have a right not to be offended or alarmed. Can't find it no matter how hard I try.
Ya... also can't seem to find where Sheriffs officers can make laws :X

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Carnivore wrote:
Theseus wrote:
Unfortunate for Mt. Jack (I do believe that is what you all have been calling him) is in this situation, but it is a great case that can hopefully solve the OC problem for all. Just because someone is scared by the act, doesn't mean someone should be held accountable.

The reasonable argument could be made of someone burning a flag for example. It scares me and possibly gives aid and comfort to our countries enemies that someone would do it, but it is protected as legal and I can't get them for disturbing the peace. . . Why is a flag protected but a firearm not?

This would be where the United States Flag come into play of this topic I merely followed up with my passion concerning holding Old Glory in very high regard, Hmm another non complying member, Shame on us !! I guess your next step would to warn me / then ban me for not complying with your Idea on how the replies ofthis thread would best play out.

Please accept my most humble apologies I'll try to do better in keeping my opinions more in compliance with what I'd hope you would approve of..;)
Apology accepted, there was that so hard?

Carnivore

imported post

Venator wrote:
Carnivore wrote:
Theseus wrote:
Unfortunate for Mt. Jack (I do believe that is what you all have been calling him) is in this situation, but it is a great case that can hopefully solve the OC problem for all. Just because someone is scared by the act, doesn't mean someone should be held accountable.

The reasonable argument could be made of someone burning a flag for example. It scares me and possibly gives aid and comfort to our countries enemies that someone would do it, but it is protected as legal and I can't get them for disturbing the peace. . . Why is a flag protected but a firearm not?

This would be where the United States Flag come into play of this topic I merely followed up with my passion concerning holding Old Glory in very high regard, Hmm another non complying member, Shame on us !! I guess your next step would to warn me / then ban me for not complying with your Idea on how the replies ofthis thread would best play out.

Please accept my most humble apologies I'll try to do better in keeping my opinions more in compliance with what I'd hope you would approve of..;)
Apology accepted, there was that so hard?
No it was in fact rather liberating to remove myself from the childish banter..;)