• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Birmingham: Open Carry is brandishing (Sounds like we need to attend another meeting)

TheQ

I've just had an opening in my weekend....

It'd be helpful if the OP could be updated with the plan particulars so people don't have to hunt to find them -- it'd increase turnout!

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
http://birmingham.patch.com/article...ad-of-rifle-carrying-teen-s-wednesday-hearing

From the link:

It sounds as if the city DID NOT learn from our protest, and apparently needs another lesson. According to the city ANY open carry, long gun, or not is brandishing, the law, and AG opinions be damned.

Further the case is now going to trial.

----------------------------------------------

OK the rally details are as follows:

There will now be a rally with Seans brother Friday, July 6th, 6:30pm at Shain Park, he has volunteered to buy pizza for anyone who attends.

We also need to hit the commission meeting on July 9th at 7:30 (They like to hear themselves talk, and public comments aren't until the end so you could probably wait to 8:30) It is also the same day as the pre trial.

http://www.ci.birmingham.mi.us/index.aspx?recordid=6739&page=1329

Then there is a concert in Shain Park on July 11th (the same day as the trial) that we should attend, it starts at 7:00.

http://www.ci.birmingham.mi.us/index.aspx?page=1251

If you can hit all 3 events that would be great, but if you can only hit 1 or 2 that would be good to, we need to get as many people showing support as we can.

We may want to hit their other concerts to, here is the full schedule, and what's playing:

Wed., July 11 Acoustic Brothers From Different Mothers Country, Jazz & Rock
Wed., July 18 730 Club Band Soft Rock
Wed., July 25 AllenAsTim ** Family Night featuring line dancing and face painting. ** Country
Wed., Aug. 1 Byron In Motion Motown
Wed., Aug. 8 7 Grams of Fat Soft Rock
Wed., Aug. 15 LEGEND The Band 50's & 60's Tunes

================================

Or free movies in the park (Booth Park)
http://www.oaklandcountymoms.com/eve...-in-birmingham

Enjoy free movie nights in Birmingham, Michigan under the stars at Booth Park. The events start at 7:30p on select nights in the summer. The outdoor movies begin at dusk. Bring a lawn chair or blanket and don't forget the popcorn!

Movie Nights at Booth Park in Birmingham for 2012 include:

June 22nd - King Fu Panda 2
July 20th - The Muppets
August 10th - Cars 2

Booth Park
Harmon and North Old Woodward
Birmingham, MI, 48009

We need to show them that this will not be tolerated. KEEP THE PRESSURE ON THEM.

If you are interested in attending the trial it's July 11th at 8:30a.m. at:

48th District Court
4280 Telegraph Rd.
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302

Quoted for simplicity.

SVI7

I dont want to speak for everyone, but I say carry what you feel comfortable with. Long guns were at the last rally, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are some there tomorrow as well.

TheQ

Sorry folk, it's going to be with well over 95° through 9 o'clock this evening. I'm not putting myself and my wife through that temperature…

Adams182

Man I would really love to be there but I just seen how far away Birmingham is and I'm not sure if I'm down for a solo mission, if anyone in the kalamazoo or even battlecreek area is going I would gladly carpool and pitch in cash for gas. I'm in the Gobles area. I will check back in a bit for any answers. if not sorry and goodluck to everyone who does go!!

ken243

Keep up the good fight guys. Also, keep the updates coming on this case. I wish I could be there tonight but I am in Texas waiting for my flight to the sandbox. Good luck all.