• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bye Bye Habeas Corpus and Posse Comitatus

Beretta92FSLady

I'm not sure that she understands what she is saying. Not the scope of what she is saying, but any part of it. Like she is just muttering words without knowing their meaning.

Still, I think it'd be very entertaining to watch the election night coverage with her. We should all meet up somewhere, have some booze and watch the elections. We could take bets. It'd be like watching a sports game, but oh so much more fun.:cool:

I realize that you are under the impression that I do not grasp what I am stating, and that I do not grasp the implications of the statements that i am making. I am merely making the statements that I am making based on observation.

Please, point out to me the words that I am uttering without knowing their meaning.

I would love to sit there on election night, particularly with individuals who actually believe President Obama is going to lose.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Does anyone else ever find it odd that nearly EVERY single concentration camp tattoo that you see is different (size, type style, format, location etc). One would expect a LOT more consistency from the Third Reich...

Not at all.

As an artist and a student of visual history, I find this anomaly a little troubling.

If you're an artist, you should know better. Artists never "standardize."

The Nazi's goal wasn't to standardize tattoos. It was to number people. Mission accomplished, and they moved on.

Jack House

I realize that you are under the impression that I do not grasp what I am stating, and that I do not grasp the implications of the statements that i am making. I am merely making the statements that I am making based on observation.

Please, point out to me the words that I am uttering without knowing their meaning.
It's not really the individual words that are the issue, it's the entire argument. I have already pointed out where your argument derailed and how it did so.

I would love to sit there on election night, particularly with individuals who actually believe President Obama is going to lose.
Exactly! It would be a blast. Those believing that Obama will win can bet against those believing he wont and vice versa. The rest of us could bet on just how crazy the first two groups are/get. It would be fun and I would be greatly amused, despite the outcome.

6L6GC

you sir are exactly correct

None of the people killed at Ruby Ridge were killed because of Randy Weaver's political or social affiliations--they were killed because the BATFE and FBI had tried on numerous occasions to entrap him into manufacturing a SBS, and he refused multiple times. They raided his cabin because they "thought" he might have "illegal weapons". His son and wife were killed because an undercover team at ATF/FBI didn't like the fact that he wouldn't fall for their ruse, and they were hell-bent on "getting their man" even if they had to set him up up to do it.

Weaver's only conviction was for "failure to appear", for which he received 18 months and a $10,000 fine. His family was, however, given over $3 million in baksheesh hush money by the Feds, under the provision that they not file civil suits against Lon Horiuchi and the other FBI triggermen...

If we base the "guilt" of the participants in Ruby Ridge just on how much each side had to pay out in fines and settlements, the score is Weaver:1, Feds:300. Do the math...

Ruby Ridge was a monumental Cluster Foxtrot of ego, posturing, and government corruption. It was no different than "Fast and Furious" in terms of the REAL story--the government fabricated a scenario without any sort of proof, evidence or RAS, acted on that scenario, and then tried to spin it to justify their lawless, sociopathic, anti-Constitutional actions. Period...

that some blindly swallow the gov'mint issued kool-ade does not change the fact that the man was NOT what the feds reported him to be. besides that, even if he was (which he wasn't) the proscribed method of dealing with such folk is to arrest him. They could have easily accomplished that without murdering his family. But then, that wouldn't have bolstered their warrior wannabe egos as much. The gov'mint agents could have also easily arrested David K. since he often went in to the town alone. But that wouldn't have made them have a big ego trip. So instead, they started calling his church a "compound" and calling the church's basement a "bunker". Then, to up the ante, they alleged child abuse, because, after all, NOBODY is going to defend a child abuser. That the fiasco there ended with the death of those people is not/was not the fault of David, but rather out of control federal agents trying to see just how far they could go. The other poster's absurd ranting, and closed eyes does not change the facts of what happened.