• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

California legislator seeks to ban even limited right to open carry UNLOADED handguns

coolusername2007

imported post

Mike wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
It is my position that regardless of the McDonald ruling, and regardless of the subsequent Nordyke ruling, the CA legislators WILL PASS more restrictive UOC laws.
Unlikley unless they juice up the bill with some shall issue language for concealed carry - absent that, the bill, even if passed, will be vetored - recall Gov. schwartzenagger vetoed the bill 2 years ago to ban loaded open carry in incorporated areas and the legislature could not overturn that veto.
Uh, no it wouldn't be vetoed. Have you not noticed that our girly man governor is not the same...uhum...man that he was 2 years ago?

AdnanShahab

imported post

I was able to speak with both her Sacramento office and her San Diego office today. (For now, I'm going to leave out some of the funnier moments of those conversations.) After identifying myself, both offices seemed to be interested in connecting me with the brains behind Saldana's operation. I'm working on setting up a call between myself and Saldana's point man who is writing the legislation for her.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

AdnanShahab wrote:
I was able to speak with both her Sacramento office and her San Diego office today. (For now, I'm going to leave out some of the funnier moments of those conversations.) After identifying myself, both offices seemed to be interested in connecting me with the brains behind Saldana's operation. I'm working on setting up a call between myself and Saldana's point man who is writing the legislation for her.
Assuming you get elected (or maybe even if not), she and her staff are going to go bipartisan with a Republican gunny (cosponsor, coauthor, ?) who could very well sabotage her precious unconstitutional infringement bill?

heliopolissolutions

imported post

Adnan, I would be very interested to learn the name of her legislative drafter, can you PM me if you find it appropriate?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

AdnanShahab wrote:
Dude - if you can, ask for a private meting, coffee whatever, promise you will bring no press, and then deliver on that promise - your credibility would be huge and you could report that you carried the OC communiti'y pail of water to her so she can better understand how the community is feeling singled out when it has done nothing wrong and is just following what the law allows, which by the way compard tomost states, allows very little

Robin47

imported post

Why don't "We the People"ever find these legislators having a breach of oath ?

Just because some have an Opinion, don't give them a right to break their oath to all the California people, And pursuing legislation that is contrary to their oath of office.

Bad Behavior" by breaking ones oath should be taken to the Grand Jury for Investigation. On charges of "Breach of Oath".

Robin47 :banghead:

Paladin4CA

imported post

Gundude wrote:
other snip:

Stanford University law professor Robert Weisberg, an expert on gun laws, says it's unlikely that the California legislature would endorse Saldaña’s bill. “The great majority from both political parties don’t want to cross the gun lobby,” he says.
The best way of ensuring the accuracy of that last statement is by making it so. I read that acc to FBI estimates, there are 90,000,000 gun owners in America. Only about 4,000,000 are members of the NRA yet look at the power we have. (Yes, "we" since the NRA is a member-led organization that means that "I'm the NRA!") Imagine if we could get only 10% of all US gun owners to join the NRA and get politically tied-in and active. That would more than double our size and we'd be UNSTOPPABLE! ! ! We'd get a pro-RKBA US Senate in 2010 that would stop any anti legislation, treaties, or fed court/SCOTUS justices! Even in CA/PRK, anti legislation would die in committee.

If you want/need to know what you can individually do to increase our political clout in this state, both long and short term, ck out my posting at:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=842416
where I list 16 things YOU can do to protect our 2nd A RKBA in CA (assuming SCOTUS will acknowledge them via Heller-McDonald). That's where I'm focusing my ever limited time, money, and effort during the "stand-down."

heliopolissolutions

imported post

Things aren't completely fleshed out yet, but it seems like the people who are crafting Saldaña’s stuff are not what we would idealize.

KS_to_CA

imported post

Mike wrote:
One of the things she mentions in her article is the alleged 'fear" that cali OCers allegedly induced by 60 people going to the beach - though this is not true, it illustrates why it is best NOT to organize gigundous meet ups or marches - the strongest way to be a good ambassador for gun carry is to go alone or relatively modest sized groups in your daily life to normal activities.

Meeting in giant groups or "marches" is a sign of weakness - and, lets the antis say we scared people on purpose like kooks in a giant mob.

Everybody see what i am saying?

This is a publicty game with a game theoretic component.

So if I am not comfortable with the idea, I can use the gay parade as an excuse? Or any parade or marches of people that don't look like me or share my beliefs?

Think about it.

AdnanShahab

imported post

Saldana's office is either really slow at getting back to people or they have decided to avoid me altogether. I called them once again and am still waiting for an official response back from Saldana herself or the guy who is crafting the legislation for her.

yelohamr

imported post

AdnanShahab wrote:
Saldana's office is either really slow at getting back to people or they have decided to avoid me altogether. I called them once again and am still waiting for an official response back from Saldana herself or the guy who is crafting the legislation for her.

The person you need to talk to is Helen Waite.

If you want to talk to Saldana, go to Helen Waite.:lol:
Variation on an old joke.

cato

imported post

AdnanShahab wrote:

Stop holding your breath. And why do they want to talk to you? or mefor that matter? You'll get your response when the legislation is filed.

If you want to see this pass just keep UOCing (not the Right) and talking to the media inspiring the antis to action.

They control the legislature and the media. We are out of our league until case law is on our side.

But hay Charge of the Light Brigade tactics create great poetry...

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

AdnanShahab wrote:
Why don;t youmake a utube of yourself going to her office to talk to her? Knockon the door, etc.

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

cato wrote:
If you want to see this pass just keep UOCing (not the Right) and talking to the media inspiring the antis to action.

They control the legislature and the media. We are out of our league until case law is on our side.
I have to disagree with you on most of this cato. The legislators do not control the media. While irrational fear-mongering media certainly can contribute to the legislature passing bad law, there's no control there. And many of the news stories we've been getting lately have been quite favorable. Plus with the onslaught of national attention that Open Carry is getting these days, stories will be published with or without our contribution. I've come around to believing that it is better to try and help the media get it's story straight rather then just let them publish the nonsense they usually doll out when it comes to 2A issues.

pullnshoot25

imported post

cato wrote:
AdnanShahab wrote:
Saldana's office is either really slow at getting back to people or they have decided to avoid me altogether.  I called them once again and am still waiting for an official response back from Saldana herself or the guy who is crafting the legislation for her.

Stop holding your breath.  And why do they want to talk to you?  or me for that matter?  You'll get your response when the legislation is filed.

They control the legislature and the media.  We are out of our league until case law is on our side.

But hay Charge of the Light Brigade tactics create great poetry...

This. We really need to tone it down a lot.