• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Candidates for Governor on preemption & OC: Inslee supports, McKenna does NOT

Alpine

Yeah, I wasn't jumping for joy but that's what happens when you run a RINO. You all saw the reduced turnout in the rural counties. Everyone here knows Rossi came closer to winning than McKenna (Rossi actually did win but was robbed).

The WA GOP should have run Rossi or another real conservative like him. People balked at McKenna.

Besides, I think even with all the national impetus from the shootings I doubt pre-emption will come under fire, and certainly not any more than it would have under McKenna. Even in that press release it says right there that Inslee's office won't ask for it. In the end, if there is some change in the regs I'll still believe that it would have been faster and worse with McKenna than with Inslee, because McKenna was a political opportunist and wolf in sheep's clothing (so is Inslee, but Inslee won't need to fight and make trades with his own party) and he would use any change in gun regs to show how great at "compromise" he is and to get things from the democrats.

Remember what the pattern with RINO governors with liberal-dominated legislatures is:

Shootings in Massachussets: RINO Romney feeds assault weapon ban to the libs there.

Shootings in California: RINO Schwarzeneggar feeds gun bans to the libs there.

In both cases it was all about political barter. Those RINOs wanted stuff passed so they offered up things they didn't care much about to the libs. What's the usual first item on the agenda that modern coastal RINOs offer up before the libs even ask? Firearms regulations.

And before EMN comes back in here and starts frothing at the mouth again, it wasn't just me that McKenna was ignoring. He was busy with a whole dog and pony show called "Democrats for McKenna" and trying to fool WA that he wasn't even a republican. Most of McKenna's signs didn't even say the words "republican" or "GOP" on them.

Last edited:

massivedesign

My summary...

ukdX1.gif

Last edited: