• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCW shall issue bill now in play!

SteveO

imported post

Hi All,

Just registered here. This bill has been amended so that both section "B" & "C" are the same. As it was originally written it only addressed the Sherriffs office. After the the new amendment it now also strikes the good clause statement from the chief of police section. :D

psquared

imported post

just joined. :) i'll stay if this passes. hehehe.

seriously tho, i'm just hoping it makes it past the initial hearing. many shall issue states had to make multiple attempts before their laws got amended. we'll get there eventually! some beginner's luck would be nice, too. :cool:

TheWarrior

imported post

Of course. I actually expect the worst most of the time, which means I'm either affirmed in my expectations or pleased if the outcome is better. This system works well. :cool:

psquared

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I listened to the hearing live online. It is dead. Many no votes, only a couple audible yes votes.

Several articulate and logical arguments were made in support of the bill. Then the police chiefs association and sheriffs association reps made their statements, full of racism and fear mongering and lies. Of course that's all the idiot assemblymen needed to support their no votes.

If you don't believe me, read from those who attended the meeting:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=175740
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=172947

Mechanic

Los Angeles - San Fernando Valley, California, USA
imported post

Disappointing that it died that quickly. I am amazed that the California State Sheriffs' Association could make a statement like the piece in BOLD:

"AB 357 not only removes the good cause requirement but it also requires, rather than authorizes, a sheriff to issue the applicant a concealed weapon permit if the applicant meets other requirements. The removal of law enforcement discretion sets a dangerous precedent, particularly in regards to firearm possession."

I don't seem to recall anything about "law enforcement discretion" in the Second Amendment to the U.S Constitution. I'm sure it's in there, otherwise the Committee on Public Safety would have a hard time getting re-elected. Either they are idiots, or they think we are....

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The sheriffs were talking about OJ and Raiders game attendees being able to get CCWs under shall-issue. The racism and fear-mongering were unbelievable.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
Well, we still have open carry...who wants to carry concealed anyway. :p
Those who cannot make the distinction between rights and privileges- More specifically, those who have mistaken the issuance of a license to conceal a firearm for the right ensconced in the our constitution.

KylaGWolf

imported post

MudCamper wrote:
The sheriffs were talking about OJ and Raiders game attendees being able to get CCWs under shall-issue. The racism and fear-mongering were unbelievable.
yeah well they forget to mention one little fact. If I remember correctly wasn't OJ bustedo on a DV charge on his ex? If so they would have pulled his gun rights anyways so its a moot point to use that argument. As for Raiders fans they have worse weapons at their disposal called cars as they leave the game. Not to mention when they are losing they destroy even their own fans cars in the process.