• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Citizens' Arrest

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
So now this thread is so far off topic. Some just can't resist themselves from arguing and proving that their opinion is 'right' and getting in the last word.

To all who can't stay on topic, grow up and get a hobby. :shocker:

Metalhead47

Its an open forum people will have opposing views and will debate them....(shrugs) I find many of the opposing views informative.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
WHAT HE SAID!

And besides, for some of us this forum IS a hobby.... and considerably cheaper than some of our other ones :D

And you've been known to throw your two pennies in on the occasional wild tangent too gogo :p

sudden valley gunner

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
WHAT HE SAID!

And besides, for some of us this forum IS a hobby.... and considerably cheaper than some of our other ones :D

And you've been known to throw your two pennies in on the occasional wild tangent too gogo :p

It's like my thread on Muslim shop it turned into a religion discussion, and some diest posted his thoughts on the subject? :lol: But I thought it was fine, the thread had run its course and we were conversing, I enjoyed all the posts, christian, deist, agnostic, atheist, and their "arguments" on why they believed the way they do.

sudden valley gunner

BTT....

Citizen's Arrest?

Depends upon the situation and totality of circumstances.

What if you're assaulted with a wheel chair? ;)

In all seriousness though I believe citizens are the ultimate authority and that LEO (should) have a very limited affect in our affairs.

I think though that a citizen's arrest is a very serious matter and shouldn't be taken lightly, like any arrest by an "authority". Especially when the SCOTUS have ruled that you can resist unlawful arrest up to the point of taking the life of the arrestor. Not that I am suggesting this as course of action but mostly pointing out the seriousness of how our country originally took any seizure or arrest.

P.S. would like to point out that technically this whole thread is "off topic", but I do think it is a good topic.

Last edited:

amzbrady

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
WHAT HE SAID!

+1
I dont come here just for open carry laws, rcw quotes, and feel good stories either. Thats just one of the bonuses from coming here. I come here for the interaction from like minded, and unlike minded people who like guns, and for some humor.

amlevin

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
WHAT HE SAID!

And the nice thing about THIS hobby is that you can sit in front of your computer, shoot the $h!t with a bunch of other people, drink as much as you want, and not have to drive home as if you were having the same conversation in a Tavern.

Maybe we should just adopt a more flexible "title" for our threads. Start out with the subject and then add "and other comments". That ought to stop the OT gripes.

BTW, isn't this the group that usually complains about "too much regulation" in society?????????

Metalhead47

And the nice thing about THIS hobby is that you can sit in front of your computer, shoot the $h!t with a bunch of other people, drink as much as you want, and not have to drive home as if you were having the same conversation in a Tavern.

Drunken foruming?
idea.gif
I'd never thought of that before! That would explain ALOT! 1093.gif

sudden valley gunner

BTW, isn't this the group that usually complains about "too much regulation" in society?????????

Damn right, been then me thinks some folks wanna be regulators.

Drunken foruming?
idea.gif
I'd never thought of that before! That would explain ALOT! View attachment 5607

Sometimes ya do wonder.

Just thought about something Nick's post got us all to agree on something!

hermannr

I have a cousin that married an average joe, 6', 175 lbs over 40 years ago. Her husband is still 6' tall, but he is now well over 600lbs...why? A pituitary tumor that developed when he was about 35 and the doctors did not properly diagnose until he was 55.

After knowing Don, I don't think anything about those that are really heavy, other than pity. It is very hard for him, and the doctors can do nothing for him now. They stopped the tumors growth but that does not reverse the physiological changes to his body

People that get one of these tumors before they have stopped growing keep growing taller, think 8'+. Those that have one of these tumors after the have stopped their normal bone growth have their bones thicken and increase in weight. Just so some of you guys understand, there are some very large people out there that really cannot do anything about their weight, Be a bit more tolerent, life is hard enough for oversized people, I just thank God it isn't me (6'1" 200lbs isn't generally considered too much)