• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Civil Disobediance

Primus

IDK ask google how it's working for them.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/nov/03/larry-page-google-dont-be-evil-sergey-brin

Power corrupts, and you Primus have power.
And this has to do with 594 how exactly? Seeing as how I'm the guy advocating for the leos to NOT arrest anyone for nail guns or fireworks or handing someone a gun.

Ya got me again.. I'm an evil hypocritical poopy faced no good blah blah blah...... How does any of this change 594 exactly? Oh... It doesnt. Just wasted banter. Now I know I've had a good laugh at it but this thread isn't for that. If you want start a different one and we can trade jabs back and forth or even better PM your best lines. Like the "poop on bottom of my shoe" lol I'm stealing that one. :D

Back to OP.... A demonstration like discussed won't work. Nor will scaring home depot or wal mart into trying to spend money on it. LE aren't going to arrest and charge the clerk at wally world with a felony for a flare gun.

Maybe just maybe if someone does get arrested for something gun related it can be challenged in court for being vague. Maybe.

Primus

I did just have an idea though. Want to show how dumb the law is? Get it repealed or case law to fix it?

I keep hearing second time is a felony and someone threw out the idea of citizens arrest. Now the chances of LE making the arrest is slim. So do it for them. Go to range with buddies. Record them passing guns back and forth. Citizen arrest them bring them to court. Request prosecution. Bam. :D

Anyone want to bet me a box of donuts on this? :D lol

Dave_pro2a

Seeing as how I'm the guy advocating for the leos to NOT arrest anyone for nail guns or fireworks or handing someone a gun.

Ya got me again.. I'm an evil hypocritical poopy faced no good blah blah blah......

Two wrongs don't actually make a right.

The law is wrong.
Not enforcing the law is wrong.

You're obviously well practiced at being and acting wrong.

Primus

Two wrongs don't actually make a right.

The law is wrong.
Not enforcing the law is wrong.

You're obviously well practiced at being and acting wrong.
Not enforcing the law is wrong? Even if you feel the law is unjust? Wow... That's a new one. Sounds like your advocating for zero tolerance. And I'm the evil poopy face? Lol

Dave_pro2a

Not enforcing the law is wrong? Even if you feel the law is unjust? Wow... That's a new one. Sounds like your advocating for zero tolerance. And I'm the evil poopy face? Lol

Only passing laws that can be fairly, consistently and universally enforced seems like a reasonable expectation for Citizens to have.

Might as well be living in a Banana Republic if we don't have that. Where the government passes secret laws, can spy on you at will, lock you up using secret courts, force you to pay tax because you are simply alive, oh wait a second...

Last edited:

Difdi

Easy... Unless the law says SHALL arres t then there's discretion.

How exactly does refusal to make an arrest when a gross misdemeanor or felony is committed in front of an officer mesh with RCW 9A.80.010 or 42.20.100?

(1) A public servant is guilty of official misconduct if, with intent to obtain a benefit or to deprive another person of a lawful right or privilege:

(a) He or she intentionally commits an unauthorized act under color of law; or

(b) He or she intentionally refrains from performing a duty imposed upon him or her by law.

(2) Official misconduct is a gross misdemeanor.

Whenever any duty is enjoined by law upon any public officer or other person holding any public trust or employment, their wilful neglect to perform such duty, except where otherwise specially provided for, shall be a misdemeanor.

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

Not enforcing the law is wrong?

yes. Selective enforcement of any laws is abhorrent. Making it legal for cops to choose to enforce or not enforce a law is obviously wrong.
Man wouldn't it be terrible if flashing your badge didn't get you out of speeding tickets and DUIs?
Damn Disgusting.

Primus

yes. Selective enforcement of any laws is abhorrent. Making it legal for cops to choose to enforce or not enforce a law is obviously wrong.
Man wouldn't it be terrible if flashing your badge didn't get you out of speeding tickets and DUIs?
Damn Disgusting.
So your really advocating for zero tolerance for everyone? Every fight, stop sign violation, 1mph over speed limit, yell too loud, have 1 beer too many, etc. Etc. All enforced to letter of law? Wow... Thank god your not a cop. There'd be a lot of pissed off people.

No rides home instead duis, no more protective custody instead of disorderly conduct, no more warnings to break up the fighting and go home. That kid who takes candy bar jail I guess huh instead of go apologize and pay for it.

Sounds pretty awful to me.

Primus

How exactly does refusal to make an arrest when a gross misdemeanor or felony is committed in front of an officer mesh with RCW 9A.80.010 or 42.20.100?
I'd bet that only applies to laws that say shall arrest or some form of.

Dave_pro2a

So your really advocating for zero tolerance for everyone? Every fight, stop sign violation, 1mph over speed limit, yell too loud, have 1 beer too many, etc. Etc. All enforced to letter of law? Wow... Thank god your not a cop. There'd be a lot of pissed off people.

No rides home instead duis, no more protective custody instead of disorderly conduct, no more warnings to break up the fighting and go home. That kid who takes candy bar jail I guess huh instead of go apologize and pay for it.

Or a lot fewer laws.

twoskinsonemanns

Absolutely. The reason people put up with this messed up system we have is because of the odds. The odds are you probably won't be railroaded. Piss on those that are they probably deserve it.

Dave_pro2a

Absolutely. The reason people put up with this messed up system we have is because of the odds. The odds are you probably won't be railroaded. Piss on those that are they probably deserve it.

Works great, if you're white.[/sarcasm]

US_incrates2001.jpg

Last edited:

Primus

Ok. So let me get this straight.... You disagree with law X so you believe everyone should be screwed by law X at all times? Am i missing something?

This 594 is a great example. A lot of guys disagree with it. So they are advocating it gets enforced towards EVERYTHING such as nail guns.

I just can't wrap my head around it.... Personally if I don't agree with something I wouldn't want to push it on someone else to prove a point.

And its not an odds thing. It's how the system is designed. Its designed to punish the bad/wrong while leave discretion for good.

Example: stop signs/red lights. A guy who runs a red light doing 40mph during rush hour. Even if he makes it without accident he just put a lot of people at risk. Cite.

A person who just barely misses the light at 6am on his way to work and no one is on the road. Warning.

"Odds" are you're (general) person B. So you rarely get cited if ever and hence the reason your ok with the system.

According to you it seems everyone must get the citation regardless of circumstances. Please don't become a cop I'd feel bad for your town.

twoskinsonemanns

It's how the system is designed. Its designed to punish the bad/wrong while leave discretion for good.
Am i missing something?

Yeah if you believe that you are definitely missing something.
Do you truly believe, as your example implies, that only folks that are being dangerous get tickets and people that are only slightly violating the law safely get warnings?
Even with your confessed vocation I cannot believe you are that ignorant.

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

Ok. So let me get this straight.... You disagree with law X so you believe everyone should be screwed by law X at all times? Am i missing something?

This 594 is a great example. A lot of guys disagree with it. So they are advocating it gets enforced towards EVERYTHING such as nail guns.

I just can't wrap my head around it.... Personally if I don't agree with something I wouldn't want to push it on someone else to prove a point.

And its not an odds thing. It's how the system is designed. Its designed to punish the bad/wrong while leave discretion for good.

Example: stop signs/red lights. A guy who runs a red light doing 40mph during rush hour. Even if he makes it without accident he just put a lot of people at risk. Cite.

A person who just barely misses the light at 6am on his way to work and no one is on the road. Warning.

"Odds" are you're (general) person B. So you rarely get cited if ever and hence the reason your ok with the system.

According to you it seems everyone must get the citation regardless of circumstances. Please don't become a cop I'd feel bad for your town.

Because no cop or chief has declared they will not enforce it because it is UN-constitutional.

They are simply going to selectively enforce it... due to financial convenience and race/class.

Justice is a blind prostitute.

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

Yeah if you believe that you are definitely missing something.
Do you truly believe, as your example implies, that only folks that are being dangerous get tickets and people that are only slightly violating the law safely get warnings?
Even with your confessed vocation I cannot believe you are that ignorant.

I relish it. We're getting insight to the twisted, convoluted thought process of your average Law Enforcement Officer.