• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Civil Disobediance

Primus

Yeah if you believe that you are definitely missing something.
Do you truly believe, as your example implies, that only folks that are being dangerous get tickets and people that are only slightly violating the law safely get warnings?
Even with your confessed vocation I cannot believe you are that ignorant.
No I don't believe that's what ALWAYS happens. I believe that's A) what SHOULD happen and B) that's better then your theory of everyone should suffer.

Primus

I relish it. We're getting insight to the twisted, convoluted thought process of your average Law Enforcement Officer.
Lmao I'm twisted and convoluted?

Have you not seen dudes on here proposing citizens arrest for passing off guns? Lol

And I'm the dude saying it shouldnt be enforced. Yea crazy twisted.... Lol

I love you guys. Always good for a chuckle.

Dave_pro2a

No I don't believe that's what ALWAYS happens. I believe that's A) what SHOULD happen and B) that's better then your theory of everyone should suffer.

Everyone should suffer from unconstitutional laws -- equally.

Everyone should break unconstitutional laws.

LEO should refuse to enforce unconstitutional laws.

Politicians should not pass unconstitutional laws.

Ahh fairy tales for my children.

Reality is we live in a crappy country, run by crappy politicians, who pass crappy laws, enforced by crappy cops and we all have a crappy future. GDP baby, national debt, outsourced manufacturing. We're worse than Charlie Sheen on a crack binge.

One things for sure: Dems or Repubs, we're gonna getting screwed.

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

Lmao I'm twisted and convoluted?

Have you not seen dudes on here proposing citizens arrest for passing off guns? Lol

And I'm the dude saying it shouldnt be enforced. Yea crazy twisted.... Lol

I love you guys. Always good for a chuckle.

Yes it's stupid to expect 'the system' to be logically consistent -- and to follow either the law or the Constitution.

I agree.

twoskinsonemanns

Yes everyone should suffer equally as apposed to selective "justice".
Anyway If everyone was inflicted the same we would see massive resistance to the infliction I believe.

My guess is that 95%-100% of commuters purposely or inadvertently violate some driving rule every day they commute. The system lets you pick off a small percentage and milk the public to fund your thuggery.
As long as the odds are in your favor your okay with it. But let's see people getting tickets 2-3 times a month for going 2 miles an hour over the speed limit and I see a system crash.

Dave_pro2a

Anyway If everyone was inflicted the same we would see massive resistance to the infliction I believe.

My guess is that 95%-100% of commuters purposely or inadvertently violate some driving rule every day they commute. The system lets you pick off a small percentage and milk the public to fund your thuggery.
As long as the odds are in your favor your okay with it. But let's see people getting tickets 2-3 times a month for going 2 miles an hour over the speed limit and I see a system crash.

If actually enforcing the law, causes the legal system to grind to a halt, it's a sign of a systemic failure.

Idiots gonna be all "but that ain't so."

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/10/09/us-speed-trap-city-disbands-police/ Let Primus explain how that story fits into his fantasy narrative.

Or this http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/10/u...list-when-deciding-which-assets-to-seize.html

Or this http://onlineathens.com/opinion/2014-11-14/dodd-policing-profit-through-asset-forfeiture No conviction? We'll still pown your property! Ahh land of the 'assumed innocent until convicted...' Ahh crap, another Nationalistic fairy tale.

Primus

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/10/09/us-speed-trap-city-disbands-police/ Let Primus explain how that story fits into his fantasy narrative.

Or this http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/10/u...list-when-deciding-which-assets-to-seize.html

Or this http://onlineathens.com/opinion/2014-11-14/dodd-policing-profit-through-asset-forfeiture No conviction? We'll still pown your property! Ahh land of the 'assumed innocent until convicted...' Ahh crap, another Nationalistic fairy tale.
Lol I was waiting to get to this point in the "discussion". Nothing for me to explain. Post away boys. Post some cool videos of police brutality or speed traps or blah blah blah.

Doesn't change anything. I'm not even impressed, I've heard much better arguments. Some from other guys right on this forum. :D

Dave_pro2a

Lol I was waiting to get to this point in the "discussion". Nothing for me to explain. Post away boys. Post some cool videos of police brutality or speed traps or blah blah blah.

Doesn't change anything. I'm not even impressed, I've heard much better arguments. Some from other guys right on this forum. :D

As previously stated, eventually that defense mechanism will fail you.

Dave_pro2a

This is what happens when people obey the speed limit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoETMCosULQ

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1588989/posts?page=206
David Spear, a spokesman for the state Department of Transportation, said if the students weren't blocking emergency vehicles and were going the speed limit, "they didn't do a thing wrong." Spear added that the speed limit was lowered to 55 because it saves lives. "In Atlanta, the actual effect of it is we expect the people going 75 to move over so the people going 95 can have the right of way," he said.

Genius. They know that no one will actually drive 55, so they hope people drive 75 and stay out of the way of the 95mph crowd.

Genius.

Well, except that part where everyone becomes a lawbreaker -- unless the REAL goal is generating revenue, and creating a trumped up excuse to initiate fishing expeditions for seizures (which personally benefit the officers and their agency).

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

I hope not. I genuinely enjoy a good laugh. Life's too short to be humorless. :p

Like I said: when you lose the ability to laugh off the system's moral turpitude, then your chance of suicide likely skyrockets.

Last edited:

Primus

Squeak

Primus, I'd like to ask you a question. Your post count is close to 10 posts per day. Do you have a job? I mean, I'm retired and I don't have THAT much time to be on a forum. Just curious.

Primus

Primus, I'd like to ask you a question. Your post count is close to 10 posts per day. Do you have a job? I mean, I'm retired and I don't have THAT much time to be on a forum. Just curious.
Takes me maybe 5-10 seconds for average post. So max 100 seconds. That's 1.5 minutes per day.

If your retired and don't have 1.5 minutes to spare I'm sorry to hear that.....

Hell even it I took a full minute to type a post that's 10 minutes per day.

Add: if your doing research you might've noticed it's all being done from phone. So easy to be mobile and do it. :D

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
So now people with a high post count and high average per day are suspect? :lol: :lol:

Primus

Ahhhh but you are magically exempt from the texting while driving law so you can still use your phone to post all day long but only when you are in your magically exempt authorized emergency vehicle.
I don't work days my love :p. Oh and there is no exemption for us and texting. So if u want move up here get sworn in and cite some guys for texting. :rolleyes: