• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Civil Disobediance

Primus

I'm doing more about exposing this ridiculous law for what it is than just trusting that police officers won't enforce it. What are you doing about this law other than posting in a forum specific to a state that you don't even reside in and telling us "Don't worry about it, LEO won't do anything to you if you violate it."
Why expose it? Just turn yourself in and get it canned completely. Itd be fairpy easy it seems. I'm sure plenty of guys here would chip in cash. Hell I'd even donate a portion of a few classes towards it.

The Truth

Your comprehension of case law is slightly disturbing. How do you expect to win your case if you turn yourself in? You truly believe that is the most effective course of action? Seriously man, think about it. Real hard, but not too hard.

And don't say you're just trolling or kidding. If you are, please stop spouting off inane BS. No one thinks you're funny. These local guys have tried to subtly suggest you GTFO. I tend to agree. General Discussion or MA OC is where most of your posts belong.

Primus

Your comprehension of case law is slightly disturbing. How do you expect to win your case if you turn yourself in? You truly believe that is the most effective course of action? Seriously man, think about it. Real hard, but not too hard.

And don't say you're just trolling or kidding. If you are, please stop spouting off inane BS. No one thinks you're funny. These local guys have tried to subtly suggest you GTFO. I tend to agree. General Discussion or MA OC is where most of your posts belong.
Actually refer to where I said he could citizens arrest and bring a friend in then request charges. Read before you post....

And why wouldn't you be able to win a case if you did turn yourself in?

And when you get your shiny moderator badge you and anyone else can dictate what forum or sub forum I post in. Until then you can kick rocks. Or not. I'm ok with either option. Just a waste of your time.

Don't lose sight this started as me asking a legit question and devolved into the usual stupidity because guys are too inept (that's me being subtle) to see passed their biases.

Primus

Also its funny an out of stater (you) is telling another out of stater (me) to leave. Especially since I'm actually trying to discuss the topic and OP. All you've done is step in to address me, which certainly isn't in your job description and is off-topic further wrecking the thread and valid ideas that were put forth.

See the irony yet? If not I'll try to slow down for you.. Maybe some stick figures? :D

Primus

I'm quoting his avatar. He's "1*"
You do realize it means 1 Astrix. Or 1 a** to risk. Meaning it refers to my a**. Possessive. To try and twist that into call me an a** sounds kinda stupid brother... I hope you can do better then that... But maybe not.

P.s. if you wish to do better please take it to PM. I don't mind making you cry there but Grape has already asked nicely to knock this crap off.

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

You do realize it means 1 Astrix. Or 1 a** to risk. Meaning it refers to my a**. Possessive. To try and twist that into call me an a** sounds kinda stupid brother... I hope you can do better then that... But maybe not.

P.s. if you wish to do better please take it to PM. I don't mind making you cry there but Grape has already asked nicely to knock this crap off.

I admit the risk to officers is real. It's hard not to remember the risks officers such as Corporal Bryon K. Dickson II and Reinhard Heydrich took for the protection of their beliefs. God bless you each and every one.

Last edited:

Difdi

Think - would you have it the other way, where an officer was required under any and all circumstances to perfect an arrest?

Yes, absolutely. Why? Because when they have probable cause that a crime has been committed, they're supposed to be making arrests. The problem is that quite a few of them don't actually know what the law says and make arrests without probable cause, which is a crime in itself, that should always result in another arrest --theirs!

sudden valley gunner

Because I have a wife and daughter to support and I am not going to risk them living in poverty due to having to spend $100Ks to defend myself in court, that's why. As I stated earlier, I have no faith in "officer discretion" and "selective prosecution" to keep me out of jail due to this ridiculous law. And there are plenty of judges like Fred Bonner who would jump at any chance to give any gun owner max punishment for anything they can make up.

+1 The violent coercion of the state with practically unlimited funds stolen from others is what leads to tyranny and why most people just go along to get along, we can't afford it.

Dave_pro2a

+1 The violent coercion of the state with practically unlimited funds stolen from others is what leads to tyranny and why most people just go along to get along, we can't afford it.

You mean the fact the state:

Selectively enforces laws to maximize conviction rates
Has an unlimited budget for attorneys and investigators
Has the brutal ability to stack on charges ad nauseum
Then has the twisted soul to uses the power differential to force bad plea bargains onto victims
And everyone knows that is the laws were fairly and uniformly applied, the courts would grind to a halt, the jails would be at 5000% over crowding.

IDK, any of that factors into your reasoning for not wanting to shove your head into the devils mouth, but your decision seems reasonable to me.

Primus

Yes, absolutely. Why? Because when they have probable cause that a crime has been committed, they're supposed to be making arrests. The problem is that quite a few of them don't actually know what the law says and make arrests without probable cause, which is a crime in itself, that should always result in another arrest --theirs!
Missing most important part..... Intent.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
http://gunssavelives.net/blog/gun-l...ail&utm_term=0_eaeaa815c4-652356a54c-65817873

Washington State Patrol spokesman Bob Calkins says troopers have no plans to arrest anyone.
“We’re not sure we can prove that’s a transfer under the law,” Calkins says. “And we really try to be very accommodating of people who come to the state capitol to express political opinions, engage in free speech.”
However, Calkins says the state patrol is asking demonstrators to practice “good firearm safety practices” by handling guns safely and not pointing them at others or intimidating people.
Calkins says the state patrol doesn’t expect any problems. But troopers will be on hand to monitor the protest and step in if protesters do other things that violate the law or intimidate other capitol visitors.

So........ a "decision" has been made.

OC for ME

Unfortunately intimidation is a claimed effect and not an action committed.
The mere presence of a a bunch of cops where no crime is being committed is intimidating...but, cops with their guns are exempt under the law. In fact, cops are supposed to intimidate, just ask them, that is how modern LE is accomplished these days

Why do you think some cops, acting egregiously unacceptably, yell profanities at law abiding citizens when they unjustly detain, restrain, and confine said law abiding citizens.

Primus

Because I have a wife and daughter to support and I am not going to risk them living in poverty due to having to spend $100Ks to defend myself in court, that's why. As I stated earlier, I have no faith in "officer discretion" and "selective prosecution" to keep me out of jail due to this ridiculous law. And there are plenty of judges like Fred Bonner who would jump at any chance to give any gun owner max punishment for anything they can make up.
Understandable reasons you won't martyr yourself for the cause. So see if you can get a young friend without the same concerns. I've offered to pitch in and I'm certain others would also pitch in.

mikeyb

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/gun-l...ail&utm_term=0_eaeaa815c4-652356a54c-65817873

Washington State Patrol spokesman Bob Calkins says troopers have no plans to arrest anyone.
“We’re not sure we can prove that’s a transfer under the law,” Calkins says. “And we really try to be very accommodating of people who come to the state capitol to express political opinions, engage in free speech.”

So........ a "decision" has been made.

Seriously? The "law" seems pretty unambiguous to me:
"Transfer" means the intended delivery of a firearm to another person without consideration of payment or promise of payment including, but not limited to, gifts and loans.

mikeyb

And the B.S. gets even deeper:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2014/nov/13/gun-rights-activists-plan-i-594-protest-at-capitol/

Now wait a minute.... 2 and 2 are adding up to 3 here. How permanent does a loan have to be to become a transfer? I loan my gun to my friend on capitol grounds and that isn't enough of a loan to be a transfer....what if I loan my gun to my friend at my house and they leave my house to go to the shooting range for the day without me...is that loan permanent enough to become a transfer? Officer Calkins, I am very confused....

And cops clearly know the law, and are charged with interpreting the law. Yeah, I'm gonna trust Calkins on that one (sarcasm).

:cuss: