• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Clerks that don't follow the code

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I'd like to thank Peter Nap who also visited the clerk with me that day, he seems to have been left out in the alert.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

Peter Nap is the unsung hero of many such events. He's Johny on the spot and makes good use of his audio/video equipment - no one escapes the truth of his recordings.

builtjeep

Looks like Ed has gone to work on this as well.... :lol:

clerkbraxton.jpg

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'd like to thank Peter Nap who also visited the clerk with me that day, he seems to have been left out in the alert.

Actually I don't deserve any credit in any of these. The real 50 pound Gorilla in this is Grapeshot. He took the time to go there, try to get it resolved in person...not just by email, and when that didn't work, take it to the full VCDL board.

If it weren't for him this would still be idling!

This is often the case with these things, most resolved and no one knows the trouble Dale or Skidmark went through to fix them.

The real power in this state are those that are the least concerned with getting lots of pictures of themselves published.

builtjeep

Grape definitely deserves all the credit he's gotten and more, I just wanted to make sure that your contribution was recognized as well. In truth there are many, both here and with VCDL, without whom I would be going this alone. I thank all for the support I've received and hope that I may have the opportunity to repay in kind.

builtjeep

I should probably check with my attorney first, but it should probably be public record by now. Once I have the okay I will post the documents.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Always!

I just get a kick out of reading legal documents that tell the gun grabbers how wrong they are. :) Is that a weakness?

TFred

I think it is a malady from which many of us suffer equally.

One of the symptoms is a distinctive upward curve to the corners of the mouth.

builtjeep

I think it is a malady from which many of us suffer equally.

One of the symptoms is a distinctive upward curve to the corners of the mouth.

Indeed, I've read many other filings with glee, but none so much as my own.

It is however, a slightly tainted glee, as I'd much prefer that things simply went smoothly and according to law.

Glockster

It is however, a slightly tainted glee, as I'd much prefer that things simply went smoothly and according to law.

When going through a protracted lawsuit (lasting for more than four years) I uttered this quote quite a few times:

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Therein rests to simple, unvarnished best case scenerio.....the way it is supposed to be.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Therein rests to simple, unvarnished best case scenerio.....the way it is supposed to be.

That is precisely why we need teeth in laws. There need to be serious repercussions for public officials disobeying the law and they should be available at no cost to the injured party.

I spoke to Cuccinelli about this a few weeks ago and was surprised to find that they are monitoring cases that involve people charged with Concealed who are simply obeying the secure container law. I wonder what else he monitors?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
That is precisely why we need teeth in laws. There need to be serious repercussions for public officials disobeying the law and they should be available at no cost to the injured party.

I spoke to Cuccinelli about this a few weeks ago and was surprised to find that they are monitoring cases that involve people charged with Concealed who are simply obeying the secure container law. I wonder what else he monitors?
Shouldn't be too surprised but that this sub-forum is on a staff member's daily reading list. Other than the Va-Alert there is no other reliable, responsible source of information on the RKBA in Virginia - we are the pulse of the people.

riverrat10k

Grapeshot deserves much more credit than he will allow us.

Slightly, OT, I recently renewed my CHP in the City of Richmond. You would think they would be a problem, but it has never been so for me. I went in person between field work, and the only interesting thing was when I mentioned that I was in the window to have the new permission slip renewed on the anniversery date. The clerk asked me "How do you know about that? You are right."

I said with gun ownership comes responsibility. She smiled and said "You should get your new one in a couple of weeks."