• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Combs-Getting my M1 back

HKcarrier

So you're talking about the class you likely took 20 years ago and that's "people are starting to change the way they think"?

That would be HUNTERS... as in WOODED carry... dude... seriously? What you learned in hunter's safety... even if it was this year, has ZERO application to what we were talking about.

It was last year.

Ummm....

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Urban down - if ND happens most feel it is better to have a hi volicity round hit the ground vs going up then coming back down and maybe whacking some poor slob in the melon. :what::eek:

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek:

Last edited:

HKcarrier

Urban down - if ND happens most feel it is better to have a hi volicity round hit the ground vs going up then coming back down and maybe whacking some poor slob in the melon. :what::eek:

:

Or going into a tall building... or going thru the ceiling... or going into the face of the bloke next to you.... etc... Head wounds are more serious than leg/foot.

Hevymetal

Let's get you a handgun. I have a Glock 27 (Gen 3) I'd be willing to sell YOU on the cheap (let's say $250). Anyone else got a handgun they are willing to part with at a more than reasonable price for this champion of Liberty?

Sean, DO EEET :) that's a geat deal.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek:

i guess they're not figuring on what happens to a round that hits the ground and ricochets

HKcarrier

i guess they're not figuring on what happens to a round that hits the ground and ricochets

FWIW I was always taught muzzle up cause of the potential of a ricochet. But I guess whatever is most comfortable to the individual. I can see both methods as having merit.

VERY unlikely a .223 is going to ricochet... of course it will cause lots of shrapnel and fragments.... I would venture a guess that the vast majority of rounds are going to smash to smithereens upon hitting the ground. Then again, anything's possible.

Yance

I could donate a few dollars towards Sean buying Qs Glock.

At the very least its a good pistol to start with and carry until he can get something else

I can have $40 towards Q's Glock for Sean, any one else?

lil_freak_66

id cover $10, ive shot it before and works flawlessly, he told me 350 for it as the friend price, so what he is offering for you is a steal, especially compared to what they usually sell for.

Last edited:

jegoodin

I could donate a few dollars towards Sean buying Qs Glock.

At the very least its a good pistol to start with and carry until he can get something else

I can have $40 towards Q's Glock for Sean, any one else?

If someone sets up a paypal acct for the cause, I'll donate $25. (but only because I love my G27, carry it regularly, and think everyone should have one!)

SVI7

You guys are way to generous! Sean already really appreciates all the support and I can only imagine how much it means to him that people would actually be willing to put up their own money for him to buy a gun. If anyone truly wants to send him some money, for Q's Glock or otherwise, I would be willing to collect it for him. You can send it to my paypal account: pmcombs7@gmail.com. Don't worry, I will make sure he gets it ;)

Pat
(Sean's brother that bought him the Garand that got him into this mess in the first place)