• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed carry at Safeco Field - MOVED TO WASHINGTON FORUM

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Something to consider on this issue, if you rent or lease a piece of property, you have control over that during that period of time and can restrict who ever or what ever you want as long as it does not violate the law, Prohibiting firearms as a lessee is not violating the law as they are in legal control of that property and as citizen they would not be violating State Law by doing so.
If the City, County or Municipality required the firearms restriction, that is violating state preemption.
On the same note the lessee is only a request and does not carry the weight of law and you can only be asked to leave and if you do not then it is trespass.

I wish it was different but for now it is something we live with.

Just as see by gogo carrying concealed, if he was to be found out then again no violation of law.

Last edited:

amlevin

I just wanted to say that because they are leasing Public Land they have to abide by State Law, and Preemption, it would be like me renting a park, and banning little kids from playing on the swings, you dont have the right to ask any one on public land to do anything, unless they are violating the city or state law, and any attempt of a lease holder of public lands to violate your Constitutional rights can result in the revocation of their lease!!!

If someone leases a piece of Public Land, unless the lease specifys their use is NOT exclusive, they have the right to do anything they want with the land that doesn't violate the terms of the lease.

Please cite any regulation to the contrary. As Big Dave stated, a lease gives the lessee the same rights and privileges to use that land as one who owns it subject to the terms and duration of the lease. Preemption only applies to governments, not to land temporarily leased to a private party.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Searches...

Now at the Mariner's games... it's typically a very light bag check. Hint: don't carry a bag. Make someone else in your party carry the bag...

At the Seahawk's Game... I have been patted down around the waist. Hint: don't carry it around the waist.

Correct, I have been patted down around the waist at a Hawk's game, generally I carry on the angle or in my back pocket.

Once at a Hawk's game I was wearing a baseball cap and they wanted me to lift it off and show what was underneath the cap (i.e. my messy hair). I refused. They called a supervisor, I refused. I asked that the call the sheriff that was near by. After some questions I had on why they needed to see under my cap I tipped my cap and went in, carrying my Keltec.

SigPacker

I usually carry either my S&W 642 357 Magnum in a smartcarry holster - or my 229 in a Galco Sky_op tuckable to Qwest field sounders games - no problems...

jt59

Diversion is an art

Correct, I have been patted down around the waist at a Hawk's game, generally I carry on the angle or in my back pocket.

Once at a Hawk's game I was wearing a baseball cap and they wanted me to lift it off and show what was underneath the cap (i.e. my messy hair). I refused. They called a supervisor, I refused. I asked that the call the sheriff that was near by. After some questions I had on why they needed to see under my cap I tipped my cap and went in, carrying my Keltec.

Clever boy!

I want to know who is the person traveling with you all the time taking these pictures?

KBCraig

Nice misdirection. They just knew you had something under that hat!

LibertyDeath

I'm currently a Safeco field and I didn't see a single mention of firearms at all. Tobacco is listed though.

aeffb228-47f9-fcf1.jpg

LibertyDeath

Maybe a Diabetic fan. Had to adjust his blood sugar due to the extra beers he consumed. ;)

Maybe if insulin was a dirty brown color. I would hope even the most careless diabetic would at least cap it and find a sharps container. Considering that and the color I am confident it was a drug needle. Pisses me off considering it was in a stall and a curious kids could have easily stuck himself with it.

Aryk45XD

Century Link!?

so what happens when a corp purchases the field taxpayers mainly paid for? Doweget a refund or continue to pay on the current contract? I'm wondering if CL is going to install metal detectors and patdowns. It's a nice field, but I don't see how a private corp can buy it from the city when our taxes paid for it.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
so what happens when a corp purchases the field taxpayers mainly paid for? Doweget a refund or continue to pay on the current contract? I'm wondering if CL is going to install metal detectors and patdowns. It's a nice field, but I don't see how a private corp can buy it from the city when our taxes paid for it.

1st...wrong ballpark.

2nd....Century Link purchased the 'naming rights' to the field next door where the Seahawks play.

Aryk45XD

1st...wrong ballpark.

2nd....Century Link purchased the 'naming rights' to the field next door where the Seahawks play.

Thanks for the clarification Gogo. I only scaned the story before work this morning before my cup of joe. I'm also still not familiar with all of Seattle, although I had great seats for the LA Angles getting beat weekend before last. :D

phenixdragon

Worst they can do is tell you to leave.

Actually this is not the worst thing. The worst thing is that the cops show up when you refuse and if the cops do not protect YOUR rights. You have a right to conceal carry into the stadium and if you are asked to leave and arrested/shot at if you do not, than your own rights have been violated. I have talked to a couple of cops who do not work in Seattle and they even admitted that they probably would remove you if you didn't leave. They saw it as it is less of a problem to deal with to have your rights infringed on instead of having the stadium people freak out about someone carrying. They saw it as an issue for a judge to figure out, which is a big issue with me as the police are there to also protect my rights not to infringe and be a lazy cop by doing what is "easier" for them to deal with and also to be lazy and let a judge figure it out.

tombrewster421

Actually this is not the worst thing. The worst thing is that the cops show up when you refuse and if the cops do not protect YOUR rights. You have a right to conceal carry into the stadium and if you are asked to leave and arrested/shot at if you do not, than your own rights have been violated. I have talked to a couple of cops who do not work in Seattle and they even admitted that they probably would remove you if you didn't leave. They saw it as it is less of a problem to deal with to have your rights infringed on instead of having the stadium people freak out about someone carrying. They saw it as an issue for a judge to figure out, which is a big issue with me as the police are there to also protect my rights not to infringe and be a lazy cop by doing what is "easier" for them to deal with and also to be lazy and let a judge figure it out.

What stupid logic! How is creating a bunch of paperwork for yourself in order to "let a judge figure it out" easier than telling the stadium security that you are within your rights and to leave you alone?

phenixdragon

What stupid logic! How is creating a bunch of paperwork for yourself in order to "let a judge figure it out" easier than telling the stadium security that you are within your rights and to leave you alone?

Cops say all the time how they will let the judge figure it out. I don't disagree that it would be easier if they just tell security that this is the law/right and leave it at that but many won't.

But paperwork, all depends and much of the paperwork these days, they just copy and paste the majority of it all. The thing is that many cops are ignorant about many laws such as this and they don't want to deal with the stadium security complaining and escalating the issue. To the cops, it would be easier to arrest you if they must and let the judge figure it out. And remember, they get paid for paperwork. Just like at my job I don't complain about work that I would equivalent to paperwork because it is part of my job. Others I work with hate it and stress about the hard times but I just see it as part of what I am paid for.