• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed carry at Safeco Field - MOVED TO WASHINGTON FORUM

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Actually this is not the worst thing. The worst thing is that the cops show up when you refuse and if the cops do not protect YOUR rights. You have a right to conceal carry into the stadium and if you are asked to leave and arrested/shot at if you do not, than your own rights have been violated. I have talked to a couple of cops who do not work in Seattle and they even admitted that they probably would remove you if you didn't leave. They saw it as it is less of a problem to deal with to have your rights infringed on instead of having the stadium people freak out about someone carrying. They saw it as an issue for a judge to figure out, which is a big issue with me as the police are there to also protect my rights not to infringe and be a lazy cop by doing what is "easier" for them to deal with and also to be lazy and let a judge figure it out.

What stupid logic! How is creating a bunch of paperwork for yourself in order to "let a judge figure it out" easier than telling the stadium security that you are within your rights and to leave you alone?

It really is easier,,, to just to arrest everybody/anybody for anything/everything without thought...
I mean,,, really,,,, why should a cop know the Law??

Shoot them all,,,, and let God sort them out,,, right???

Eventually more cops with this attitude will be sued with a USC 42 1983 case,,,
they can loose thier a$$, thier Jobs, Thier house, and all else,
Over a 20 minute deprivation of rights...

phenixdragon

It really is easier,,, to just to arrest everybody/anybody for anything/everything without thought...
I mean,,, really,,,, why should a cop know the Law??

Shoot them all,,,, and let God sort them out,,, right???

Eventually more cops with this attitude will be sued with a USC 42 1983 case,,,
they can loose thier a$$, thier Jobs, Thier house, and all else,
Over a 20 minute deprivation of rights...

Sadly they generally don't lose anything besides maybe getting a paid or unpaid vacation. The guy I am working with tonight was just talking about this where his parents were both cops and generally you are lucky just to get an apology.

And cops do not know all the laws out there. Heck, I have a couple of traffic tickets dismissed because they didn't know the law properly.

I don't know why the argument. All I am saying is that many cops will rather deprive you of your rights because it is easier for them at that time. Many do say “let the judge figure it out”. Have you ever watched a TV show Cops? Happens on there. While I use to agree with that and still do understand why this is, I disagree with it today and they have a duty to protect all rights.

What ideally needs to happen is someone to be seen concealing and security asking you to leave. That person needs to refused, have the police involved and if they police force you to leave or arrest you than that needs to be taken to court. The problem is most of us aren’t going to want to deal with this in court or have the funds. But basically someone needs to have their right infringed. I don’t agree with that route either but is probably the only way to have it clarified.

badkarma

Doing some research.

Safeco Field, located in Seattle Washington: Owner: Washington-King County Stadium Authority
About PSA

The Washington State Public Stadium Authority (PSA) was created by Referendum 48, a ballot initiative passed by voters authorizing use of public funds to build a Stadium and Exhibition Center. Here you can find background on the PSA and those dedicated to making sure the public's interest is effectively represented in the operation and management of the state-of-the-art facility.

The PSA's mission is to represent the public's interest in owning CenturyLink Field & Event Center and overseeing First & Goal Inc.'s operation of the facility for the benefit of all Washington state citizens.

In pursuit of this mission, the PSA will work to ensure that CenturyLink Field & Event Center:
Is accessible and of high quality.
Provides economic and entertainment benefits to residents across the state of Washington.
Attracts families and individuals of all incomes and interests.
Is an asset and symbol of pride to its residential and business neighbors and to all Washington state residents.
Remains a showcase that will attract national and international sports, entertainment and trade events and visitors for many decades to come.
Serves as a national model for public-private partnerships.

Board of Directors Meetings

Washington State Public Stadium Authority Board of Directors Meetings
The PSA Board of Directors conducts a regular meeting on the 4th Thursday of each month at 12:30 p.m., at the PSA Office at CenturyLink Field, 800 Occidental Ave. S., Seattle, WA. Meeting notices are sent out in advance of the meetings and when meeting times and schedules are changed. If you would like to be added to the PSA mailing list to receive meeting notifications please send a request to psa@stadium.org.

Community Partnership Forum Meetings
The Community Partnership Forum is a quarterly meeting hosted by First & Goal and the PSA. Meeting participants include representatives from the PSA, First & Goal, and the Project's three surrounding neighborhoods: the Duwamish, the Chinatown/International District, and Pioneer Square.

The meetings are held quarterly on the third Monday of the month (or the 4th Monday if the 3rd Monday falls on a holiday) from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the PSA offices in the Stadium. For more information, please call 206-381-7940.

and finally from Safeco
W

Weapons
For the safety of all guests, weapons will not be permitted in Safeco Field. The only exception to this is law enforcement personnel in the performance of their official duties. The presenter of a game ticket consents to a reasonable search for weapons before entering. Failure to comply with the above conditions will result in no admittance or ejection.

Do we really need to purchase tickets and get thrown out to get our questions answered? Any chance we can just show up to their meeting and ask them?

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Doing some research.
Safeco Field, located in Seattle Washington: Owner: Washington-King County Stadium Authority

and finally from Safeco

Do we really need to purchase tickets and get thrown out to get our questions answered? Any chance we can just show up to their meeting and ask them?

In case it helps with your 'research', I have the King County Stadium Authority Master Lease.

You can view it on my skydrive, in 4 different pdf files: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=EAECB6BB8CE1D11B!177&authkey=!ADMPixapK1qqjxY

Jeff Hayes

"Weapons
For the safety of all guests, weapons will not be permitted in Safeco Field. The only exception to this is law enforcement personnel in the performance of their official duties. The presenter of a game ticket consents to a reasonable search for weapons before entering. Failure to comply with the above conditions will result in no admittance or ejection."

This is a violation of RCW 9.41.290 & 300 unless of course they were to exempt CPL holders.

The various Stadium & Arena municipalities hide behind several rulings, Cherry v Seattle and PNSPA v Sequim, that allow them to act as a business and thus can regulate firearms. The problem as I see it is there is no exception in 290 for when they are acting as a business. The state legislature clearly intended for CPL holders to be able to carry a pistol in Stadiums and Arenas. In Cherry the court ruled on an employee carrying a firearm, in PNSPA the court ruled on rules imposed on the ability to use the facility.

To my knowledge the none of these cases have ruled on the ability of the general public to carry a firearm in these venues.