• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cracker Barrel

SpringerXDacp

Most likely, they're referring to uniformed security guards. Although why them, and not CPL holders, I'll never understand. Most armed security guards in this state don't have anymore training than a CPL holder does.

There are some that don't even have a CPL, usually due to the age (21+) requirement. Others for CPL violations Other than that, yes true statement, very true. Unless of course, you consider reading SWAT and Handgunner magazines "training." :lol:

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
There are some that don't even have a CPL, usually due to the age (21+) requirement. Others for CPL violations Other than that, yes true statement, very true. Unless of course, you consider reading SWAT and Handgunner magazines "training." :lol:
To say I was surprised when I found out, would be putting it mildly. I first started working security in Illinois, which requires 40 hours of training to work as an armed guard. And not by any fly by night out fit either. Then again, Illinois doesn't "allow" concealed carry by their citizens. I just found it very odd, when I started working security here. Frankly, it frightened me a bit to think that some one could work as an armed guard with only the CPL training, or worse.

Ezerharden

I worked armed security for 13 years and we had quarterly weapons training along with use of force training. As to Cracker Barrel, gonna miss the food but I will not patronize them so long as they want to disarm me.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
I worked armed security for 13 years and we had quarterly weapons training along with use of force training. As to Cracker Barrel, gonna miss the food but I will not patronize them so long as they want to disarm me.
I presume that was mandated by the company. Sounds like you worked for a decent security company. Unfortunately, not all security companies are that dedicated to the industry. Even the ones I worked for in Illinois figured, if you have the state mandated training, that's all they were concerned about.

As far as Cracker Barrel, I've only been there once or twice in the last 30 years, so no big deal to me. There are plenty of local eateries I can go to that have no problem with my OCed pistol. :)