• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Craziest thing you have heard While you were Oc'ing

MKEgal

She then asks in that same little voice "are you the Po Po"

[rant] Why is it some adults cannot manage to speak like adults, & instead use baby talk? "Da po-po"?? What, you can't get your mouth around the word "police"?? It's the same number of syllables, and easier to say. [/rant]

The funniest thing I've heard so far happened last night at Home Despot. I'd gone past an associate 3 times, the last time piloting a cart with something large & heavy, and he offered to help me load it in the car, then asked "what's with the..." and gestured to my hip.

Me: self-defense
him: oh, I just wondered (flags down another passing associate) Hey, look here - the first woman I've ever seen packing!

We had a nice little conversation for several minutes. He seems to be highly in favor of armed self-defense. BTW, neither of them seemed the least little bit alarmed, nor did anyone else in the store.

Last edited:

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
BTW, neither of them seemed the least little bit alarmed, nor did anyone else in the store.

Based on your experience, and that of some others, one is tempted to conclude that the "alarm" is mostly experienced by a few of the "armed but alarmed" police officers.

Mlutz

Was asked tonight, "Is that real?" Got to use the line, "It wouldnt do me much good if it wasnt." :D Who ever posted that earlier, Thank you. :)

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
Him: "Dude, what's up with the piece?"

Me: Piece?

Him: "Yea, whats up with the gun?"

Me: Oh, for a minute there, I thought you were talking about her (the associate who came in the door with me).

LMAO

Mlutz

Him: "Dude, what's up with the piece?"

Me: Piece?

Him: "Yea, whats up with the gun?"

Me: Oh, for a minute there, I thought you were talking about her (the associate who came in the door with me).

LMAO

I like that, was she cute? :D

Motofixxer

I just had the best comment so far. I was at a local restaurant called Fazoli's, maybe you have heard of it. I was standing there grabbing my tray of food. And there is a lady standing next to me grabbing her To Go order. As I turn around to walk away at the same time she does, I pause to let her walk past and she says "And thank you for your service." I just smiled and started walking away, since she was walking away too. I thought it was comical, apparently she thinks only cops carry guns.

tronson

craziest thing ever heard while oc from a cop "thank you for excersizing your rights. I won't be bothering you."