• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Declaration of Independence

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

33itmefs wrote:
I am so thoroughly disgusted and disillusioned that only 3 or 4 of you responded to this post. I didnt see one OCer there in my 5 or 6 hours there, and trust me I looked. This document set us apart as a nation. It is one of the things you guys continuously spout about and partially refer to with your rights. For me, seeing it was a spiritual experience as well as an intellectual one. For those of you who went, please post that you did. And I do not lump you in the group I am talking about next, Ihold you in high esteem. For anyone else who did not, I lost all respect for you, this board and this movement. If you didnt make the time to go, you should not have the privilege to use the Bill of Rights, the Declaration of Independence or any other historical document to back up your sill little OC fantasy. Hows this for "educating", those of you who didnt go, are ignorant imbeciles who dont appreciate what you use. I equate you to smarmy politicians who say what everyone wantsto hear, but once you make your point, you lie and backspin your way out of it,How about you start OCing the Bill of Rights at your next meet-up, maybe you can sway your comrades into being more than just little OC lemmings, really practicing what you preach. Ireally was behind your movement, just not how it was executed. Now I am not for you individuals. Shame on you, for you have spit on your country. Hows that for education UTAH OCers?
I've got my own copy at home thank you very much.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

Hey I want to start off by saying that I agree with both of you TJ I know deep down you are very commited to the same cause as me. Now 33itmefshas very valid points as well. I see where 33itmefsis coming from Also I see where TJ is comming from. Lets put our difference aside and stand togther and fight for our cause. Lets come togther united we can disagree to agree.

33itmefsyou have some very valid points and a different perspective I enjoy hearing as time goes on I can agree with your wisdom and learn from your posts. you make me think and I like that. I feel that somtimes you let your ego get in the way but have a basic LE mentality. for the record I am glad you are on this board and look forward to what you have to say. I won't always agree but would love to sit down with you and discuss a few issues on or off duty. SL COunty can be a very busy place to work

TJ you are a true american with dedication to all our contry holds dear you have a worthy cause and I stand by you every step of the way. You have done a lot for the open carry cause and I applaud you for your hard work and dedication. Somtimes what you mean to say and what you say comes out different. I am glad to know you and you are very dedicated to a noble cause. I think that if we all work togther and become united we all can get along on this board

I would like to see us all come togther embrase our differences and learn from one another name calling and bickering is tearing us apart when we all should be focusing on what we all joinded this site in the first place

I extend a hand of fellowship to everyone and hope we can all get along and stop arguing about trival tidbits of information

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

To be fair, in the title of your post you asked "Who is going to see it?" You did not ask, "Who has a reasonable excuse to miss seeing it?" I did not know about this roving document, until a few days before the event, and I am sure there are many others here that have no idea that it even came through our state.

I just can't understand how you could fault so many people for not seeing this highly important piece of paper, by their lack of response on a web forum that they may or may not frequent. I know that there has been many consecutive days that I have not been online, or even had a chance to watch the news.

33itmefs wrote:
I am going tomorrow with my immediate and extended family and feel highly honored to have the privilege of seeing what our forefathers wrote and humbled by the opportunity to do so. Anyone else planning on going?
Your initial post seems innocent. If your initial intent was to see how many "freedom loving open carriers" do not give a crap about the documents that gave them their freedom, maybe you could have said so.

33itmefs could have written:
I am going tomorrow with my immediate and extended family and feel highly honored to have the privilege of seeing what our forefathers wrote and humbled by the opportunity to do so. If any freedom loving open carriers on this board don't show up without posting your excuse first, then you will be flamed.
I am not trying to criticizing you, I just think that too often, you are quick to rush to judgment. I want to better understand your point of view, but it is hard to do so when you and others here are constantly having virtual bitch fights. I value and respect your opinion here, and I have confidence that you can do the same in exchange. :)

UTOC-45-44

imported post

33itmefs wrote:
TJ, why did you take everything you said to me off? Its all included in original form in my responses, so I see no point.

NOBODY in my 30+ years have made me feel as worthless in so few words as you have today about me. NOBODY. INCLUDING military, wife, ETC.

I have NEVER thought myself special. However, I felt my Citizenship was something VERY special to me and you just took a BIG dump on it and I thought I felt something special being part of this Great Nation and you just proves me wrong.

I thank you from the Bottom of my Heart to show me how worthless I am AND how worthless the Citizenship that I Cherish so much is.

Good-bye

TJ