• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dick's Sporting Goods - Ammo coupon!

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thanks for the heads up. The coupon expired tonight. I rushed to Dick's before and closed and got 6 boxes of Remington.45 ball.

75.51 total or 12.585 per box of. Not bad, cheaper than anything oncheaperthandirt.com and I didn't have to pay for the shipping.

I wouldn't have known if I didn't get the heads up.

Thanks!

TFred

imported post

T Dubya wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. The coupon expired tonight. I rushed to Dick's before and closed and got 6 boxes of Remington.45 ball.

75.51 total or 12.585 per box of. Not bad, cheaper than anything oncheaperthandirt.com and I didn't have to pay for the shipping.

Thanks!
The fine print says 10/17 for three or four locations, but the large print on the left side margin of the coupon says 10/18 for everywhere else. I'm planning to buy some more from a different store later today (Saturday).

Seems kind of weird, maybe there are some odd ammunition laws in some places?

TFred

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

T Dubya wrote:

Thanks!
glad that you could take advantage of the deal! :)

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

They did honor it.. when I asked them how the coupon applies.. they explained "The system just does it".. So here is what the system did for me whan I bought 4 boxes of $19.99 ammo today (with the coupon).

<shrug>

wow.jpg

TFred

imported post

Since one of my local stores ran out of what I was looking to buy, I went to the other. I'm convinced it's how the clerk rings up the coupon. At one store, they did it right, applying the coupon only to every other box. At the other, they applied it to each box. Apparently they thought the store computer was smart enough to see two, and deduct 1/2 the price properly from the second item only.

It wasn't.

TFred

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I've bought at Dick's several times using these coupons. I've also followed threads on the coupons on several gun forums over the years.

I'm convinced the cashiers have never rung up one of these sales the same way twice.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DrMark wrote:
I've bought at Dick's several times using these coupons. I've also followed threads on the coupons on several gun forums over the years.

I'm convinced the cashiers have never rung up one of these sales the same way twice.
Without a doubt. I bought the same ammo as ED. I got six boxes. He got four. his savings was $48.00, mine was $48.03. Still a pretty good deal for me; especially with the price of copper.

Vertflex

imported post

Really upset today. Went to Dicks in annadale at 6 in the morning because I thought all the boxes were going to be gone, but the had over 2000 there. Picked up 6 boxes of 9mm umc and went to the check out counter with my coupon of course.

Total price = $70.98. . .

I said is this right because the price tag back there was $7.98 for 1 and then they got a manager and he told me its $14.99 for 1 box unless you buy 10 or more. I told him I've been here multiple times and always bought less then 10 boxes and you always charged me $7.98 each. He said I was wrong. I didn't feel like arguing so I just said thank you and left.

Oh. Waited 15 mins at the hunting section because no one was there and 3 different Dicks employee walked by and just looked at me and walked away. Heard them call someone over to the hunting section on the loud speaker, but too 15 mins. Usually its always an in and out experiance, but guess workers didn't like waking up at 5 am on the day after a holiday.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

When I worked at Dicks on black friday I recall they did do screwy stuff with the prices, like raise them on certain items.

soloban

imported post

I went by Dicks in Bailey's Crossroads about 2 hours ago and they didn't have crap in the way of pistol ammo. I wanted pick up a couple hundred rounds of .22 Mag for the Mrs' new revolver but all they had were 2 boxes of Remmington and 1 box of CCI all overpriced by at least $6