• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Did I overdo it?

mikeyb

and the problem with that is that the law is still on the books and is a foundation for the anti-gun crowd to build upon. The anti-gun crowd was virtually unopposed in the passage of I-594 and I am very surprised that I haven't seen any petitions yet for signatures on an assault weapons ban or magazine capacity limit initiative.

a 60/40 vote was/is unopposed? Or do you really mean underfunded?

apparently Olympia is waiting for an AGO before proceeding.

mikeyb

An attorney general's opinion on what? First, the AG will only furnish an opinion when requested by a person with the authority to ask for it, has anyone with the legal credentials asked for an opinion and what did they request the AG opine about? And the AG answers their question, then what is Olympia going to do? Tweak the parts of the law that need tweaked so a court will uphold it?

A senator said the AGO they want is a definition of what a transfer is. He's on the hunting committee (brevity in typing here), so they want a decision how the law will be interpreted. Then they'll push thru legislation that fixes some of the issues.

None of this is what we (40%-ers) want. I'm just letting everyone know that's what some are doing (or not doing) in Olympia.