• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do you think open carrying makes you more or less of a target?

1245A Defender

Well,,,,

By the way,,, the guy in the 1st vid,,, is VERY fast... And!

He is carrying,,, Isreali style,,, condition 3,,, empty chamber...
we dont need to carry that way... I dont ever wish to need TWO hands to make my gun ready to shoot!
After he draws the gun,,, he racks it, with both hands,, then shoots.

And another thing,,, If a BG has his gun on you,,, you cant outdraw him... he already did!
You need to rely on some misdirection,,,
as you indicate your wallet is in your back pocket and turn to show him that you will pull it out,
as you turn to reach it, also you lower your draw hand to pull and shoot behind you between your elbow and side, into his belly button!
works best with cross draw!!!

Ill look for tom cruise shooting from CC in a movie...
Oh... is this the one??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmKR6evZRQQ

The first guy is quick, he is not fast, sorry. Nothing wrong with quick, but from concealed it can be fatal. Fast is barely seeing the movements, think faster than the eye can see. The quickest I have seen from a non pro is a girl using a flash bang holster. I would have had two shots into the guy in the first video before he got clear of his shirt. I suggest men get implants wear a bra, and use a flash bang concealed, or just OC.

He is also not reacting, which means his draw time starts at the moment his hands drop, which is not what happens. Braking is the most practiced reaction known to us, IMO. Reaction time in braking can be anywhere from .15 to several seconds. A timing buzzer should have been used. I timed him just when his arms started to drop and he was slightly under one second, which adding reaction time at the best would put him slightly over, but plenty of time for the bad guy to aerate him.

I can draw with a SA revolver in under a half second, but I would still lose, because the bad guy probably already has a bead on me. My best plan is to seek cover, if it is available and not close. A moving target is harder to hit than a stationary one. Or engaging the BG in hand to hand to get his gun, or get the advantage to use yours. Or OC and the BG will pick another safer target.

Well,,, this kind of thing just ****** ** ***
Why would walkingwolf quote me, then talk all about other stuff?
Oh well,,, at least I know someone read what I wrote, good enough I guess...

BTW... My point was,,, the guy in the 1st video...
Is carrying ISREALI STYLE... Condition 3!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

I see nothing at which to take umbrage.

WW's response seems as just a continuation of a thought stream. Perhaps he hit the quote button in error - I've done that.

Understood your point.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Essentially I was disputing that the first guy was quick, not fast, IMO.

The rest were my thoughts which I did not feel adding post count necessary.

Why would that upset you? I wrote nothing that was insulting to you or the guy in the video. BTW what slowed him down was not the Israeli draw, but getting gun from out of cover. It has been showed that racking the slide is part of the movement of bringing the gun to bear. For those who practice the Israeli draw is not hindering.