• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does anyone actually like Mitt Romney?

gobbly

I believe Gutshot has explained before (several months ago?) that he has bad eye sight, so he uses the large font for visual convenience. He hasn't stated if that's still the case, and I've seen several new members complain about it. I do agree it is annoying, but easier to tolerate then lots of colors or capitalization.

Then might I suggest increasing the browser font? Increasing your own post font to resolve sight issues seems a little odd. It'd help when you want to re-read your own posts, but wouldn't make a bit of difference when trying to read anyone else's. Every major browser out there will let you change the font size...

Last edited:

MamabearCali

Considering the alternative ( that being 4 more years of obama and him being free to do what he really wants free from the constraints of worrying about re-election) Yes I like Mitt Romney. Notice I said "like" not enamoured, raptured or in love. I voted for Santorum in the primary ( he won here in La.) and he was my second choice after Herman Cain. However the libs pulled out all the stops and got employees of the inJustice Dept to accuse him of acting inappropriately. So would you like the luke warm bologna sandwich on not quite stale bread, (Mitt) or the rotten to the core crap burger swarming with obamabot zombie flies?

As far as Ron Paul goes, his ideas on the surface are good, however they rely on IMHO utopian ideals and rely on everyone else in the world agreeing to play by the same rules. People are tired of the presidency being a 4 year episode of American Idol already, we have a whiner who seems to want to be remembered as the first Kardashian president, people are certainly in no mood for anyone who they may percieve,right or wrong as unstable or unpredictable. IMO Paul simply cannot win, we need to all get up from the kid's table and realize we need a serious president who understands our economy and at least has some form of moral grounding. Obama has made us a laughing stock and Paul would do no better. So again, considering all alternatives realistically available, I "like" Mitt.

This! Exactly. Except here in VA I did not have the option to vote for Santorum....so I had to vote Ron Paul. I *like* Mitt, I don't want to marry him or bear his children, but between the two choices I have he is the best one. So I have to get my big girl pants on and go and do what must be done.

Dreamer

Furthermore part of the reason Paul is not taken seriously is in fact due to the behavior of many ( not all ) of his supporters.

This is SOOO much more true than you know...

Ron Paul is not a member of, attendee to, and has no supporters in the CFR or the Bilderberg Group. (in fact at the recent Bilderberg meeting in Chantilly VA, it was reported that several attendees were vocalizing their wish for Ron Paul and his supporters to get on a plane piloted by a Muslim Terrorist who would then crash them all into the ground...)

Romney and Obama are both members of the CFR, and have both attended Bilderberger meetings.

Those of us who are awake know who REALLY runs the show.

Anyone who hasn't gleefully swallowed the "blue pill" knows who REALLY chooses the candidates for PotUS, and who ultimately chooses the winner every 4 years, and it sure as heck AIN'T the "Electoral College" or "We The People"...

Last edited:

Freedom First

This is SOOO much more true than you know...

Ron Paul is not a member of, attendee to, and has no supporters in the CFR or the Bilderberg Group. (in fact at the recent Bilderberg meeting in Chantilly VA, it was reported that several attendees were vocalizing their wish for Ron Paul and his supporters to get on a plane piloted by a Muslim Terrorist who would then crash them all into the ground...)

Romney and Obama are both members of the CFR, and have both attended Bilderberger meetings.

Those of us who are awake know who REALLY runs the show.

Anyone who hasn't gleefully swallowed the "blue pill" knows who REALLY chooses the candidates for PotUS, and who ultimately chooses the winner every 4 years, and it sure as heck AIN'T the "Electoral College" or "We The People"...

Good post.

The Wachowski brothers were trying to tell us something... Red pill, Blue pill. See the truth or have your head surgically inserted up your tailpipe.

jhco50

I find it odd that people who will fight for their 2nd Amendment rights fold as soon as there is a little opposition. If Obumer gets a second term, your gun rights are in dire danger. Obumer has made it clear he is anti-gun and has everything ready to slam us with tons of regulations prohibiting our gun ownership. One that he has tried to hush is agreeing to sign on with the UN gun ban. Obumer is going to pull the trigger on us and we have no choice but to replace him and the other democrats in power.

Romney may not be everyone's cup of tea, but he is the last hope we have to not only leave gun owners alone, but try to bring our contry back from the brink of extinction.

PistolPackingMomma

I find it odd that people who will fight for their 2nd Amendment rights fold as soon as there is a little opposition. If Obumer gets a second term, your gun rights are in dire danger. Obumer has made it clear he is anti-gun and has everything ready to slam us with tons of regulations prohibiting our gun ownership. One that he has tried to hush is agreeing to sign on with the UN gun ban. Obumer is going to pull the trigger on us and we have no choice but to replace him and the other democrats in power.

Romney may not be everyone's cup of tea, but he is the last hope we have to not only leave gun owners alone, but try to bring our contry back from the brink of extinction.

You're talking about Romney, the human mood ring. The man who flip flops his position based on what demographic of voters are in the same room at the same time with him. And you believe he'll leave gun owners alone, with Eric Holder and his ilk in every branch of government? Romney, credited with creating the original version of ObamaCare? That Romney?

Romney is as weak and spineless as Obama, and his presidency would be no different. Just slower paced.

Freedom First

Just to ask a simple question: What exactly will Romney do to "...bring our contry back from the brink of extinction."? I have a different view on that. That is not the responsibility of the POTUS; that will fall on the shoulders of the American people to restore or replace their government when it becomes too tyrannical or oppressive. So, Obama or Romney, in the end the solution is the same.

gunns

Just to ask a simple question: What exactly will Romney do to "...bring our contry back from the brink of extinction."? I have a different view on that. That is not the responsibility of the POTUS; that will fall on the shoulders of the American people to restore or replace their government when it becomes too tyrannical or oppressive. So, Obama or Romney, in the end the solution is the same.

Nothing. He won't have the power to change anything. He may put on an act but in the end the powers in this world won't let him do anything they don't want him to do. What no one here seems to get is both parties ultimately cow tow to the same powers in this world. The Banks, the Fed, Wall Street and certain families that have been around controlling things for over 200 years.

I truly believe this is the last year we will be able to even post like this. I am willing to bet that the internet won't even exist this time next year. World wide depression is coming and its being directed by those that think they can control it. Even they are wrong, when the crash comes, it will hit everyone right in the chin including them.

Out of the smoke I believe our country will return to its roots, stronger after the fight. No empire lasts forever and ours is up for renewal.

DangerClose

I think it's odd when gun owners think Romney is so great on guns compared to Obama. Officially, Romney has increased gun control more than Obama has. Unofficially might be a different story, but the point is even when Romney gave a speech at the NRA, he didn't exactly talk about guns a whole lot.

jhco50

I think it's odd when gun owners think Romney is so great on guns compared to Obama. Officially, Romney has increased gun control more than Obama has. Unofficially might be a different story, but the point is even when Romney gave a speech at the NRA, he didn't exactly talk about guns a whole lot.

I don't love Romney by a long shot, and I know he wobbles like a weebles. Do a little research and see what Obama has in store for us. It isn't pretty. He is holding off until after the election so he can push all of his gun control agenda freely. Remember, he will be a lame duck president and anything goes. Just like Bush was good his first four years and his last term was a disaster. You go ahead and vote for Obama and watch our efforts on the gun issue dissipate.

We really need to concentrate on the congress if we want to really protect ourselves. Romney is our best hope for a halfway decent president at this point.

DangerClose

I don't love Romney by a long shot, and I know he wobbles like a weebles. Do a little research and see what Obama has in store for us. It isn't pretty. He is holding off until after the election so he can push all of his gun control agenda freely. Remember, he will be a lame duck president and anything goes. Just like Bush was good his first four years and his last term was a disaster. You go ahead and vote for Obama and watch our efforts on the gun issue dissipate.

lol why would I vote for Obama just because I say Romney is a gun grabber.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Bush was good his first four years and his last term was a disaster.
Even in his last 4 years, he was better than Obama. If not for term limits, I'd rather have had Bush again, than NObama. I figure 4 more, would have given him a chance to fix what he did wrong in the 2nd term. :) I hope.

rscottie

Romney supports the right to bear...

"Hand" Guns!

Attachments

• 2012-04-12T001547Z_01_BKS20_RTRIDSP_3_USA-CAMPAIGN-ROMNEY.jpg
    2012-04-12T001547Z_01_BKS20_RTRIDSP_3_USA-CAMPAIGN-ROMNEY.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited: