• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DOJ says no applications until Nov 1

Teej

APJ:

What 100(2) is saying is "Despite the fact that the statute says they have 21 days to issue or deny, until December 1st they have 45 days." That's it.

It is a non-statutory provision, which means in this case that it is not authority to issue a license....and that you won't get a writ to compel it.

Also, I don't understand or appreciate what is coming across as hostility. I have not been sarcastic or insulting towards you.

Last edited:

apierce918

That makes no sence...out of stater's can carry for up to 45 days before I can but...haha, I have the last laugh because after that 45 days I can carry in a school zone??? UM...OK

yeah, and they cant

Assuming one of the permits i have...being a PA resident...will be honored in WI...according to Act 35 that permit will allow me to carry in a school zone as of Nov 1.

not according to federal law

HandyHamlet

May I ask what you do or have done for a living? You may not see a reason, because you cannot comprehend what it would take get this system set up.

Well it sure as hell isn't rocket science to set up a couple of crappy PCs to do data entry. Then hire a couple of the Governor's knuckle dragging third cousins to punch keyboards with on finger. Don't forget they got that guy making $65 grand a year to oversee everything too. So this whole thing will be smooth as butter...

In fact I'll bet they are sipping champagne as we speak.
vag.jpg

So am I, Why , because that means constitutional carry continues to be the only way to carry and exercise a right and not a privledge.
:D

Last edited:

Deek

in the midst of this, I have "stupid" question...... when the government gets around to actually making things happen, who's actually going be handing out the apps? The DOJ website, where we have to download it or some thing, or will it be available locally like the nearest PD. This is one thing I havent seen any info on.... or isnt that been figured out yet?

Stupid #2....will my Utah permit make good to go on Nov.1, or is reciprocity not figured out either yet....

apierce918

in the midst of this, I have "stupid" question...... when the government gets around to actually making things happen, who's actually going be handing out the apps? The DOJ website, where we have to download it or some thing, or will it be available locally like the nearest PD. This is one thing I havent seen any info on.... or isnt that been figured out yet?

Stupid #2....will my Utah permit make good to go on Nov.1, or is reciprocity not figured out either yet....

I heard one news source (or read it) that they would also be online, from DOJ, and they said the DMV (they printing them?) I cant find the article, or confirm its accuracy

Utah permit will not suffice for a WI resident, law states that a WI resident must have a WI permit

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Getting it off their website will probably be one of the sources. As far as your Utah permit, it won't allow you to carry in Wisconsin if you are a resident of Wisconsin.

Teej

Getting it off their website will probably be one of the sources. As far as your Utah permit, it won't allow you to carry in Wisconsin if you are a resident of Wisconsin.

Right - the law actually specifies that DOJ will make the form available online and by mail on request.

wrightme

December 15 ish would be the latest date to receive your permit. Provided its into the doj on the Nov 1 "start date". Now that that's out of the way.

This is bull, now an out of state license holder will be able to cc legally (on Nov 1), and the Wisconsin residents will have to wait for permission slips. Who is getting screwed on this one? Oh, right, US!

So, in keeping with the spirit of this website, Open Carry. :confused:

Why the angst?

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
So, in keeping with the spirit of this website, Open Carry. :confused:

Why the angst?

Wrightme, you're a good guy and I respect your opinions, but how many times do I have to respond to out-of-staters who don't seem to realize that we need this license to OC if we want to OC within 1000 ft of a school zone, or arguably in a vehicle, and quite a few other places.

Sure there is some discussion going on about CC, but most of the discussion focuses on the license which IS applicable to OC.

Once again, its a carry how you choose license, not a CC license.

wrightme

Wrightme, you're a good guy and I respect your opinions, but how many times do I have to respond to out-of-staters who don't seem to realize that we need this license to OC if we want to OC within 1000 ft of a school zone, or arguably in a vehicle, and quite a few other places.
You are under no onus to do so.
So? What does that matter in the grand discussion? That is a future increase, if you get the permission slip. It is a step in the right direction, but it seems that some here only want the permission, and feel that this is the ONLY goal.
Brass Magnet said:
Sure there is some discussion going on about CC, but most of the discussion focuses on the license which IS applicable to OC.
Which is valid. But, it isn't the only thing for discussion.
Brass Magnet said:
Once again, its a carry how you choose license, not a CC license.
No, it is a cc license. It also provides an exception to a prohibited area for OC.

"Carry how you choose" is Constitutional Carry. This isn't.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
You are under no onus to do so.
So? What does that matter in the grand discussion? That is a future increase, if you get the permission slip. It is a step in the right direction, but it seems that some here only want the permission, and feel that this is the ONLY goal.
Which is valid. But, it isn't the only thing for discussion.
No, it is a cc license. It also provides an exception to a prohibited area for OC.

"Carry how you choose" is Constitutional Carry. This isn't.

I meant carry as you choose as far as open or concealed. Constitutional carry would be carry when and where you choose without a permit.

I realize I don't have to respond but I will if people are giving my friends a hard time when those peoples premise is flawed.

I think there are only two people around here that are"happy" with the license. You probably know who they are. The rest of us, indeed will keep fighting for constitutional carry and OC.

BROKENSPROKET

I just sent an e-mail to Van Hollen's office asking why the delay, when the law clearly states application & permit designs are to be completed by no later than Sept 1st. If they were not intended to be released to the public, and applying and processing were not to begin until Nov. 1st, then why on Earth did the Legislature demand the apps & permits be designed 2 full months prior to when needed? This makes no sense.

I also reminded them that in the last election, I made a donation to Mr. Van Hollen's campaign, I put a bumper sticker on all my vehicles, and a sign in my front yard. I intend to do so again... but if I must wait until the last day possible under the bill to apply for a permit to carry... I'll send in my donation, put on my bumper sticker, and put up my yard sign on the last day possible too... on election day.

Can you PM me his email address? I can't find one on the DOJ web-site.

BROKENSPROKET

Someone is testy tonight. Take it down a notch or two and relax.

I am irratated with all the people that think that the DOJ has real easy task to get permits issued. The DOJ is already understaffed.

First, they have to hire someone to run the program. To draw up the job skills and training criteria, advertise for a atleast for a few weeks, interview all eligable canidates, decide and hire someone that may choose to honor a 2 week notice, may take a couple of months in and of its self. That person will THEN have to develop the program, step by step, every detail. Aquire office space and set-up work centers for all the LTE's could take several months. The software, webpages and database has to be developed and tested. It will also be a major task to interview and hire and then train all the LTE's and permenant employees. They also have to coordinate their database with the DOT and set up the system to have the licenses made and that system will have to be tested thoroughly. And I know I am missing some aspects. Also, I know there will be hang-ups and bugs to be worked out.

I am fully expecting the DOJ to petition the court for an extension somewhere around the beginning of December. I will be happy as hell if they don't have to, but that is what I am expecting.

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

I am irratated with all the people that think that the DOJ has real easy task to get permits issued. The DOJ is already understaffed.

First, they have to....

PICTURE REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Inappropriate

Boo freakin' who.

Still whining on about how hard it is to make a few phone calls from an air conditioned office..? Oh GOD! The horror! And then there are the multiple trips to Office Max. "This chair? Or this chair? Don't forget the matching Hello Kitty pen holders!" Please tell us what happens next. After the guy with the $65 grand paycheck can't drag this bullsh*t out for another month? Then what? "How many forms did you process today Bill? 16? Oh that's delightful! You get a gold star! What? Shelly got three gold stars? Well, She did fill out 23 forms today Bill. And she got my dry cleaning. And how many times have I told you to STOP calling me DAD at the office!!!"

Meanwhile, back in reality everyone else on here has real jobs...

[video=youtube;WijCItSXA6g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WijCItSXA6g[/video]

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

Boo freakin' who.

Still whining on about how hard it is to make a few phone calls from an air conditioned office..? Oh GOD! The horror! And then there are the multiple trips to Office Max. "This chair? Or this chair? Don't forget the matching Hello Kitty pen holders!" Please tell us what happens next. After the guy with the $65 grand paycheck can't drag this bullsh*t out for another month? Then what? "How many forms did you process today Bill? 16? Oh that's delightful! You get a gold star! What? Shelly got three gold stars? Well, She did fill out 23 forms today Bill. And she got my dry cleaning. And how many times have I told you to STOP calling me DAD at the office!!!"

Meanwhile, back in reality everyone else on here has real jobs...

I bet you are a fun guy to hang out with and have a couple of beers. You definitely have a sense of humor. But there is a reason others accused you of being Spartacus, because you act like him.

Do you know that they do infact have the adaquate office space for 20+ employees or do they need to aquire it. Are there 20+ work centers(i.e.desk/cubicles,computers hooked up to a secure network), or do you just expect them to take over the break room with laptops for 8-10 months.

Have you ever worked with a contractor to set-up a new office for 20+ new office personal?
Have you ever worked with I.T. personel to set-up 20+ computers on a highly secure network?
Have you ever worked wth an H.R. deptartment to advertise for, interview, hire and train 20+ new office personel?
I could keep on asking such questions but i'm done.

Why is it soo easy for those who have no experince or context of a situation to make such unrealstic assumptions?

Your attempt to be humorous with ignorant sarcasm is utterly pathetic.

ETA: BTW, J.B. is our friend in this and he will do his best to make sure it gets done right. If the DOJ says that they need more time, I trust them.

Last edited: