• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DOJ says no applications until Nov 1

HandyHamlet

I could keep on asking such questions but i'm done.

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack

littleangel.gif

[video=youtube;Bxauqa7rJgI&NR=1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxauqa7rJgI&NR=1[/video]

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

Handy, I want to apologize for making reference to Spartacus. You are not nearly that bad. I realize you are trying to be funny and I took you the wrong way.

Handy replies, "Trying? Trying?. I AM funny, Damnit"

HandyHamlet

Actually I would say something like " I'm a legend in my own mind."

And fine, I''ll delete the "bed" comment in the other thread, even though it is some of my better work.

Last edited:

oak1971

Somebody needs to file an addendum to the hurt feelings report and requisition a group hug as part of the conflict resolution in subsection C of the hurt feelings handbook.

apjonas

I am irritated with all the people that think that the DOJ has real easy task to get permits issued. The DOJ is already understaffed.

I think that DoJ has a task (with many subtasks) and don’t claim that it will be easy. The fact remains that DoJ has the duty to get ‘er done. Every government department is understaffed and underfunded - just ask the boss.

First, they have to hire someone to run the program. To draw up the job skills and training criteria, advertise for a atleast for a few weeks, interview all eligable canidates, decide and hire someone that may choose to honor a 2 week notice, may take a couple of months in and of its self.

There is no reason that an existing person of suitable rank cannot take on this project - at least on an interim basis. The search for a permanent chief (and I don’t know if that is the plan) can go on concurrently.

That person will THEN have to develop the program, step by step, every detail.

No, the “plan” is pretty straightforward and at the macro level, laid out in the statute. Anybody at that level of management who cannot fill in the blanks within a week doesn’t deserve the job and probably should be fired from whatever it is he is supposedly doing.

Aquire office space and set-up work centers for all the LTE's could take several months.

Even if this were necessary - I’m quite sure space is available now - it should take more than a week to accomplish this subtask.

The software, webpages and database has to be developed and tested.

Are you kidding? Anybody who tries to develop custom software for this project should be run out on a rail. There is plenty of COTS (check with other states) perhaps with minor modifications that could be used. You could get a pimply-faced kid to do the webpage in ½ day. You are projecting the government employee frame of mind that results in the legendary six guys digging one hole.

It will also be a major task to interview and hire and then train all the LTE's and permenant employees. They also have to coordinate their database with the DOT and set up the system to have the licenses made and that system will have to be tested thoroughly. And I know I am missing some aspects. Also, I know there will be hang-ups and bugs to be worked out.

This is not a major effort unless the State of Wisconsin has allowed every office to do its own thing IT-wise.

I am fully expecting the DOJ to petition the court for an extension somewhere around the beginning of December. I will be happy as hell if they don't have to, but that is what I am expecting.

What court? DoJ will just do what it has advertised - ignore the law. Now if they are sued they might have to beg and plead but there is no legitimate reason that the system should not be up and running at 8 a.m. on September 1st. Contract this out to any decent sized IT outfit and it would be done in a month, possibly less with an early finish bonus. Capitalism works.

markush

This thread just kind of went away but now that it looks like the great and powerful DOJ has spoken...is there nothing that can be done about this?
Tourists with a CCW issued to them from their home state, if that state is approved by the DOJ, will be able to carry in OUR state on November 1, 2011 while WE Wisconsinite will able to do nothing more then place our application in the mail on that date!

If I am visiting Wisconsin from another state and I have a CCW license from that state, is it okay for me to carry in Wisconsin?

Maybe. DOJ is required to establish, by rule, a list of states that issue a CCW license or permit that either requires or designates that the holder of the license or permit chose to submit to a background check that is comparable to the check conducted under Wisconsin law.....
...Such a person may begin carrying concealed as soon as DOJ lists the state by rule which will be posted online on November 1, 2001.

How long will it take to get a CCW license after I ( a Wisconsinite) submit an application?

For applications received between November 1 and December 1, 2011, DOJ shall issue or deny as soon as practicable and no longer than 45 days after receiving an application...

We have seen how the DOJ does things as soon as practicable!!

When can I (a Wisconsinite) apply for a CCW license?

When the law become effective November 1, 2011

where can I (a Wisconsinite) apply for a CCW license?

...DOJ is currently developing license applications and intends to have those applications available on the DOJ website on or about November 1, 2011...

How do I (a Wisconsinite) apply for a CCW license?

An individual may apply for a license by submitting, by mail, a completed application form...

Is there anything we can do about this?

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

How do I (a Wisconsinite) apply for a CCW license?

An individual may apply for a license by submitting, by mail, a completed application form...

Is there anything we can do about this?

This pisses me off because if they had us fill out the application online, then print it out, proof read it, sign it, and then mail it it with all the supporting documents and fees, there would be no need for them to enter any of the data from the application form, all they would have to do is pull the application from the database, confirm it and process it, which would cut down on data entry hours, reduce cost and streamline the application process.

Deek

In the midst of all this..... heres a fun idea. should we have some sort of contest/bet/poll type thing on who actually gets their permit first?. I'm picturing a keystone cops kind of scene with everyone making a mad dash to the Post Office