• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

don't need guns, because we have cops, Input!

Stretch

imported post

The last time I tried to put a cop in my holster, she slapped me for touching her that way.

Lammo

imported post

Sparky508 wrote:
Q: Why do you carry a gun?
A: Because a cop is to heavy.

Q: Why do you carry a .45?
A:Because they dont make a .46.

Q: Why do you have a pistol, are you expecting trouble?
A:No, if I was expecting trouble, I would have brought my shotgun.

Q: Are you paranoid or something?
A: What do I need to be worried about? I'm the guy that brought his gun.

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
+5!!!!!!

aadvark

imported post

The purpose of Police in Republicsare to enforce Law, however; they do not act to prevent acts of Violence or Crime, but rather, to investigate and apprehendCriminals once the Crimes have been committed.

George Orwells' Book1984 illustrated this concept, by introducing the concepts of thought Police and thought Crime.

In our Country, as The United States Supreme Court has ruled, The Police are under no obligation to protect anyone, that responsibility falls on the Individual.

If you are a Victim of Crime, your Local Police can act..., but only once you are a VICTIM, not before-hand.

The logic here is: The Police are not responsible for feeding or clothing you, therefore, what makes you think they are responsible for 'protecting' you?

If someone wants 'protection', but does not want to provide it for themselves, tell them to go and hire a Security Company to do so for them. That is what they do, offer Security Services, in much the same way your Local Baker would offer Bread.

If they do not want to that, then, they are at the mercy of Criminals.

The Police can not infrindge on anyones Rights Legally, therefore, if a Criminal..., let's say Shoots/Stabs someone..., then The Police can act, because; the Crime has been committed at that point in time, not before.

However, ifthe PersonDies..., it does not really matter what the outcome of the Criminal Investigation or Arrest is..., as the Person would be Dead.

The point here is, with this example, the Crime occured when the other Person was wither Stabed/Shot, not before, and The Police can not act until after the Stabbing/Shooting.

Lammo

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
killchain wrote:
SaintJacque wrote:
Cops respond when and where they can. The obligation of self-defense lies first and foremost with the individual, no matter how strong the police state may be.
Well said.
Can we get that passed as a law? :uhoh:
No need to pass it - - it's the Natural Law. It only needs to be understood and accepted.

ShooterMcGavin

imported post

Lammo wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
killchain wrote:
SaintJacque wrote:
Cops respond when and where they can. The obligation of self-defense lies first and foremost with the individual, no matter how strong the police state may be.
Well said.
No need to pass it - - it's the Natural Law. It only needs to be understood and accepted.
...and that last part is the big problem with people who would ask the question "why carry a gun?"

Hammer

imported post

erich_kopp wrote:
What do you say if somebody is talking to you about oc and says you don't need to carry a gun because that's what cops are for?

I know what I say just wanted to know what you guy's and girl's have said?
One of my friends' saying is
" I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy to carry"
I haven't quizzed him on it, but he may be thinking of the donut enhanced variety :lol:

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

I'd like to buy a light weight cop. When people ask me why I carrying a cop I'll just answer, "because I can't carry a firearm to defend myself".

superdeluxe

imported post

erich_kopp wrote:
What do you say if somebody is talking to you about oc and says you don't need to carry a gun because that's what cops are for?

I know what I say just wanted to know what you guy's and girl's have said?

How long is it going to take the police to respond to a incident? Too long.

jarhead1911A

imported post

IF we all just put down our guns i guess we would have to go back to farming and start defending ourselfs with pitch forks and shovels..... MMM sounds like how we defended this county the first time.

Or the more reasonable solution would be to deputize every law abiding citizen on the planet and then everyone would be able to clean up the streets and protect themselfs and others if and when the time came.

This theory goes along with arm everyone on a plane so it one or two people decides they want to hijack the plane everyone else just simply deals with the problem and the threat is stopped.

In the wild west it would seem just about everyone carried atleast 1 firearm on there person at any given time, its great population control and u really didnt need cops around people just handled problems as they came along and then the graves guy would come clean up the mess...... Ahh the good old days......

killchain

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
killchain wrote:
SaintJacque wrote:
Well said.
Already is, Article 1, Subsection 24 of the Washington State Constitution.

Shabam, cite. http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Article_I,_Washington_State_Constitution

Text of Section 24: Right to Bear Arms.
The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.

You can't throw this around enough.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

We have four boxes used to guarantee our liberty: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box. - ANONYMOUS

Gun control isn't about guns —— it's about control. - ANONYMOUS

When only the police have guns, it's called a Police State. - ANONYMOUS

A gun in the hands of a free man frightens and angers the autocrat, not because he fears the power of the gun, but, rather, the spirit of the man who holds it.- ANONYMOUS

Gun Control: The assumption that everyone is a potential criminal. - ANONYMOUS

Gun control is the weapon of a paranoid government - ANONYMOUS

It is because the people are citizens that they are with safety armed. The danger (where there is any) from armed citizens, is only to the government, not to the society. - BARLOW, JOEL, Equality in America (1792)

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

There's a guy over at seattlegunsDOTnet that has this as his signature line (I'm paraphrasing):

The philosophy of gun control: Teenagers are barrelling through a small country town at 90MPH in a 25MPH zone. Solution: lower the speed limit to 20MPH.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
There's a guy over at seattlegunsDOTnet that has this as his signature line (I'm paraphrasing):

The philosophy of gun control: Teenagers are barrelling through a small country town at 90MPH in a 25MPH zone. Solution: lower the speed limit to 20MPH.
:lol::lol::lol::lol: Perfect analogy!:lol::lol::lol::lol: