• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

don't need guns, because we have cops, Input!

amzbrady

imported post

Bookman wrote:
Just tell them to Google Warren v District of Columbia. That's the case where the courts said the police have no duty to protect.
They banned my from the Brady Campaign page on Face book before I could post this. I still cant freaking believe this.

tricityguy

imported post

Q: Why do you carry a .45?
A:Because they dont make a .46.

No, but they do make a .50 (Desert Eagle), and I LOVE mine. ;)

A bit too large and heavy to carry around, however. If I were the size of a linebacker, though, I'd totally OC this.

-Ryan

Sparky508

imported post

tricityguy wrote:
A:Because they dont make a .46.

No, but they do make a .50 (Desert Eagle), and I LOVE mine. ;)

A bit too large and heavy to carry around, however. If I were the size of a linebacker, though, I'd totally OC this.

-Ryan

I figured someone would pop up with something like that.............. so I have added to the reply:

A: Because shooting twice is just silly.

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:

I have fired one of these before. Two rounds, and I felt pain, real pain, in my right hand for the next four days, and it was uncomfortable for 2 weeks. Those little scandium .357mags a la S&W 340PD, loaded with full-house 158gr load have NOTHING on these. (I've shot those too.) Mean beasts!

Glocked and Loaded

imported post

few things you could say:
"I can eliminate the target 800 times before the police arrive"
"It takes me less then a second to do what would take the cops up to 12 minutes"
"My holster is more comfortable then a body bag"

And about the .46 there is also the .460 Rowland. even tho technically its still a .45 but its to the 45 what 10mm is to the .40

Trigger Dr

imported post

Glocked and Loaded wrote:
few things you could say:
"I can eliminate the target 800 times before the police arrive"
"It takes me less then a second to do what would take the cops up to 12 minutes"
"My holster is more comfortable then a body bag"

And about the .46 there is also the .460 Rowland. even tho technically its still a .45 but its to the 45 what 10mm is to the .40
And don't forget the 478 Linebaugh, 480 Ruger

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
There's a guy over at seattlegunsDOTnet that has this as his signature line (I'm paraphrasing):

The philosophy of gun control: Teenagers are barrelling through a small country town at 90MPH in a 25MPH zone. Solution: lower the speed limit to 20MPH.
Nah, they'd rather ban small country towns.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

"Cops?"

"Oh, ya I called them 15 minutes ago....they will be right here."

"Until then I will just hold this guy at gunpoint and let the cops fill out all the reports and take him into custody."

"Oh, don't worry it's loaded, this is not California..."