• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Durand Railroad Days event.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
When we get there Randy.....leave the choo choo alone...no playing on the choo choo:p
passenger%20train.jpg
You mean I'm not allowed to do this again? :)

SpringerXDacp

imported post

fozzy71 wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
...... You mean I'm not allowed to do this again? :)

No, not in my home town, you are not. :cuss:
I promise I'll never do that. Hell, it's an eight-year disqualifier for a CPL to operate a locomotive while under the influence...ya know. :uhoh:

SpringerXDacp

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
i havent.

but the website says vendor spots are filled for the year.

this is an annual event though...

:?

What would prohibit us from setting up a booth near (as close as possible) the event? Is the park in close proximity to the event where folks in attendance would notice the booth?

lil_freak_66

imported post

trumble park/goudy field is on the same road as the fair.

it is only a few hundred yards at most from the fair.

it'd be nearly safe to say that the pavilion is probably going to be full,but there is no harm in calling.

however due to obvious reasons i cannot call to reserve one,the board would have to do that.

there are also a few grills and picnic tables at the park,but you can almost certainly bet on those being full too,so if we were to make it a picnic id reccomend everybody bring chairs and/or tables and somebody bring a grill.

would MOC be legally allowed to give food away for a donation,or for free?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
trumble park/goudy field is on the same road as the fair.

it is only a few hundred yards at most from the fair.

it'd be nearly safe to say that the pavilion is probably going to be full,but there is no harm in calling.

however due to obvious reasons i cannot call to reserve one,the board would have to do that.

there are also a few grills and picnic tables at the park,but you can almost certainly bet on those being full too,so if we were to make it a picnic id reccomend everybody bring chairs and/or tables and somebody bring a grill.

We really do not need a pavilion, Brian, if he plans to be there, has an Ez-Up (no not that) that can be used. IMO, I wouldn't be concerned with an actually picnic setting. I'm fairly certain there will be plenty of food/drinks available at the event if folks choose not to bring their own.

WARCHILD

imported post

Why? But if... you... need something,
I have an extra box of doggie treats I'll turn you on to. :what::p:p:pJK...see you there.

WARCHILD

imported post

I just received the proof batch and they really look good.
Contact Jeff for pricing and quantity of your order.

They look pretty damn good...IMO... Dan Ragan does excellent work.:celebrate:celebrate

Edit to amend:
The key fobs will be made available at the membership meeting.

My mistake for jumping the gun, my apologies.
Jerry

lil_freak_66

imported post

ooh an unveiling!

my plastic one broke and is somewhere between michigan and arkansas.

so we ARE meeting at trumble park again for this? since MOC took over the planning(regarding a vendor table,or just a table in the park) ive became somewhat confused.

and yes,you can give the doggie treats to either aliesha or my dog.

WARCHILD

imported post

I have no idea who is doing what! My wife and I are going for the festival and visit her niece. I'll keep watching and if anything definite is posted, I'll be there.
I will have the key fobs Sat. the 8th and will simply pass them off to Jeff or who ever shows up from MOC to receive them. I simply took this opportunity to show what they look like.

waiting for info.....:?