• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fatso wanted to be president? heat that? its his chances going down the toliet..

Primus

I don't care if you (as an individual, not as a cop) or I or any other individual, who cannot force another to train, tells someone that he should train. He should. My point is that government has NO business telling folks that they must train.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

I respect that. Again I wish no one did ever have to force anyone to do anything. I wish that guys like I mentioned just took a class on their own. Instead they just go to the range and "figure it out". That's not a guy want carrying a gun near my family at Walmart.

Also.... if everyone agrees that we should train and that we will train.... the why does it matter someone is telling them to train? If your already going to do it then just a matter of principle. Again I understand and respect that.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Primus

Nope totally got it...what was the acronym someone coined for you? OREO?

Folks with your opinions vote for laws like that and enforce those laws....you shouldn't be a cop.

Actually its not a law that I or anyone else can "enforce". Either you take the class and get your certificates or you don't. No certificate no license.

If anything MA should be a SHALL issue state not a may issue.

eye95

I respect that. Again I wish no one did ever have to force anyone to do anything. I wish that guys like I mentioned just took a class on their own. Instead they just go to the range and "figure it out". That's not a guy want carrying a gun near my family at Walmart.

Also.... if everyone agrees that we should train and that we will train.... the why does it matter someone is telling them to train? If your already going to do it then just a matter of principle. Again I understand and respect that.

And it does not matter if you don't want him to carry near you or yours. He has a right to. Yes, there is a downside to it being a right. The upside far outweighs the downside. The RKBA is our last line of protection against tyranny. If we have to use or firearms, I'd rather the guy next to me knew what he was doing. However, if he is shooting at someone that wishes me harm, he's my best buddy for the moment!

<o>

sudden valley gunner

Actually its not a law that I or anyone else can "enforce". Either you take the class and get your certificates or you don't. No certificate no license.

If anything MA should be a SHALL issue state not a may issue.

Why do I doubt if you saw a guy carrying, and found out he didn't take the class and have his "papers" you would just ignore it?

Primus

And it does not matter if you don't want him to carry near you or yours. He has a right to. Yes, there is a downside to it being a right. The upside far outweighs the downside. The RKBA is our last line of protection against tyranny. If we have to use or firearms, I'd rather the guy next to me knew what he was doing. However, if he is shooting at someone that wishes me harm, he's my best buddy for the moment!

<o>

True... except he won't be shooting much with the magazine in backwards..... and if he does get it in the right way he's more likely to do more damage then help. Again its actually in your favor if he was trained. Just think more guys on "your side" who are better shots. I know its the principle of not being told when or how to do something by someone else.

eye95

True... except he won't be shooting much with the magazine in backwards..... and if he does get it in the right way he's more likely to do more damage then help. Again its actually in your favor if he was trained. Just think more guys on "your side" who are better shots. I know its the principle of not being told when or how to do something by someone else.

He's gonna get trained or dead real fast. Hell, I'm gonna help him put that mag in right.

The point you make still does not justify the government mandating training for folks to exercise the right. That requirement is an infringement.

<o>

sudden valley gunner

<o>

+1

It really isn't that hard to learn how to load and shoot. I find most newbies are innately fairly accurate. Might be because when you point the barrel in the direction you are aiming the bullets usually don't hit Urban bystanders.....;)

Primus

He's gonna get trained or dead real fast. Hell, I'm gonna help him put that mag in right.

The point you make still does not justify the government mandating training for folks to exercise the right. That requirement is an infringement.

<o>

Lol well I hope of it gets that bad there's more guys around to help pit the mags in

Again I respect your opinion not bashing it I just have a different one

eye95

Lol well I hope of it gets that bad there's more guys around to help pit the mags in

Again I respect your opinion not bashing it I just have a different one

You have a different one from the Framers who created the 2A.

<o>

Fuller Malarkey

And the day I saw a guy try to jam a magazine in his Ar in backwards at my local range was the day I realized training is needed. I actually stopped what in was doing and gave him a quick lesson. He had just purchased the rifle a day before and had never handled one before. Ever.

Seems to be a common theme among police officers.

magazine backward.jpg

magazine backwards.jpg

That appears to be a real cop in a very real standoff situation. Wait. That magazine isn't....upside down, is it? Nice chicken wing thing goin' on there......

aimpoint on backwards cop.jpg

Aimpoint mounted backwards. Whoops, or a tactical move mere peons couldn't comprehend...

cop eotech mounted backwards.jpg

Eotech mounted backwards. I'm told it's a skill.

The moral here, the takeaway, is that while most cops can tell which end of the gun the bullets come out of, and usually have a minimum of proficiency, it’s not a good idea to assume that just because they have a badge they know their way around the boomsticks…especially the more complicated boomstick systems that have moving and / or detachable parts.

Last edited:

Primus

You have a different one from the Framers who created the 2A.

<o>

Maybe. I honestly don't know because they aren't around to ask and we are talking about things they never dreamed up. They never imagined anything we have or how our society is now. When they framed things it was like being on a different planet then we are now. People were better in every way.

eye95

Maybe. I honestly don't know because they aren't around to ask and we are talking about things they never dreamed up. They never imagined anything we have or how our society is now. When they framed things it was like being on a different planet then we are now. People were better in every way.

Which part of "shall not be infringed" don't you get?

Time to move on. Point has been made for those willing to see it.

<o>

countryclubjoe

Unfortunately someone needs to tell people to train with said dangerous weapon. I wish everyone was just responsible enough to do it on their own.

Hi Folks
Hi Primus-- Do you think the G should require training for that chain saw or power drill you have in your garage?

Thank you and best regards,

CCJ

Primus

Hi Folks
Hi Primus-- Do you think the G should require training for that chain saw or power drill you have in your garage?

Thank you and best regards,

CCJ

Do you happen to carry a saw or power drill in a holster as a means to defend yourself? No. Why not? Because its not very effective at killing people. Sure you can. But if you had to choose between a .45 cal pistol and a power drill which would you choose? Well the .45 since its deadlier. Do soldiers get issued dewalt 18v power drills? Negative. They get issued rifles exactly the same as my personal one minus the three round burst capability. So either we are issuing soldiers very safe tools that require no training... or we are issuing them effective weapons designed to kill a person.

Primus

I will ad this and then I'll leave it alone and let the guys break out and scream and let the insults fly.

Are they any negligent discharges of drills? Sure I'll give you deaths by chainsaws. But let's look at EASE of death. My rifle currently has a 4.5 lb trigger Guillese 3GS trigger in it. So 4.5 lbs away from hurting/killing someone either intentionally or accidently. Can you do that to someone with a power drill? Does a drill have an ax effective range of about 400m give or take?

What happens if you accidently point a drill at your buddy and pull the trigger? Does he die? What if your intentionally using the drill at work? Can you accidently kill someone across the room? No.

I made my point. A gun is a more dangerous tool then a power drill. Hence training needed for a gun and not a drill.

So let it fly boys.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...A gun is a more dangerous tool then a power drill. Hence training needed for a gun and not a drill. ...

So then shouldn't firearms safety be mandatory in public school curriculum? Isn't THAT the place to provide this so desperately needing training before a RIGHT can be allowed?

We have a right to speak, and school teaches us how to use it.
We have a right to vote, and school teaches us the history of it and why it is important.
We have a right to bear arms. Why are schools lax or forbidden from the training?

You can't withhold the right, but you can help ensure the training.

Primus

So then shouldn't firearms safety be mandatory in public school curriculum? Isn't THAT the place to provide this so desperately needing training before a RIGHT can be allowed?

We have a right to speak, and school teaches us how to use it.
We have a right to vote, and school teaches us the history of it and why it is important.
We have a right to bear arms. Why are schools lax or forbidden from the training?

You can't withhold the right, but you can help ensure the training.

Actually Mac I agree with you it should be offered in school for free. I remember we actually had it at my highschool as part of the JROTC. It was air rifles. Every year they would have a turkey shoot for students and they had actual rifle teams.

You are absolutely correct. Teach it along with the other rights. Offer it as an elective in high school. If you want it you can choose it. If not oh well.

Think about this.... a lot of kids don't have that grandfather or father to take them out plinking with that .22. I know I never did. I learned in the army how to shoot. First time I ever held a gun it was with the army.