• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primus

Here's a pair of guys. First rounds on me when they are ready.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWb2XQ_O2mQ

Officer Richard Maher and Officer Kevin Connelly. Both Daytona Police.

No commandos here. No swat gear or flashbangs or ninja shoes.

I guess they didn't get the e-mail that they don't have a duty to help people?

OC for ME

Absolutely amazing, and maybe the source of the very different prejudices about cops, that one post brags, maybe, about being stopped "quite a few times [just] last year", while others have not been stopped "quite a few times" in a long and eventful life.

I have been stopped and ticketed three times. Only the first, in '66 was a righteous stop. The most recent was in 1977, a yankee-stop for driving my Porsche in Lake City, SC.

Maybe that should be a survey topic, "What is your lifetime average annual traffic stop rate?" (Lifetime total traffic stops divided by age in years minus sixteen.)

Mine: 3/(66-16)=3/50=0.06 year^-1
And well they should have. back then we didn't tolerate yankees nearly as much as we do now (I don't). But, yankess are coming down and building big houses and fancy cars are part of the property tax deal.

People rarely sue good doctors, people rarely tell frozen pizza vendor their pizza's are great. But let them screw up and then people speak up. It is human nature.

We do have a problem in this country with the ever increasing LEO incidents with gross violations of rights, and it seems most "good" cops do nothing about it. NC is starting to build a track record for prosecuting bad cops. Until the rest of the nation steps up to the plate, it will always be more moaning than compliments.

Just a thought, how many Mass Cops stepped up to the plate in the mass abuses of rights post Boston Bombing? I have not heard of even ONE!

OP the "good" cops you mentioned, have they ever stepped up to the plate to stop abuses? Or are they just friends of yours, that do not hassle you?
It seems that the OP's definition of a good cop (whatever it is) is the definition we should be using.

WalkingWolf

Primus do you have any videos of cops arresting other cops for violating citizens rights?

The cops you showed were doing their job, but that does not mean they are good cops. One awww poop wipes out a thousand atta boys. Unless they protect the public from police also they are not good cops.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Here's a pair of guys. First rounds on me when they are ready.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWb2XQ_O2mQ

Officer Richard Maher and Officer Kevin Connelly. Both Daytona Police.

No commandos here. No swat gear or flashbangs or ninja shoes.

I guess they didn't get the e-mail that they don't have a duty to help people?

Ok, here's one with some swat action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFivHzNhhVo

Shout out to the unnamed Sniper on that team on that team. Large caliber round (.308? maybe) drops him like a deer.

From what is seen, both would seem to be good shoots.

The first one exemplifies that first on the scene, first in, can save lives.

By the results, both officers apparently had more than the minimum standard requalification time at the range.

Only things I do not understand is why they didn't turn on some interior lights after the fact and why the lady was not cuffed until all things were sorted out.

Last edited:

Primus

From what is seen, both would seem to be good shoots.

The first one exemplifies that first on the scene, first in, can save lives.

By the results, both officers apparently had more than the minimum standard requalification time at the range.

Only things I do not understand is why they didn't turn on some interior lights after the fact and why the lady was not cuffed until all things were sorted out.

Not sure why no lights on. No electricity or couldn't get to the switch since the house was a mess? They probably didn't cuff her because she was the victim and there didn't seem to be any question of it at the time. No allegations of her doing anything wrong that I know of.

This is a good case of 2 guys who probably do train on their own and get to the call ASAP and react immediately once there.

Primus

Primus do you have any videos of cops arresting other cops for violating citizens rights?

The cops you showed were doing their job, but that does not mean they are good cops. One awww poop wipes out a thousand atta boys. Unless they protect the public from police also they are not good cops.

Wait, is it there job or isn't it? Much much time was spent here citing case law that says police have no duty to help anyone and that citizens are completely on their own. So I guess that means by default these guys even showing up makes them good guys?

Can't have it both ways. Either this is their job and they have a duty, which means you can take solace in the fact that they WILL (thats what I beleive), or you can say they have no duty and that they WON'T show up and your on your own. If the latter is your belief then ANY of these videos or incidents make these guys pretty awesome.

WalkingWolf

Wait, is it there job or isn't it? Much much time was spent here citing case law that says police have no duty to help anyone and that citizens are completely on their own. So I guess that means by default these guys even showing up makes them good guys?

Can't have it both ways. Either this is their job and they have a duty, which means you can take solace in the fact that they WILL (thats what I beleive), or you can say they have no duty and that they WON'T show up and your on your own. If the latter is your belief then ANY of these videos or incidents make these guys pretty awesome.

They either arrest ALL criminals or they are bad cops, no matter if they do a few good deeds. Two wrongs and one right do not make a good cop. With the amount of abuses it should be easy for a good cop to arrest other cops violating rights and breaking the law. If you/they don't you are a bad cop.

Primus

They either arrest ALL criminals or they are bad cops, no matter if they do a few good deeds. Two wrongs and one right do not make a good cop. With the amount of abuses it should be easy for a good cop to arrest other cops violating rights and breaking the law. If you/they don't you are a bad cop.

Can you give an example of a right being violated and the subsequent arrestable offense that corresponds?

For example... officer A demands I'd and detains a citizen for no reason. What does officer B arrest and charge then with?

Officer A orders passengers and driver from vehicle then searches said vehicle illegally. The traffic stop is valid (tail light out) but the search is not. What does officer B arrest the other officer and charge him with? Do you have a chapter and section handy for me?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

WalkingWolf

Can you give an example of a right being violated and the subsequent arrestable offense that corresponds?

For example... officer A demands I'd and detains a citizen for no reason. What does officer B arrest and charge then with?

Officer A orders passengers and driver from vehicle then searches said vehicle illegally. The traffic stop is valid (tail light out) but the search is not. What does officer B arrest the other officer and charge him with? Do you have a chapter and section handy for me?

ARE YOU KIDDING? Have you had your head buried in the sand completely on this site?

BTW in most states the charge is misconduct for police corruption.

Last edited:

Primus

ARE YOU KIDDING? Have you had your head buried in the sand completely on this site?

BTW in most states the charge is misconduct for police corruption.

Ok do you have a cite for said charge? And state it applies to?

Here's your opportunity to reach someone something. I'm asking because I've never hears of the charge you would use in the cases I listed. Either you can use this oppurtunity to provide good info to me that may be used or you can just piss it away and remind why I don't even bother trying sometimes. Its on you.

Fuller Malarkey

I think this is more the norm:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...police-officer-internal-investigation-husband

Female Osceola deputy arrested after hair-pulling attack

St. Cloud police Sgt. Elbert John Nettles. the husband of the woman charged in the cat fight has a colorful history....he was in the news in June 2011 when he was one of two St. Cloud officers who shot a woman dead when they responded to a dispute between roommates. He later received a written reprimanded in 2012 after he accidentally shot off half of another officer's right middle finger during a drug raid.

You can't make this stuff up.

WalkingWolf

Ok do you have a cite for said charge? And state it applies to?

Here's your opportunity to reach someone something. I'm asking because I've never hears of the charge you would use in the cases I listed. Either you can use this oppurtunity to provide good info to me that may be used or you can just piss it away and remind why I don't even bother trying sometimes. Its on you.

Name a friggen state? YOU claim to be a cop and you are not aware of misconduct by public officials? YOUR credibility just hit a all time low.

FBI color of law

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/civilrights/color_of_law

Excessive force: In making arrests, maintaining order, and defending life, law enforcement officers are allowed to use whatever force is “reasonably” necessary. The breadth and scope of the use of force is vast—from just the physical presence of the officer…to the use of deadly force. Violations of federal law occur when it can be shown that the force used was willfully “unreasonable” or “excessive.”

Sexual assaults by officials acting under color of law can happen in jails, during traffic stops, or in other settings where officials might use their position of authority to coerce an individual into sexual compliance. The compliance is generally gained because of a threat of an official action against the person if he or she doesn’t comply.

False arrest and fabrication of evidence: The Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution guarantees the right against unreasonable searches or seizures. A law enforcement official using authority provided under the color of law is allowed to stop individuals and, under certain circumstances, to search them and retain their property. It is in the abuse of that discretionary power—such as an unlawful detention or illegal confiscation of property—that a violation of a person’s civil rights may occur.

Fabricating evidence against or falsely arresting an individual also violates the color of law statute, taking away the person’s rights of due process and unreasonable seizure. In the case of deprivation of property, the color of law statute would be violated by unlawfully obtaining or maintaining a person’s property, which oversteps or misapplies the official’s authority.

The Fourteenth Amendment secures the right to due process; the Eighth Amendment prohibits the use of cruel and unusual punishment. During an arrest or detention, these rights can be violated by the use of force amounting to punishment (summary judgment). The person accused of a crime must be allowed the opportunity to have a trial and should not be subjected to punishment without having been afforded the opportunity of the legal process.

Failure to keep from harm: The public counts on its law enforcement officials to protect local communities. If it’s shown that an official willfully failed to keep an individual from harm, that official could be in violation of the color of law statute.

Last edited:

Primus

Name a friggen state? YOU claim to be a cop and you are not aware of misconduct by public officials? YOUR credibility just hit a all time low.

Good job walking wolf. You had a chance and you pissed it away as usual.

The beat part about this is everyone can see the conversation. You make a claim we can arrest guys for violating rights.

I give clear examples of illegal searches and ask how to arrest foe that.

You huff and puff and bash and....... fail to even remotely answer anything.

I've been respectful and was asking a legitimate question. You used to be a cop right? So it should be easy to provide your own States statue that would allow to arrest for an improper exit order or maybe an illegal search of someone's pockets.

Primus

FBI color of law

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/civilrights/color_of_law

Excessive force: In making arrests, maintaining order, and defending life, law enforcement officers are allowed to use whatever force is “reasonably” necessary. The breadth and scope of the use of force is vast—from just the physical presence of the officer…to the use of deadly force. Violations of federal law occur when it can be shown that the force used was willfully “unreasonable” or “excessive.”

Sexual assaults by officials acting under color of law can happen in jails, during traffic stops, or in other settings where officials might use their position of authority to coerce an individual into sexual compliance. The compliance is generally gained because of a threat of an official action against the person if he or she doesn’t comply.

False arrest and fabrication of evidence: The Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution guarantees the right against unreasonable searches or seizures. A law enforcement official using authority provided under the color of law is allowed to stop individuals and, under certain circumstances, to search them and retain their property. It is in the abuse of that discretionary power—such as an unlawful detention or illegal confiscation of property—that a violation of a person’s civil rights may occur.

Fabricating evidence against or falsely arresting an individual also violates the color of law statute, taking away the person’s rights of due process and unreasonable seizure. In the case of deprivation of property, the color of law statute would be violated by unlawfully obtaining or maintaining a person’s property, which oversteps or misapplies the official’s authority.

The Fourteenth Amendment secures the right to due process; the Eighth Amendment prohibits the use of cruel and unusual punishment. During an arrest or detention, these rights can be violated by the use of force amounting to punishment (summary judgment). The person accused of a crime must be allowed the opportunity to have a trial and should not be subjected to punishment without having been afforded the opportunity of the legal process.

Failure to keep from harm: The public counts on its law enforcement officials to protect local communities. If it’s shown that an official willfully failed to keep an individual from harm, that official could be in violation of the color of law statute.

Just looking for a statute..... a simple chapter and section... any state...

You seem to be referring to "color of law"... is that arrestable? In presence? In the last? Misdemeanor or felony?

Also... it appears to be federal. I can't enforce federal law hence me asking for a state level statute.

Status
Not open for further replies.