• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Ak or AR open carry!!!!!!

Oaklander

Excuse me for butting in, -- you are winning what?

Since the signing of 1923 California Dangerous Weapons Control Law, which mandated a waiting period with restrictions on firearm ownership to Asians and Hispanics, you people are moving backward in gun rights.

You call this winning?

I tried to quote the last line of your sig.

You know nothing.

Brandon, Nate, Bill - do not waste too much time on the folks in this thread. Not worth it.

Last edited:

Oaklander

That's me..the 33 year old pimply faced kid. Older age doesn't always equal more wisdom my friend.

Yes..insult my intelligence because i used hyperbole. Do you or do you not believe that the RKBA is a GOD given right?
Saying that we shouldn't do something because they will take it away is the "Height of stupidity"...because the very fact that i can't do for fear of removal means i never had the right to start with.

I insulted your intelligence because you wrote something stupid.

Iopencarry

It is people like Kevin, Brandon Alany and Chau what has brought the majority of 2 folks in CA closer together.
I respect your views, but the time to fight on the same front has come.
I do not like it anymore then you do. However, I have listen to Kevin for over 3 years now and he makes sense.
I have said many times, just about every time someone has said the the oc'er folks 'just do not understand what CGF is doing, etc.' The reason is NO ONE until Brandon or Kevin has ever told us WHAT the CGF is doing.
We do not like Gene's (2 weeks) crap all the time. or his 'trust me, I know best' attitude. While he may be right, NO ONE want to be treated like an unwanted step-child. And, face it, up until the last 6-8 months or so, that is how the federation and thier forum has treated us.

The discontent between the many groups of 2A advocates has GOT TO STOP!!!!!

I do not care who is right and who is wrong, WE ALL need to bend a little and compromise.

donny

You have never dealt with me then. I carry to keep myself safe and my wife safe....
Perhaps you are on the wrong message board?

I was referring to Californians. Anyone who thinks most don't carry for attention is clueless. That aside, carrying an unloaded gun for defense is basically hogwash.

Oaklander: I am who you think and while I'm not a exactly big fan of yours either I respect what you do for the cause and how you go about it. It's unfortunate you'll never get these chumps to see the damage they've already done and what more they'll do if they go forward with LGOC.

They don't understand doing this kind of crap only serves to turn the vast majority of gun owners (read voters) who are not the fanatics they are against them the same way handgun OC did. Every "silent majority" California gun owner I know, every single one, was in favor of AB144. Some actively supported it. As if dealing with antis and the non-gun owning sheeple isn't hard enough...

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
Oooh Nooo it Donny the troll again !!!!

I was referring to Californians. Anyone who thinks most don't carry for attention is clueless. That aside, carrying an unloaded gun for defense is basically hogwash.

Oaklander: I am who you think and while I'm not a exactly big fan of yours either I respect what you do for the cause and how you go about it. It's unfortunate you'll never get these chumps to see the damage they've already done and what more they'll do if they go forward with LGOC.

They don't understand doing this kind of crap only serves to turn the vast majority of gun owners (read voters) who are not the fanatics they are against them the same way handgun OC did. Every "silent majority" California gun owner I know, every single one, was in favor of AB144. Some actively supported it. As if dealing with antis and the non-gun owning sheeple isn't hard enough...

Thanks for turning up now go get your coat ......ie leave thanks for playing .....again !!! NOT!!!!

donny

Err, unlike you I have a life that doesn't revolve around guns or gun forums. I travel a great deal for a living and don't always have time to spar with the likes of you but don't worry...."I'll be back".

coolusername2007

Why don't you calgunners go crap on your own threads in your own forums. Your continued insistence on telling others what to do and how to do it is exactly what's wrong with this God forsaken state. What you "right people" refuse to acknowledge is the FACT that people exercising their rights are NOT to blame for bad, unconstitutional, and un-American laws. The rat bastards in the legislature and the Brady's and company are to blame. Your arguments of cause and effect won't be entertained here. Law-abiding, liberty minded UOC'ers will not be brow beaten into submission by your misguided arguments.

Save Our State

The nay-sayer's are certainly feeling their oats here...
I'm used to being harrassed and belittled as much and more, but it's usually coming from foreigners

donny

Lmao. Lets get one thing straight now: I am NOT a Calguns fanboy. I'm not even a member. There's some powerful queer people over there. I have to admit they're not quite on the level of gun nut you folks are though. OCers are the master race of gun nuts. Right up there with religious nuts.

Remember, this is coming from someone who owns several firearms. I just 1) don't live and breathe them and 2) would like to see gun law in the state turned around. That for sure isn't going to happen using the approach being advocated here. On the contrary...

Verd

Campaign Veteran

I agree with the latter but not the former.

Although, it IS curious that you corrected your statement of "Every" to "Most".

Every single OCer I have ever dealt with is carrying for attention

I hope that my response, in part, helped you to realize that since you were dealing with me (among others) who do not OC for attention made your statement of "Every single OCer" no longer true.

That aside, I believe that your statement is apocryphal. I have not seen any indication on these forums that would back your statement up. In fact, nearly every post in each state's thread about open carry in your daily life clearly points to a desire to be kept alone, untroubled, and to have little or no attention given to them. From what I have seen and read, the majority of OCers seem to want OC to be thought of as normal, to have OC not cause anyone to even blink an eye. That is clearly the complete opposite of "attention".

Last edited:

coolusername2007

Lmao. Lets get one thing straight now: I am NOT a Calguns fanboy. I'm not even a member. There's some powerful queer people over there. I have to admit they're not quite on the level of gun nut you folks are though. OCers are the master race of gun nuts. Right up there with religious nuts.

Remember, this is coming from someone who owns several firearms. I just 1) don't live and breathe them and 2) would like to see gun law in the state turned around. That for sure isn't going to happen using the approach being advocated here. On the contrary...

If you're referring to my previous post, you've misunderstood. I'm not referring to you, I don't know who you are. The others will know who I'm talking to.

wildhawker

I'm not referring to you, I don't know who you are. The others will know who I'm talking to.

Why, I'm blushing! This is actually better than remembering my birthday. I tell ya, sweet nothings are really under-rated.

-Brandon

p.s. I'm just a gun rights guy, and forums are just spaces for public discussion and debate. The people make the community. What kind of community are you building?

coolusername2007

Why, I'm blushing! This is actually better than remembering my birthday. I tell ya, sweet nothings are really under-rated.

-Brandon

p.s. I'm just a gun rights guy, and forums are just spaces for public discussion and debate. The people make the community. What kind of community are you building?

What?! Whatever. I'm building the kind of community that doesn't blame those who exercise their rights for bad laws from tyrants.

Oaklander

I agree, and we are not actually even adverse. hard to explain - I tried over at the other forum. As people, we are actual friends, and behind the scenes, a lot of us are joking together about which type of rifle to carry and stuff.

What people here are seeing is not even adversity - rather, just spirited debate. Just like what many of US have done over beers at our various events (like my BBQ's that my good friend puppy comes to).

ROLF - but still don't do it!

AND - if you DO IT - PLEASE COORDINATE WITH DALE, CHAU, A, ETC.

;-)

It is people like Kevin, Brandon Alany and Chau what has brought the majority of 2 folks in CA closer together.
I respect your views, but the time to fight on the same front has come.
I do not like it anymore then you do. However, I have listen to Kevin for over 3 years now and he makes sense.
I have said many times, just about every time someone has said the the oc'er folks 'just do not understand what CGF is doing, etc.' The reason is NO ONE until Brandon or Kevin has ever told us WHAT the CGF is doing.
We do not like Gene's (2 weeks) crap all the time. or his 'trust me, I know best' attitude. While he may be right, NO ONE want to be treated like an unwanted step-child. And, face it, up until the last 6-8 months or so, that is how the federation and thier forum has treated us.

The discontent between the many groups of 2A advocates has GOT TO STOP!!!!!

I do not care who is right and who is wrong, WE ALL need to bend a little and compromise.

Oaklander

Yes, I do not even think we are adverse anymore. I have a bad memory, and my own father has the same interest you do (at a smaller RV8 scale).

;-)

Last edited:

Oaklander

Why don't you calgunners go crap on your own threads in your own forums. Your continued insistence on telling others what to do and how to do it is exactly what's wrong with this God forsaken state. What you "right people" refuse to acknowledge is the FACT that people exercising their rights are NOT to blame for bad, unconstitutional, and un-American laws. The rat bastards in the legislature and the Brady's and company are to blame. Your arguments of cause and effect won't be entertained here. Law-abiding, liberty minded UOC'ers will not be brow beaten into submission by your misguided arguments.

Dude, you are not even connected to reality. Brady is not even opposition. We use them, and we want to keep them around. You really do not know how things work, do you?

coolusername2007

Dude, you are not even connected to reality. Brady is not even opposition. We use them, and we want to keep them around. You really do not know how things work, do you?

Yeah, that's it, not connected to reality, just another nut. The legislature and our Anti-2A Governor are to blame. The Brady bunch feeds the fire that's perpetuated by the media, they gin up scary language that's never repeated by the media nor the legislators like Saldana and Porkantino, no never. You're right, I haven't a clue. "We want to keep them around"...maybe even support them too huh. What a dumb*** statement, that explains a lot actually. Say no more, really, say no more.