• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Sunday - February 6th, 10am @ Lakewood Starbucks

J_Douglass

That was goose with the hockey stick at first. Was a pretty good day, tons of people there

Deleted_User

25 People showed up +3! That's an insane meet! nice to meet some new faces as well.

The hockey stick was mine *Let's Go Flyers!!!!!*

I was rather impressed at the turn-out! Thanks for coming out everybody! That gentleman behind us said he'd join the forum as well. A great turnout all around.

TechnoWeenie

You need to give Squeak some slack... the only camera he has uses tin types.

Here's one he did @ AWB hearing... :p
DSCI1868-1.jpg

I found one of Squeak when he was a kid....

3645319946_fb3fa76fa7_o-1.jpg

Last edited:

Tomas

That was something I should probably have asked about while I was there as one of the things I normally do is make a still image or video record of most meets I attend, but as this was my first OpenCarry.org event, I was unsure how that was accepted.

As the "new kid on the block" I didn't want to pop up and start recording everyone as not all people appreciate that.

(I attend two or more car group meets every month, and the folks there just assume that I will be taking pictures - that's why I carry a camera in a belt holster...)

If recording (and internet posting) of OC meets is accepted, I'll do some of that in the future...

Squeak

Tomas, I didn't realize that was you at the meet. Sorry.I'll still let you buy me coffee! Go to the meet in FW.

Tomas

Tomas, I didn't realize that was you at the meet. Sorry.I'll still let you buy me coffee! Go to the meet in FW.

I'll be happy to put coffee and a roll on my Starbucks card for you, Squeak. :D

Most of the meets, however, seem to be at some God forsaken time of the early morning, and since I retired, I just don't do mornings...

I'll keep my eyes open for another at a do-able time (gotta remember, I go to bed about 3AM...).

Just to eliminate question, this was me: http://tijil.org/Tom_OC_01.jpg

Squeak

Yep! That's you I saw! Set up an afternoon meet. There are many retirees that would go.
Me
Trigger Dr.
AJetPilot
1911er
Deros72
1245ADefender
YOU
That's enough. No one else can come! JUST KIDDING!:banana:

Tomas

Yep! That's you I saw! Set up an afternoon meet. There are many retirees that would go.
Me
Trigger Dr.
AJetPilot
1911er
Deros72
1245ADefender
YOU
That's enough. No one else can come! JUST KIDDING!:banana:

I don't set up meets, either. :p

I run a site with just over 70,000 members and we have meets all the time, but I don't set 'em up. Just not something I do.

Be happy to show up at things that match my schedule, though. :)

Deleted_User

I should have got pics of the 2 Steeler fans hugging... I know Squeek became a fan after that.

LMAO! Be careful, one of those was my mother. I think the entire place laughed when Squeak did that! Definate comic relief!

Squeak

Doncha just love those meets! I have 2 converts this week. 1 in Costco, 1 in the county Admin bldg., and 1 in Lowes!:banana: