• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

From OC to CC for me now.

IanB

imported post

The LEO-Citizen gay thing is a bit old now. Move on. I can only imagine what outsiders reading this forum think of this continued silliness. Sorry to poop on the gay parade.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
...SNIP
What's the deal with these belts??  I am guessing you make them?

Well, I make my own. I have made a few as gifts, but leather work is a hobby, not an avocation for me.

Regards
Can you make one that says  "Property of Citizen" in a size 34??  ;)

I see he discussed Fathers day gifts with you.:lol:

Yea I can do letters.

LEO 229

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
The LEO-Citizen gay thing is a bit old now. Move on. I can only imagine what outsiders reading this forum think of this continued silliness. Sorry to poop on the gay parade.
Hey Now!!! You should have sent me a PM about that...

Scheetz

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Scheetz wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
Scheetz wrote:
SNIP...
I like alot of the gun belts out there but I do not wear suits so they are to dressy for me.

So you are armed and therefor a slave to no man, buy most belts are too "dressy" so you are a slave to fashion?:lol:
:uhoh: Eh, what can I say I think I am just the right age to be a son to some of you. Just saying a dressy leather belt does not fit to well with plaid or cargo shorts. :lol:

Well, I don't have any kids, and you may be right about the age thing.

So SON,:what: next time we have a Manassas lunch gathering, show up and I will get your measurements, you tell me the style buckle you want, and I'll make you a belt. Mine are not fancy, and I wear them with Cargo pants and jeans all the time. Of course I also need to know if you want black, brown, or natural, cause fashion is important.:lol:

Regards

:celebrate Just let me know what I will owe ya. I'll make sure I start making the monthly dinners.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Scheetz wrote:
...SNIP

:celebrate  Just let me know what I will owe ya.   I'll make sure I start making the monthly dinners.

Well, I am not certain we are talking about the same thing. This would not be the VCDL meeting.

A bunch of local Manassas area (and others) OC folks got together about a week ago for a Sunday Lunch. I think everyone had a good time and we were thinking about trying to do it again. So I will keep your name in the pool of invites for the next one, which I would expect to occur in a few weeks more or less.

I am more than happy to do this for you, but I would need to know what kind of buckle you like to use. When I make these I usually use leather screw studs so the buckle can be changed, but depending on the buckle type, you have to add a few extra inches to the belt length.

As to costs, I don't have any idea. The materials in a typical belt are about 5 bucks, including the stains and waterproofing. Buckles run from 2 bucks to over 500, depending on your tastes. But I never sell this kind of stuff. That way if you don't like it, well you got what you paid for. If you do you got a hell of a deal.:lol:

Unless you have to have it real soon we can talk about details over lunch.

Regards

Scheetz

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Scheetz wrote:
...SNIP

:celebrate Just let me know what I will owe ya. I'll make sure I start making the monthly dinners.

Well, I am not certain we are talking about the same thing. This would not be the VCDL meeting.

A bunch of local Manassas area (and others) OC folks got together about a week ago for a Sunday Lunch. I think everyone had a good time and we were thinking about trying to do it again. So I will keep your name in the pool of invites for the next one, which I would expect to occur in a few weeks more or less.

I am more than happy to do this for you, but I would need to know what kind of buckle you like to use. When I make these I usually use leather screw studs so the buckle can be changed, but depending on the buckle type, you have to add a few extra inches to the belt length.

As to costs, I don't have any idea. The materials in a typical belt are about 5 bucks, including the stains and waterproofing. Buckles run from 2 bucks to over 500, depending on your tastes. But I never sell this kind of stuff. That way if you don't like it, well you got what you paid for. If you do you got a hell of a deal.:lol:

Unless you have to have it real soon we can talk about details over lunch.

Regards
Yeah I understand it was just a local gathering. When I first joined the forum I was down in the Tidewater area but never made it to any of the dinners. Back home now in PW so I was happy to see a local get together.

No need for a rush on it. Going over it during lunch is fine by me. As far as buckles go, I normally just pick up a standard silver buckle. If that even helps :lol: I'm a fan of black leather on silver, still classy but fits everything well.

And if you wont take a payment for it, how about I just cover your lunch tab. :dude: I wouldn't feel right not paying for it somehow.