• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fun Guns

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Because he is young, (no offense) and you can buy and sell guns, but not memories. If he just waits a few weeks until the money comes through, then he can have the glock, and the 10 22. Get rid of it now, and its over. You have only the glock. Better to have 2 guns than 1. He could buy another 22, but not that same one. Besides, stick it in the closet, and keep it for the kid later. Then it will really be worth something special to both him and the kid.

My 7 year old already made me promise her my .40. That means a lot to me.

PDinDetroit

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
Because he is young, (no offense) and you can buy and sell guns, but not memories. If he just waits a few weeks until the money comes through, then he can have the glock, and the 10 22. Get rid of it now, and its over. You have only the glock. Better to have 2 guns than 1. He could buy another 22, but not that same one. Besides, stick it in the closet, and keep it for the kid later. Then it will really be worth something special to both him and the kid.

My 7 year old already made me promise her my .40. That means a lot to me.
+1.

I passed the .22 LR Rifle (Savage Model 64) that I bought for my son to him on his 18th birthday. It has meant a great deal to both of us.

My daughter has already laid claim to a Ruger Mini-14, a Ruger 10/22, and a Rossi Single Shot .243/20 Gauge. I am sure she could pass the 10/22 on to her kids someday.

I have my grandfather's Stevens Double-Barrel Side-by-Side Shotgun from the 1920's (12 Gauge, 30" Barrel, 2 triggers). I WILL NEVER SELL IT.

maustin195

imported post

I have a Winchester 22 auto yhat belonged to my grandfather then my father. It is not worth alot of money but is priceless to me. It will go to my son later and I hope he enjoys it as much as I have.